What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting comparison..

tejas.png

Tejas Mk2 is assumed to have the GE F414 engine. The other options are the GE F414 Enhanced Performance Engine or the EJ200 Thrust Vectored Engine. In any of the cases, the basic performance characteristics are expected to be similar.
courtesy - pogularrocky

Again not really reliable, because of several mistakes! The fact that they rate LCA, assumed with the same GE 414 engine as Gripen, with a lower T/W ratio although LCA is nearly 1.5t lighter, shows that they don't compare with correct specs here.

Jha ji . What BR guys are smoking these days

Apart from what Sancho says about LCA
MRCA chart had f16 as 30mill , now it has 45mill .
And this guy has very far seeing eyes - GE engine confirmed .:devil:

i got this ques again that- if GE engine is selected will we be getting the fe414 EPE or not ???

thanks in advance......

No ,
Negotiations are for Ge414 & EJ-2000 ( No EPE on 414 + no TVC on EJ2000).

No ,
Negotiations are for Ge414 & EJ-2000 ( No EPE on 414 + no TVC on EJ2000).
I think the GE FPE is only on offer for MRCA super hornet....
But that also is not a gurantee, is it?

so no 26000lbf thrust for tejasmk2 ..... sigh.. i was hoping too much with new engine issue.....

I think the GE FPE is only on offer for MRCA super hornet....
But that also is not a gurantee, is it?

That's true only for MMRCA as part of F18E ( even Gripen NG wont have EPE )

But IAF has asked for this thing separately .
So we get 3 things as a prime in MRCA to win

- Separate weather mode on AESA
- 1773 Fibre optic buses instead of 1553 ( Sad for Russians)
- An optimum T/W ratio

That's true only for MMRCA as part of F18E ( even Gripen NG wont have EPE )

But IAF has asked for this thing separately .
So we get 3 things as a prime in MRCA to win

- Separate weather mode on AESA
- 1773 Fibre optic buses instead of 1553 ( Sad for Russians)
- An optimum T/W ratio
looks like Boeing knew that its aircraft wasnt that agile, so they offered this engine for the contract. After this engine F-18 will be a better aircraft for sure.

The seperate weather mode we are talking about here was only asked from F-16 IN I guess or to all?...

Even Rafale runs on Mil 1553 busses dont they?

The seperate weather mode we are talking about here was only asked from F-16 IN I guess or to all?...

No from all companies
Boeing tried to play tricks with NAVFLIR Blah Blah .
But IAF was absolutely sure they want an All weather , Day & Night ,
SAR imaging ,
Sea mapping , Sea Surface Search
Doppler Beam Sharpening (DBS) mapping
Ground Moving Target Identification and Track (GMTI/T)
Terrain following and avoidance modes to form 3D radar map
Electronic Jamming (optional)

in AESA right from start

Even Rafale runs on Mil 1553 busses dont they?

Yup last I read , four to six Mil-Std-1553B databuses and one optical STANAG 3910 databus forms Rafale's architecture .

Only MIG and RAFALE have those 1553 , rest all have moved to fibre-optic .

I hope for LCA-mk2 we get Fly-by-Light and 1773 avionics buses . Infact handling suddenly appears crisp and more responsive by Fibe-optic transmission - as told by some ???????? you know

BY EDITOR AT 27 JULY, 2010, 1:34 AM
Note: Vinayak shetty is admin of www.lca-tejas.org had also has his own blog at Point blank
BY: Vinayak shetty

In a busy Hangar in Hal complex a lone Tejas Pv-1 in the corner of the Hanger waits for Integration with the Kaveri engine , mating should have taken place a decade ago but delays in kaveri engine by GTRE only delayed the whole event , this also shows how off track whole Kaveri engine Project really is .

PV-1 has been pulled out of the current rigorous Tejas Test program since it no longer has all the new avionics equipments and its subsystems , nor does it has weapons integrated to carry out weapons testing ,but it will not join the fate of TD-1 and TD-2 where both have been dismantled and usable parts already been removed from the aircraft and waits it last resting place neither in a museum or a IAF Base .

Efforts are on to integrate Kaveri engine to its airframe , PV-1 is the only aircraft which was designed keeping Kaveri engine in mind , but it flew with American Ge engine , it still needs a lot of rework on its fuel lines and also on plumping systems ,so does LRU in the aircraft, Tejas LSP aircrafts have gone lot of changes recently to match LSP , PV-1 will also require number of changes to its mission computer and software .

Sources close to www.lca-tejas.org have told us that PV-1 up gradation and rework may delay the whole integration of Kaveri engine , HAL engineers are also working on possibility of integrating it with Tejas LSP-1 which is a newer airframe and has better equipment on-board then Pv-1 .

Which aircraft will take the honor will be decided soon and Kaveri engine will fly on board a Tejas Air frame by early 2011 or some time later in the year

what about high atttude test on kaveri ,,, is it ready to took lca in sky.

An interesting comparison..

tejas.png

Tejas Mk2 is assumed to have the GE F414 engine. The other options are the GE F414 Enhanced Performance Engine or the EJ200 Thrust Vectored Engine. In any of the cases, the basic performance characteristics are expected to be similar.
courtesy - pogularrocky

f 16 and f 2a are of the same class fighter and developed from same base,, is it ok to put them in seperate section ... correct me if i m wrong ,,

^^My suggestion is to take LCA out of this list, for the reason you mentioned and for the reason it will never be complete.

^^My suggestion is to take LCA out of this list, for the reason you mentioned and for the reason it will never be complete.

Be Patient -- Patience has its own rewards !

JF didnt materialize over-night (it may have for Pakistan but not for chinese)..it was years and years of hardwork -- albeit two decades of hard work..so wait n watch and enjoy your pop corn.

Mark my words -- The learning curve will be immense -- you will see rapid improvements in time lines when it comes MK2.

You are so sure what will be completed and what will not ?? If someone compare JF-17 kind of AC with Su-30Mki then many guys here can give so many days long speeches without checking their these AC class and capabilities, But if one AC is placed in some list of single ACs then you have so much concerns ?? Take a chill buddy:pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom