What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we were talking of range and not radius ..... with range u will have to double those km`s (u gave in radius)= 2x300kms

that is .. a max range of 600kms with weapons load..... isn't it ?

1900L isn't less than half of 3000L..... i think u did a little mistake....

thanks alot buddy now i got my answer ......

Hi
you said adding 1.5 tons of weapons above its 3.5 ( total 5 tons) so I am reducing 1.5 ton of fuel. 1.5 tons of fuel will be around 1900L of aviation fuel.

therefore 3000 - 1900 = 1100L which is less than half.

In the next pic below [ http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/4346-lca-news-discussions-105.html]

the range is specified as around 700 km with one ton load.

so it means 3000L internal fuel + 2500/0.76 liters of external fuel= approx 6200 L of fuel translating to 700km of range or 1400KM distance.

from the above its Around 4.5L of fuel is approximately translating to 1 km.

so with 1100L its going to be 244 KM or 122KM range.

In fact from the HAL image 3000 L fuel is translating to 300 KM range or 600KM distance.
so 5 Lts of fuel is translating to 1km distance.

[ My calculation could be absolutely wrong :devil:, this is just for having some idea]

Feel free to prove me wrong.:yahoo:

Tx
Sri

Last edited:
Hi Sancho,

the Mtow is specified as 13.5t, but ajay shukla has specified in his blog as 13 t.
Did something change in between and the MTOW is increased to 13.5 t?

as you have mentioned if 5335Kg if left then LCA should be far lighter (even on full load) and should be able to go much faster as well as be maneuverable.
If this is the case then what IAF is complaining about? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...
Tx
Sri

Hi Sancho,

the Mtow is specified as 13.5t, but ajay shukla has specified in his blog as 13 t.
Did something change in between and the MTOW is increased to 13.5 t?

as you have mentioned if 5335Kg if left then LCA should be far lighter (even on full load) and should be able to go much faster as well as be maneuverable.
If this is the case then what IAF is complaining about? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...
Tx
Sri

The MTOW is still the same, only the weight was reduced. The aim from the beginning was 5.5t empty and so they came closer to their initial aims now, that's why I said 4t payload shouldn't be the problem now. The problems still seems to be the acceleration, even with the new engine (GE 404) as the latest reports hints, but we have to wait for more infos about it.

Reactions: Sri
Hi
you said adding 1.5 tons of weapons above its 3.5 ( total 5 tons) so I am reducing 1.5 ton of fuel. 1.5 tons of fuel will be around 1900L of aviation fuel.

therefore 3000 - 1900 = 1100L which is less than half.

In the next pic below [ LCA News & Discussions

the range is specified as around 700 km with one ton load.

so it means 3000L internal fuel + 2500/0.76 liters of external fuel= approx 6200 L of fuel translating to 700km of range or 1400KM distance.

from the above its Around 4.5L of fuel is approximately translating to 1 km.

so with 1100L its going to be 244 KM or 122KM range.

In fact from the HAL image 3000 L fuel is translating to 300 KM range or 600KM distance.
so 5 Lts of fuel is translating to 1km distance.

[ My calculation could be absolutely wrong , this is just for having some idea]

Feel free to prove me wrong.

i was trying to say that we take only 1.5 tns or 1900l of internal fuel and 3.5tn weapons.....but i did a mistake while writing
then can we put 3.5+1.5 tn on lca wings

i actually meant 1.5 tns of internal fuel and 3.5tns of weapons.... a little misunderstanding..... sry :angel: :angel:

Reactions: Sri
India's Own Naval Fighter Emerges Tomorrow

navy+tejas.jpg

Tomorrow, the aviation world will for the first time see India's Light Combat Aircraft (Navy), the country's first indigenous combat aircraft for carrier operations.

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: India's Own Naval Fighter Emerges Tomorrow

frnds here is some speculation of aesa on tejas (elta=2052)

LCA Tejas - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

At a Glance

Powerplant 1xF404-GE-IN20)
Thrust (Dry)
54.9 kN (12,250 lbs)
Thrust (Afterburner)
85 kN (19,000 lbs)
Internal fuel capacity 3,000 Liters

External fuel capacity
5×800 liter tanks or 3×1,200 liter tanks, totaling 4,000/3,600 liters

Radar ELTA EL/M 2052 AESA Elta claims that the long-range AESA fire control system is capable of detecting 64 targets, and of simultaneously engaging "several" using radar-guided missiles. A prototype of the radar is currently being tested on a Boeing 737 testbed. For ground surveillance, the design is capable of generating high-resolution synthetic aperture radar imagery and of detecting moving surface targets, and can also be used to support maritime surveillance tasks.

Weight (Empty)
5,500 kg (12,100 lb)
Weight (Max Take Off)
14,500 kg (31,967 lb)
Weight (Max Landing)
9,500 kg (21,000 lb)

Wing Loading
221.4 kg/m² (45.35 lb/ft²)

tejaslca02web.jpg

:cheers: :toast_sign: :chilli:

NAVAL VARIENT

navallca.jpg

Navy LCA Features
The naval variant will feature an arrestor hook, a drooped nose for better cockpit visibility, LEVCONS and fore plane to reduce landing speed, auxiliary air-intakes, strengthened undercarriage and fuselage and a fuel dump system.

Maximum T/O from a carrier will be restricted to 12.5 tons, with the max external load being reduced to 3.5 tons

The NP1 is currently being equipped after structural assembly. It is due to roll out from HAL Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) design hangar on July 6. Once the ground based tests are completed , the NP1 is expected to fly by the end of this year.

The NP2 is likely to fly by the end of 2011.

The LCA (Navy) NP1 would be flying with the GE-F-404-IN20 engine and is designed for ski jump take off and arrested landing

http://knol.google.com/k/lca-tejas#LCA_Naval_Variant

I think many of the details mentioned in this are wrong.
e.g. mtow is 13500 kg not 14500.

radar which is mentioned is for mk2 version i believe.
empty weight is 5680 kg not 5500 ( it was the target earlier)

tx
Sri

i have been an observer on this forum for some time.now
this is my first post.

i just felt that in many threads pakistani members jumped to conclusions about the llca tejas aircraft.
they start comparing it with jf 17.
they should realise that jf 17 is not indegenous technology..it was designed by the chinese,the engine built by the chinese...later on paf advised changes in the aircrafts that would suit der requirements...

the jf17 project is just like sukhoi30mki project which india produces locally....
the jf17 was developed by china mainly for export purposes.....

on the other hand lca tejas has been developed frm scratch,undergoing improvements,trials etc....tht is the reason behind its delay...drdo could hav directly taken russian help bt they chose nt to(becoz then it would nt giv us the knowhow tht one gets frm development phases)......the lca tejas has almost everything indigenous(except the engine which is undergoing trials nd improvment)....

i suggest pakistani members not to start blasting my post and if u differ frm my opinion kindly reply in a civilzed manner..i m open to discussions

junior scientist
(cant reveal my organization..srry abt that)

Yes revealing your organisation will surely affect national security.

frnds here is some speculation of aesa on tejas (elta=2052)

as far as i know we won't be using elta 2052 in lca mk2 anymore .... rather the aesa radar wud be an joint ventured radar (between drdo and an int company (not decided)) .....

i know that its time before we see aesa on lca. but today while serching net i came accros the source i posted.

ofcourse he is,instead of replying properly he is givin a bs comment.....

He was replying to ur comment about organisation you are working.

He is a much respected member and ur comments shows how much immature you are.

Scientist huh?? In what??

Last edited:
It's the time to disco, we are getting there, we will go faster now that we have finished the initial hiccups.

Its time for lungi dance...:chilli::chilli::victory::victory:

Isn't it a hot sexy baby coming out????

Love to watch her dancing in the sky..:smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom