What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinetic i think rafale will be better choice then eurofighterreason

1)infrastructure of dessault is already here{don't 4get e will be upgrading miraage 2000 in india}

2)we can trust france more then eads {BAE HAWK deal is a prime example}

3)indian navy also need an aircaft for iac2 so we can have rafale for that as EF don't have any carrier version

4)our pilots r already flying miraage2000 and it will take less time for them to be familiar with rafale

5)last but the most point they r ready to provide us with source code of AESA

6)rafale will be the main fighter for france for atleast nxt 30 yrs and on the other hand almost all the partners of eads r focussing on F-35

7)and ya don't 4get at present rafale has aesa radar and air to ground capability

and u.s don't have any control on france as compare to eads partners.....................

mate....

1) First quoting IAF 'sources' some newspapers as came up with a scenario that the fighter which just meets IAF requirements and lowest bidder will win but Eurofighter was the first to protest against it. Later IAF chief/MoD confirmed that it is not like that but they will consider everything including technologies, capabilities, ToT issues, how much it benefits us etc etc.

what if both EF and rafale pass the test s and requiremnt of IAF and the final decions is with the ministry ?? dont you think they will select Rafale ??

2) Rafale is a good fighter no doubt but it has no taker. Technologically Eurofighter is newer, more advanced, combines technologies from four European countries and has more upgrade potentials. Yes, Rafale will be most less prone to sanction just after Mig-35, thats a good side.

No doubt technologically Typhon is better and more advanced..thats why I already said it in m earlier posts that it is the best among the six..but saying rafale has no takers will be wrong.:disagree:

And this is a rare place where me and my buddy agree to disagree....:azn:

Rafale rox..!!!!!

dream onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn buddy......... :D eurofighter will fly in tri-colour in front of your eyes, rafale fans, along with Tejas and MKI. :bunny:

Every one pls join Eurofighter Typhoon brigade! :partay:

thats very good point....we should also not forget pakistan's deal for avionics was stopped recently..just after the Mirage upgrade deal talks...diplomatically as well, its gonna be beneficial to us apart from very important AESA source code sharing.
aimar this is were i don't trust french they r to much greedy for money..............last time wen their was news about rafale is out mrca at time french started supporting pak for nuclear deal

I would like to add one more thing here. South Korea which is quite advanced technology wise (electronics, robotics, engineering, automobile), failed in its second attempt to launch a satellite.
That does not mean that they can not do it . Eventually they will learn from the failures and mistakes and will be able to launch a satellite successfully.
Here also they took help from the Russians. Will it make their attempt any less indigenous?

Sikhane kay liye Guru to chahiye.

On a lighter note...

No matter how many times we fail, we will keep on attempting. And eventually we will get there.

:tup:

Yes ... Yes... here SouthKorea in my office we were watching the satellite launch live.... and One Korean even wittingly commented that probably Russians are not teaching as good as they have taught Indians... :woot:

And I said we are quick learners and you guys are not that is why you need and Indian to come and work for you and your product becomes successful... same way you get the ISRO people work for your lauch will become successfull... and we we laughed it off...
:)

@Kinetic which one is better EF or Rafale???

I think its Eurofighter. Mate pls see my last post. There I have mentioned two points. If you want more details I will try it later in next posts.

Last edited:
aimar this is were i don't trust french they r to much greedy for money..............last time wen their was news about rafale is out mrca at time french started supporting pak for nuclear deal

but In this case I dont think it will have any effect since the deal for Mirage upgradation is sure to happen and apart from that if I remember correctly we just had a deal of navy patrol ships from France (correct me if I am wrong here, as I am not sure on this part)

kinetic i think rafale will be better choice then eurofighterreason

1)infrastructure of dessault is already here{don't 4get e will be upgrading miraage 2000 in india}
We have long history of building UK and German aircrafts like Jaguar (Anglo-French), Hawk, Dornier etc. Mate the same reason was used by IA to buy huge number of T-90S against Arjun ie its commanility with T-72! But if we are not capable of adopting new technologies or modern infrastructure why do we need MRCA? We could simply buy upgraded Mirage-2009. One of the main point of MRCA in IAF is to bring new technologies, techniques and infrastructure to build a modern aircraft.

2)we can trust france more then eads {BAE HAWK deal is a prime example}
Agreed but the difference is marginal. Scorpene, Mirage-2000 upgrade deals are other examples. These two really didn't go well, much worse than Hawk deal.

3)indian navy also need an aircaft for iac2 so we can have rafale for that as EF don't have any carrier version
Indian navy already floated a tender for new naval fighter which includes naval Eurofighter.

4)our pilots r already flying miraage2000 and it will take less time for them to be familiar with rafale
When we go for something new and better we should learn this and we have learned earlier. It will be no problem for IAF pilots.

5)last but the most point they r ready to provide us with source code of AESA

Eurofighter offered something same, forgot it's details but they also offered a smaller version for LCA. It will not be a problem.

Aah.. why cant we have discussions like this on Pakistani Topics...
Indians always derail them...

what if both EF and rafale pass the test s and requiremnt of IAF and the final decions is with the ministry ?? dont you think they will select Rafale ??
It will be mainly IAF's decision which will reflect on MoD's final answer. If both EF and Rafale meets all the requirements still they will see what is overall and high end capabilities and how much it benefits IAF and Indian industry. Many points come here, four nations Eurofighter consortium's pressure will not be less than the French's.

No doubt technologically Typhon is better and more advanced..thats why I already said it in m earlier posts that it is the best among the six..but saying rafale has no takers will be wrong.:disagree:

Mate see, Rafale joined many competitions so far but could not win single one. If they get a deal from Brazil most probably political decision.

The time when fighter like Rafale could rule the market was/is
1995-to-2012, that time is almost over and we know SU-30MK, F-15, F-16 and Eurofighter got almost all of it. After 2012 nations will think differently, here Eurofighter upgrades can challenge many fifth generation fighters like F-35, what it already started because as you know many of its technologies are of fifth generation.

No serioulsy even if i everyone says Typhoon is more advanced technologically (!!!!) it is only in A2A roles.

The tranche3 upgrade for better A2g is still not in production and it will take time.

But Rafale is a much more mature A2G platform which is really the need of the IAF given that the aircraft the Rafale replaces is going to be Mig-27,Jags etc which are pure strike aircraft.

So wat we need is a Omni-role fighter with excellent A2G capabilities and good A2A capabilities and only one fighter satisfies that...Rafale..

And MoD has made it amply clear that they will choose only the fighter that is the lowest cost among the shortlisted ones by the IAF.

So again its the Rafale.

Mate you know that Tranche-3 will get all the multi-role capabilities that Rafale have plus better A-to-A. It will not take time, they offered it to India and if India go for EFT, it will be inducted in time. See the weapons combination of EFT, its not less compared to Rafale as far as omni-role or multi-role or A-to-G is concerned...

eurofighter-weapons.jpg

http://nuevavidavirtual.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/eurofighter-typhoon-2.jpg

As for MoD/IAF's lowest bidder and 'just meeting the requirements' pls go through my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom