What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much indigenous is jf_17. its also using foreign engine and other system . and a lot of work by china.
dude.. check the dates.. you just responded to a 3 year old post

LCA-Tejas has completed 1350 Test Flights successfully. (27-Apr-10).

* LCA has completed 1350 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-139,PV3-211,LSP1-59,LSP2-148,PV5-12,LSP3-01).

I read somewhere regarding the production rate of tejas i.e., its only 8 ac/ year...

Is this speed only for the limited series production acs...?

:what:Will this number go up if large numbers are ordered...?

I read somewhere regarding the production rate of tejas i.e., its only 8 ac/ year...

It can increase by later coze you can see ryt now it has only 40 LCA-MK1 order. and it is not clear foc which will come at later may be with MK-II which arrive at 2014-15. so we can easily give the delivery with in 4yr time period and also HAL dnt want to invest heavily without more order by IAF. But you can see when it got FOC and IAF give order around 150-200 HAL defiantly increase the production rate

HAL has said that number can be increased to 10

This is only for now.

Once a production line is set up and under way.

The Tejas Unique design means , production will be naturally higher as time goes on

The tailfin for the LCA is a monolithic honeycomb piece, an approach which reduced its manufacturing cost by 80% compared to the customary "subtractive" or "deductive" method, whereby the shaft is carved out of a block of titanium alloy by a computerized numerically controlled machine. No other manufacturer is known to have made fins out of a single piece.A 'nose' for the rudder is added by 'squeeze' riveting.
The use of composites in the LCA resulted in a 40% reduction in the total number of parts compared to using a metallic frame. Furthermore, the number of fasteners has been reduced by half in the composite structure from the 10,000 that would have been required in a metallic frame design. The composite design also helped to avoid about 2,000 holes being drilled into the airframe. Overall, the aircraft's weight is lowered by 21%. While each of these factors can reduce production costs, an additional benefit — and significant cost savings — is realised in the shorter time required to assemble the aircraft — seven months for the LCA as opposed to 11 months using an all-metal airframe.

The source for this a DRDO documentary , you can find it on you tube

it wa about the LCA technology's

Great find Gogbot

Less Rivets
Less holes
Less welding
More single pieces
More composites

= More will be radar-deflection and bouncing away from source beam .

And this will reflect on the detection distance of LCA against other enemy aircraft.

that IF is really big...isnt it buddy????

Great find Gogbot

Less Rivets
Less holes
Less welding
More single pieces
More composites

= More will be radar-deflection and bouncing away from source beam .

And this will reflect on the detection distance of LCA against other enemy aircraft.

Don't get you hopes up , dude

You put weapons on the pylons and any RCS reduction will go to hell.

Tejas is already the worlds smallest aircraft in its class . Give that it has to carry weapons on the outside , it wont matter how much RCS reduction can occur due to lack of rivets.

But technologies like this are the base by which we are working on the FGFA and AMCA

Don't get you hopes up , dude

You put weapons on the pylons and any RCS reduction will go to hell.

Tejas is already the worlds smallest aircraft in its class . Give that it has to carry weapons on the outside , it wont matter how much RCS reduction can occur due to lack of rivets.

But technologies like this are the base by which we are working on the FGFA and AMCA

Sorry sir,

I have to disagree with you here,

Every other Aircraft in the world except F-22 is carrying it's weapons outside right now, but radar cross section of Typhoon and Rafael is much smaller then Su-30 and F-15 like fighter.

As you mention Tejas is Already world's smallest fighter:smitten: and use of composite m/t is Superb with vary less rivets and With 'Y' shaped engine inlet(So no Radar reflection form Engine Blades) it's radar cross section is much less then fighter of same class:smitten:

And as u know DRDO is also working on RAM coating on LCA:smitten: which is going to make it more stealthy

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ADA claims that a degree of "stealth" has been designed into the Tejas. Being very small, there is an inherent degree of "visual stealth", but the airframe's use of a high degree of composites (which do not themselves reflect radar waves), a Y-duct inlet which shields the engine compressor face from probing radar waves, and the application of radar-absorbent material (RAM) coatings are intended to minimise its susceptibility to detection and tracking by the radars of enemy fighters, airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft, active-radar air-to-air missiles (AAM), and surface-to-air missile (SAM) defence systems.

But i completely agree with u that Weapons and Fule tanks under the wing will kill the stealth fetchers but Tejas is definitely harder to detect at range and Use of BVR at higher range is going to Less compare to other air craft.

the radar tested few days back was AESA or simple?

and what is the radar range of LCA?

thanx in advance

It is an El/M 2032 radar antenna with the Indian MMR. It is not an AESA. It is an MESA.

the radar tested few days back was AESA or simple?

and what is the radar range of LCA?

thanx in advance

it was the hybrid MMR radar.

It made use of an Israeli processor and some inputs in the A2G mode ,but the rest was Indian.

The AESA radar for the LCA , is still in development. It is in fact an offshoot of DRDO's re-initiated AEW&CS program.

The Israeli El\M-2052 is being considered in the intern ,
The Elta 2052 is an advanced airborne Active electronically scanned array fire control radar for fighter aircraft. It is suitable for F-15, MiG-29, Mirage 2000, LCA Tejas. The EL/M-2052 is an advanced Airborne Fire Control Radar (FCR) designed for air superiority and advanced strike missions.

However the first 40 Tejas , or the first 2 squadrons will use the Hybrid MMR.

We will simply have to see what the Mk-2 will use .
It wont be the same MMR radar, that much is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom