What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helina is under development.

LCH Useful load: 2950 kg (6503 lb)

2950 kg..?!?!?:eek::eek:

man it should be one hell of a beast......
80af5e7dc64978f9706ada7ec1c9e531.gif

You are simply not aware of reason behind designing LCH and its maneuverability

First and foremost important thing is - It should operate from LEH airfield which is at height of more than 10000 (highest airfield in world). No other attack chopper is capable of doing it , only light non-combat ALH-DHRUV have done that ,
Bcoz of thin air and lower density of air Fighter jets have problem operating in combat load , this is where a direct takeoff from a chopper comes in handy.
Another issue here is Supersonic jets that india operates are too dangerous to be successful in following Terrain guidance bcoz their speed is too fast.
Thats where a subsonic maneuverable chopper comes in handy.

Whether it will be able to avoid LOCK ON depends on
ECM given to it ,
Type of A2A missile fired by Enemy and
Added maneuverability is just an advantage.
HAL would give a decent job to it since all EW suite components like RWR , MAWS are being finalized with the help from SWEDEN and FRANCE. No doubt it will be class apart.

Now you tell me which A2A missile and what generation missile is used by Pakistan + China for its attack helicoptors.
Whats the missile seeker+Range+added subsystem to jam enemy's EW suite and what abt the maneuverability of missile itself.

Then we can compare it to MBDA's A2A weapon on LCH.

good news for INDIA is IA has been given Green signal to go ahead purchasing Heavy combat Helos like APACHE LONGBOW/ KA 52 ALLIGATOR worth 2 SQ and more in future ,
conclusion LCH will complement this Force of unbeatable Choppers.

And finally unit price is just 10.5 mill, now compare its capabilities to others at this price and what it offers.
Here is the link

Google Squared

is this the reasion if keeping it under weight(high air field of ladakh),but i thought it was india's first dedicated attack helo (there primary mission is of tank busters) do ladakh region have place for tank scenerio ?
as far as i know in that thin air environment this helo will have more difficulties than your super sonic jets. reamber when your airforce tried mi17 as attack role in kargil & later :sniper:shot down by pak sam & later IAF zeroed only on fighter jets.

in high altitude helos like puma,chetek with munition add on will work beter(even tough very easy to get shot) than these armored copters.

Can u provide any credible link in support of your claim??

If not, then plz.......buzz off

china is no india that jump on every small ocasion to blow its own trumpet.
we are comunist country & we dont advertise our secrets like DODO.

you will get conformation when we would like to.(pakistan purchasing it):pakistan:

we are comunist country & we dont advertise our secrets like DODO.:

Its DRDO.... And yoy are right that you keep things secret.

(pakistan purchasing it):pakistan:

Why did you tell us that??? as if its really tough to guess..:rofl:

Generally when we talk about low observability of aircraft, we do so in terms of its radar cross section or infrared emission.
Can you elaborate what you mean by compromising LO feature and not RCS?

See let me make it simple
Low RCS design dosent mean that Design is also Stealth or LO
Rcs reduction envolves extensive usage of RAM coatings and composites- example F18 and SU35 have extensive usage of RAM and composites to reduce Rcs but you cant term them as Stealth/Lo design.
LO design means that perfect shapings and cones are created that reduce Radar reflection going back.
Every design has some factor of RCS to it , but it dosent mean that it is perfectly Stealth also
In terms of Landing gear , you havent created a shaping so its not going to add you stealth factor,
Strictly speaking Rcs increasing or decreasing cant be commented bcoz - you cant apply RAM coatings/composites to reduce it.

Regarding use of Fixed landing gear here is my explanation
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/52331-lch-makes-first-flight-6.html#post766240

Finally a broader word is Stealth - and you include LO+RCS factor in it,there is very fine line of distinction btw these two words.
All these terms are used vaguely meaning same thing, but i treat them as different entity.

Its DRDO.... And yoy are right that you keep things secret.

Why did you tell us that??? as if its really tough to guess..:rofl:

JUST TO MAKE YOU REALISE JUST WHEN INDIA RUSHED TO RUSSIA TO BUY T90 AFTER REALIZING PAKISTAN GOING FOR T80UD:bunny:, LEAVING ITS ARJUNK TO TRASH.
HOPE HISTORY DONT REPEAT WITH YOUR LCH.:toast_sign:

JUST TO MAKE YOU REALISE JUST WHEN INDIA RUSHED TO RUSSIA TO BUY T90 AFTER REALIZING PAKISTAN GOING FOR T80UD:bunny:, LEAVING ITS ARJUNK TO TRASH.
HOPE HISTORY DONT REPEAT WITH YOUR LCH.:toast_sign:

The arjun has performed better than the T-90 in a recently held field test suprising even those officers who had criticized the tank earlier.

See let me make it simple
Low RCS design dosent mean that Design is also Stealth or LO

Finally a broader word is Stealth - and you include LO+RCS factor in it,there is very fine line of distinction btw these two words.
All these terms are used vaguely meaning same thing, but i treat them as different entity.

Now I get it, it was just a misunderstanding. You are equating LO to stealth, while I thought LO means LO, no relation with stealth.

The arjun has performed better than the T-90 in a recently held field test suprising even those officers who had criticized the tank earlier.

can you provide a credible source other than some blogs:bounce:

Stick to topic guys, no need to bring Arjun, or other arms in here!

LCH, WZ-10 and Paks Cobras are in the same light class and are meant for the same roles fire support for ground troops and destroying armoured vehicles, not to fight each other, like fighters. So if we compare them it should be their capabilities regarding these roles.
One of the most important points on LCH will be the ability to be used in high altitudes, which will give especially IA a good advantage in mountain areas.
Also the commonality to Dhruv will be a big advantage, with the same Shakti engine, avionics and soon also our indigenous Helina it will be a good and cost-effective addition!

there is no need to make those comment,bro.AH is definitely one of the weakest part of our defence.let's see if WZ10 can change that situation

Hi buddy, China's WZ-10 is no were near to production. But it is only because of lack of engine. I believe all other parameters are met.

wrong about this,wozhou-8 is already widely used in our helicopter,WZ-10 is probably waiting for wozhou-9

Last edited:
we are comunist country & we dont advertise our secrets like DODO.

you will get conformation when we would like to.(pakistan purchasing it):pakistan

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1. kid, communist by definition is always known to blow their own trumpet. Their everything is based on propaganda. :blah::blah:

2. If that is secrete how u come to know it?

3. If it is a national secrete of China then why are you disclosing it on a open international forum?

4. Are u working against the PLA by disclosing their close guarded secretes??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The test flight taken by a tourist, wz-10

Last edited by a moderator:
CAN ANY ONE TELL HOW MANY COMPONENTS IN LCH ARE INDIAN OR IF ITS JUST SAME OLD STORY LIKE ALH DHRUV (OLD WINE IN NEW BOTTLE) .
I CAN BET THE WEAPON PLATFORM(ROCKET PODS TO BE INTEGRATED) IS IMPORTED JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH ALH.NOW OUR RESPECTED INDIAN MEMBERS WILL ARGUE "WE DEVELOPED HELENA(NAAG)" THEN QUESTION ARISE IS IT PROVEN. OF JUST IN TESTING PHASE JUST LIKE OLD DODO STORY(BARKING DOGS NEVER BYTES) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom