What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubt it. wz-10 been flying for 10 years with more than 8 prototypes. lch have yet to fly over 50 m and without weapons load. there're still a lot more work to do..

How are you sure enough to doubt its capabilities?????
I mean any specific reason or just assumption

plz read back posts you will get a better picture

i have a small doubt, the landing gear in both the LCH and the WZ-10 is not retractable. this means they will be sticking out the whole time, wont this severely affect its radar cross-section?

i have a small doubt, the landing gear in both the LCH and the WZ-10 is not retractable. this means they will be sticking out the whole time, wont this severely affect its radar cross-section?

Bro - you are confusing LO(low observability) with RCS (radar cross section)
landing gear will compromise its LO features not RCS

If you want i can give reason why this type of landing gear is used

"How are you sure enough to doubt its capabilities?????
I mean any specific reason or just assumption

plz read back posts you will get a better picture"

common sense

specs on paper vs. reality

Buddy, fully loaded LCH is going to have even more severe radar cross-section :eek:

please do.

as far as i know, RCS will be compromised by the landing gear assembly due to the several corners and surfaces.

the landing gear wont affect the visible observability as they are pretty small compared to the rest of the body. and dont jut out even as much as the stub wings.

common sense
specs on paper vs. reality

According to your common sense - F35 will always be inferior to F16, just bcoz at this moment F16 is reality.

Dont make your own assumptions, if you have any comparison data or specs or proof to back up then post it.

yes. paper is just paper. many indian weapons does not live up to the specs.

yes. paper is just paper. many indian weapons does not live up to the specs.

See again - Its just your assumption that LCH is inferior. You can't back up or justify your statement by any proof.

Do you believe it has less Hpower??? has less speed,climb rate is less, operational altitude is less
Do you think design is flawed, less maneuverable??
Do you belive its way too costly???
Do you belive it has weight issues???
Do you doubt its weapons?? EW suite ?? Helmet mounted sight
Atleast post part in which you believe it will under perform, so that all people can discuss

Otherwise Keep dreaming and Good luck with your assumption that it is inferior

Last edited:
please do.

as far as i know, RCS will be compromised by the landing gear assembly due to the several corners and surfaces.

the landing gear wont affect the visible observability as they are pretty small compared to the rest of the body. and dont jut out even as much as the stub wings.

Firstly plz note prime req of LCH is to operate in high altitude like LEH airfield
The fixed landing gear is towards the requirement of rough landing as the chopper is designed to operate in very high altitude in the Himalayan regions, where it is better to have all the safety gear you can get and which is tried and tested.

It's operating altitude is 6km.

There is a real chance that you will drop like a stone in the rarefied environment of Himalayas.

The fixed gear would be simple, rugged and no extra weight of the retractable mechanism.
Its more complicated to have a retraction mechanism with the actuators,and additional added back up system in case it fails to come back out ,and more space is required if its to be pulled into the fuselage, plus you need doors for that which means added hinges and actuators.
For weight constrained designs, every kg of weight removed is a performance gain, so its not needed.
Do note every Kg less adds to more speed and Maneuvering at high altitude operation.

Finally what i meant with LO is akin to stealth and IR reduction

Read the first line of this link
Stealth technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And u interpreted LO as visibility issue . :no:
anyways if you need more clarification ask me

Bro - you are confusing LO(low observability) with RCS (radar cross section)
landing gear will compromise its LO features not RCS

If you want i can give reason why this type of landing gear is used

Generally when we talk about low observability of aircraft, we do so in terms of its radar cross section or infrared emission.
Can you elaborate what you mean by compromising LO feature and not RCS?

What I know from some sources in IAF is that the first squadron of LCA will be inducted this year!!:yahoo:

1) Sources plz?
2) Which engine is finalized for LCA?
3) Which radar is finalized for LCA?
4) Is the production is started?

Please post the references to prove your quotes.

Thank you:)

I think he is speaking ab the Mk 1 version...So

1) engine - GE404
2) radar - Elta 2032 (until the indigenous MMR is ready)
3) production - the assembly lines are in place.Production will commence immediately once the IOC is obtained.

Learned members pls correct if im wrong.

Guyz...the ATGM that LCH is supposed to carry is HELINA.
wats the status of it..?is it beyond development trials....
or any other missile will be used in the interim like PARS or HELLFIRE or LAHAT..?

nd wats the total weight of ammunition (useful load) that the LCH can carry..?

learned members pls answer...thx in advance :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom