What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I can see the top of a car (ambi?) on the bottom right of the pix.

Without knowing anything about copters, I'd like to know more about the test flight. Right now it seems to be in hover mode.

i have one doubt . . . front pilot have no direct view outside:undecided:

don't worry. its completely normal. As the heli would start moving forward, it would tilt around 15-25 degree towards front and it is then the pilot would get a clear view. All helis work that way.

Also the pilot gets all round view of heli on LCD displays.

d34278aa5e773cb580b0ec05fc336bf2.jpg

DAMN THIS BABY IS SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

WATCH OUT LET - :sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

:victory::victory:

"Suno gaur se duniya walon,
Buri nazar na hum pe daalo,
Chahe kitna zor laga lo,
Sabse aage honge Hindustani..."

d34278aa5e773cb580b0ec05fc336bf2.jpg

After Arjun, LCA and now LCH :cheers: our indigenously developed beast and more to come.

India's Indigenous Light Combat Helicopter takes 1st flight

4fefd5f9c09c38166c10a9da4c25bd81.jpg

NDTV Correspondent, Tuesday March 30, 2010, New Delhi

India's indigenous Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) has flown for the first time. The helicopter, which was test-flown on Monday, successfully hovered for 15 minutes.

The LCH is based on technologies developed for India's Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter.

The LCH will be equipped with missiles in addition to its nose-mounted cannon. It will be able to take out tanks and other armoured vehicles in addition to giving battlefield support to Indian military formations.

India test flies light combat chopper successfully

BANGALORE: India has successfully flight tested a prototype of the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), designed and developed by the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a top official said Tuesday.

"The maiden test flight of the LCH Monday evening was successfully. Though it was a short haul lasting about 20 minutes, the performance was good," HAL chairman and managing director Ashok Nayak told IANS.

The 5.5-tonne attack copter is a derivative version of HAL's flagship product Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), christened Dhruv.

"We will be conducting more test flights to evaluate its various parameters at different altitudes and conditions. We are looking at reducing the weight considerably for better manoeuvrability," Nayak said.

Made of lightweight composites, the LCH can operate at high altitudes up to 6,000 metres or 18,000 feet.

The prototype was flown with Shakti engine, developed by HAL in partnership with Turbomeca, the French manufacturer of aero engines for global aerospace majors.

"Plans to launch the flight trials of LCH have been going on over the last couple of months but got delayed due to reassessment of its various functions and flight control systems," a official of the company's copter division said.

HAL plans to hard-sell about 150-175 units of the LCH to the Indian defence services, mainly Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Army, which already operates the military version of Dhruv for various functions.

Senior officials of the company's helicopter division and IAF were present at the HAL airport to witness the test fight.

The LCH will be equipped with a helmet-mounted targeting system, electronic warfare systems and advanced weapons systems.

The LCH will incorporate a number of stealth features and crash-worthy landing gear for better survivability. It will have a narrow fuselage, with two crew stations.

India test flies light combat chopper successfully-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

4fefd5f9c09c38166c10a9da4c25bd81.jpg

NDTV Correspondent, Tuesday March 30, 2010, New Delhi

India's indigenous Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) has flown for the first time. The helicopter, which was test-flown on Monday, successfully hovered for 15 minutes.

The LCH is based on technologies developed for India's Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter.

The LCH will be equipped with missiles in addition to its nose-mounted cannon. It will be able to take out tanks and other armoured vehicles in addition to giving battlefield support to Indian military formations.

Just beautiful, this baby is sure to become one of India's best defense export products in the coming years. Jai Hind

i THINK they need to re-do the TIGER eye, add a little red may be. right now it looks a gandhian tiger

A good begining...a lot of efforts to be made in right direction to make it a commendable war machine.....congrats to HAL

sare jahan se acha hindusitan hamara..............
Hindi hi hai ham hindi hi hai ham, vatan hai.

Bit of touch in the landing gear,this goes long way..........

guys just calm down a bit.It is only the first test flight.A lot of systems have to be tested before the bird can be inducted into the armed forces.

Nevertheless congratulations to all scientists ,engineers and also the test pilots .
With this India has now entered a select group of nations who manufacture their own attack copter.

My oh My... She is a Beauty :smitten:
Worth every second of the wait.

Stop nit picking guys.. the landing gear is just fine.

I wonder whether HAL was able to over come the overweight issues that they were facing, late as last october? Any news about it gurus?

Anyway.. lets party people.. elceeeh is up flying :cheers:

My oh My... She is a Beauty :smitten:
Worth every second of the wait.

Stop nit picking guys.. the landing gear is just fine.

I wonder whether HAL was able to over come the overweight issues that they were facing, late as last october? Any news about it gurus?

Anyway.. lets party people.. elceeeh is up flying :cheers:
Regarding the overweight issue, it seems they are still working on it.. The News says that way.

BTW, I'm no Guru, so Gurus please provide us more infos if you have..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom