What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

DM Parrikar must work harder with Tejas, if he doesn't , no one will care..

There is not Much progress about private player , building production line set up.

China has her own ejection seat, designed from the experience learned from both Russian ejection seat and Martin-Backer's.
thats why ejection system is getting failed in JFT?

Yesterday Arup raha said that his prime choice is rafale followed by gripen. He ranked gripen above the F 16 and F18. We are trying to pull something like gripen out of tejas. Hopefully next version of Tejas shall be a match to gripen D and indian air force will love it. Infact, if we can work on 2 issues. i.e aerodynamics and air intake than we can infact can have something better than Grippen as we have have mastered the art of weight reduction. If we have a Tejas with same engine with 600 KG lower weight than Gripen with AESA, EW , we can score over Gripen.

I think his language skills are bit off. He is confused between assembling and manufacturing himself.

In fighter jets, India manufacture various components like Software( and no, not written in c++ :)), LRUs, Avionics etc. Indian products. Manufacturing here means, from raw material to finished product. That includes the Su30 MKI Licensed from Russia and HAL Tejas which is an Indian product. No, don't go into the complete products are not India. I didn't say it.

Is Pakistan doing this in fighter jets? Raw material to complete product?

glad u understood the difference between 'Make in India' and 'Made in India'

Lol, what? What design? FGFA design hasn't even reached preliminary completion, forget finalization. What you're
seeing is a prototype of the Russian version. I had made a post on other forums a while ago, addressing such articles about the PAK-FA/FGFA -

image.png

image.png

It's not that Indians do not want to copy planes, it's that they CANT- they do not have the know-how and the various supporting infrastructure, along with technical capabilities to reconstruct a blueprint from scratch by taking a plane apart.

It's not that Indians do not want to copy planes, it's that they CANT- they do not have the know-how and the various supporting infrastructure, along with technical capabilities to reconstruct a blueprint from scratch by taking a plane apart.

That's not true. We do reverse engineer stuff, especially stuff that we license manufacture. We attempt to make some aspects of the design better through reverse engineering, but we never say that aloud.

We don't reverse engineer entire systems because that's pointless and a waste of money.

:offpost:

@SDS1 @The Eagle @nang2

Please don't go offTopic, keep discussion to Tejas only.

or Move your posts to JF-17 threads if you want to discuss about that or its ejection seats.

@eldarlmari
Start a thread on Reverse Engineering Capability of Countries/India if you want to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom