What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

What?? Seriously?

Please add sarcasm with a '\s'.
Probably not. China has no objection to let Pakistan manufacture everything JF-17 so China can focus more on R&D. The main issue would be whether Pakistan can pick it up.

Probably not. China has no objection to let Pakistan manufacture everything JF-17 so China can focus more on R&D. The main issue would be whether Pakistan can pick it up.

I think his language skills are bit off. He is confused between assembling and manufacturing himself.

In fighter jets, India manufacture various components like Software( and no, not written in c++ :)), LRUs, Avionics etc. Indian products. Manufacturing here means, from raw material to finished product. That includes the Su30 MKI Licensed from Russia and HAL Tejas which is an Indian product. No, don't go into the complete products are not India. I didn't say it.

Is Pakistan doing this in fighter jets? Raw material to complete product?

1) then why IAF is not happy with is this exceptional design?

Lol, what? What design? FGFA design hasn't even reached preliminary completion, forget finalization. What you're
seeing is a prototype of the Russian version. I had made a post on other forums a while ago, addressing such articles about the PAK-FA/FGFA -

image.png

image.png

2) by your logic regarding age of design,the new f35 must be better than 22.

In many ways, it certainly is.

i.e. avionics, situational awareness, passive surveillance etc.

A) Then y other air forces not happy with 35

The JSF is a low/medium-performance strike aircraft being forced to fill the shoes of a high-performance air-superiority plane, in several air forces. Ofcourse some people are not happy - it's being made to do entirely a lot more than what it can.

B) if f22 is that much irrelevant, y uncle Sam is notbselling to others in same time they ate selling f35

I never said F22 was irrelevant - it's still the best & most performant US fighter out there. Just the airframe. However, the PAK-FA/FGFA will still be better. The problem I highlighted was that it's avionics are dated. The US can upgrade these avionics anytime, and then they'd easily have a plane much better than any F-35 in pretty much everything the JSF does.

Last edited:
It is in operation with IAF. Have you read the audit reports from the trillion dollar project called F35?. When you have civilian government with checks and balances that is how it is. Transparency, it is called. When have you heard of such instances from China or Pakistan?

If you can take a second to appreciate the engineering feat (no, its not due to jingoism.) you will know the first version is beyond a success. Tejas as a fighter succeeded. The engine didn't get 100% results. If we go by Chinese standards, even the engine would have been in operation. No, but India had the retarded idea to go for all at the first go itself.

My friend, when someone else does something you haven't done or not even trying to do, try to appreciate it.

in low cost and frugal engineering and R & D , nobody can beat India. Our space program, nuclear program and our defense programs are the prime example. We are among the leaders in respective area with a fraction of R & D budget compared to these establish players. LCA tejas is all set to emerge as the premier fighter of the world and as avinash chander had said, if we make other one, it shall be absolute top class. MK1+ with low weight and aerodynamic improvement shall going to be a premier fighter for sure. We shall have a mini MMRCA at a cost of bellow 200 crore in next 4 years. If Mk2 comes, it shall be absolute top class and with AMCA we shall be among top.

When anything is focused properly it automatically becomes frugal. Even NASA when it was young was very frugal and reached quite high but slowly their services and vision expanded and the frugality went away.

Even NASA when it was young was very frugal and reached quite high but slowly their services and vision expanded and the frugality went away.

I understand the analogy and respect the spirit - start small, dream big, but work within your budget - but NASA was formed in 1958, put its first satellite into orbit the same year and three years later put man into orbit during the Mercury program... all while running the X-planes as a side venture:

Launch_Complex_14-MA-9.jpg

1280px-X-15A2_NB-52B_3.jpg

Mercury's total cost was 227 Million USD in 1965 dollars, a whopping 1.6 billion USD in 2010 and involved some 2 million people. Each of the six Mercury missions cost 265 million USD in 2010 dollars.

Each subsequent venture, Gemini, Apollo and on into Orion of today cost an increasingly large amount. It was hardly frugal in its infancy due to a little competition with the Soviets we like to call the "Space Race".

To make the analogy more accurate, you'd want NASA's predecessor NACA - National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.

upload_2016-10-6_12-42-15.png

Sorry for being a stickler, but I'm kind of a space geek:partay:.

https://defence.pk/threads/us-space-program-a-thread.380100/page-16#post-8114055

Last edited by a moderator:
^^

And what about HAL budget my friend?

See we all miss that one point. Money. How much did we spend for Kaveri before the project was delinked from Tejas to stop giving the jet a bad name? 640 million USD. Yes. You heard it. For the entire time it was alive as part of Tejas. Dont say that Indian engineers are cheap. Yes, they may be cheap. But the research they need to do is not. For example, we still don't have large enough Wind tunnel for testing. And how many labs are there to grow the crystals for making the turbine blades?

India simply doesn't spend enough money on R&D.

China is going to spend 45Bn USD in the next 20 year to catch up on jet tech alone. Their fighter jets have Russian engines, Russian ejection seat, Russian weaponry but yea.. completely Chinese product. Indian Tejas is the shit for everyone else. People ask it took 30 years to fly, why you are happy about it.

I understand the analogy and respect the spirit, but NASA was formed in 1958, put its first satellite into orbit the same year and three years later put man into orbit during the Mercury program... all while running the X-planes as a side venture:

Launch_Complex_14-MA-9.jpg

1280px-X-15A2_NB-52B_3.jpg

Mercury's total cost was 227 Million USD in 1965 dollars, a whopping 1.6 billion USD in 2010 and involved some 2 million people. Each of the six Mercury missions cost 265 million USD.

Each subsequent venture, Gemini, Apollo and on into Orion of today cost an increasingly large amount. It was hardly frugal in its infancy due to a little competition with the Soviets we like to call the "Space Race".

To make the analogy more accurate, you'd want NASA's predecessor NACA - National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.

View attachment 341187

Sorry for being a stickler, but I'm kind of a space geek:partay:.

https://defence.pk/threads/us-space-program-a-thread.380100/page-16#post-8114055

Keep up the informative post:enjoy:

What?? Seriously?

Please add sarcasm with a '\s'.

Your fun time is over. Add some link to prove your statement or act mature like your other countryman otherwise your time in PDF will be very limited time

14479748_1166935460067567_5007158928457928561_n.jpg

The LCA Tejas for the first time will demonstrate over the Hindon Airbase, outskirts of New Delhi as part of the 84th Air Force Day. The Tejas will be part of the official ceremony on 8th October 2016. Seen here is the SP-2 of 45 Sqn.

14479748_1166935460067567_5007158928457928561_n.jpg

The LCA Tejas for the first time will demonstrate over the Hindon Airbase, outskirts of New Delhi as part of the 84th Air Force Day. The Tejas will be part of the official ceremony on 8th October 2016. Seen here is the SP-2 of 45 Sqn.
Beauty...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom