What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Software updates will continue even after Tejas is in production. All aircrafts shall be updated with new software's.

What is FOC???
@dbc
Full form is Final Operational Clearance.

In plain speak - this machine has all the capabilties that IAF requires to fight an active war. Essentially it covers the full spectrum and roles ( AA , AG and AS)

Software updates will continue even after Tejas is in production. All aircrafts shall be updated with new software's.

Yes - and that is a benefit only if you are the manufacturer of the plane. We can never do this with our russian and french stuff.

integral GSH 23 mm twin barrelled gun on #TejasSP21

ETUqfsoU0AAyJtP

Also interesting:

But not really! Via Angad Sigh

4 FOCs to be delivered by end of 2019-20 financial year, i.e 31st March 2020.

One is ready, SP-22 will fly mostly next week. SP-23 & 24 is in final stages, mostly delivered in May.

Hence the new sqdn, Flying bullets will be formed with 3 FOC jets. The two month delay was becoz of the tweaks requested by sqdn operating IOC LCA. Mainly software upgrades.

FOC Features

SP-21 boasts of key features like air-to-air refuelling probe, Gsh-23 mm gun, pressure refuelling with three drop tank configuration, improved wing navigation lamp, tandem pylon and auto-low speed recovery to name a few. Here’s a quick glance at the new features :

Air-to-air refuelling probe: This novel feature of mid-air refuelling introduced to FOC variants will enhance the range without additional touch downs or pit-stops to refuel. This is the first desi fighter to have this feature.

Fuel system enhancement: Over and above 2350 kg fuel carrying capability of IOC variant with its external drop tanks of 1200 and 800 litres capacity, Tejas FOC has an additional 725 litres centre line drop tank with pressure refuelling.

Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missiles: The reliable Derby missile has expanded the firing envelope making it more lethal. This feature was tested and cleared for the entire FOC envelope via exhaustive study of missile separation characteristics.(I-Derby with extended range, with duel pulse motor range over 140km +)

GSH 23 mm twin barrelled gun: This Russian gun underwent extensive butt firing at Nasik before getting on board SP-21. The integral gun would give an edge to the pilot in case of a close-combat scenario.

4 FOCs to be delivered by end of 2019-20 financial year, i.e 31st March 2020.

One is ready, SP-22 will fly mostly next week. SP-23 & 24 is in final stages, mostly delivered in May.

Hence the new sqdn, Flying bullets will be formed with 3 FOC jets. The two month delay was becoz of the tweaks requested by sqdn operating IOC LCA. Mainly software upgrades.

But I mus admit, if Angad questions this schedule, then I trust him.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom