What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

As per my knowledge on politics, yes he is. He has a lot of investments in india (Mumbai and ncr) also--- in reality sector with lodha grp
Republicans are always better for India than democrats and with the current leadership in India a Republican would be preferable in the Whitehouse even more so.

I don't trust Clinton as far as India goes and especially with Modi as the PM, remember the "get Modi" policy of hers?

I think there are two display... Did you guys get any info on second one?
The video of the first day is out. Spectacular performance by Tejas. Opening up the flight envelope really unleashed the little bird.

Tejas updates:

1. Tejas Mk-1A might get Astra BVR while and N-LCA will get the Derby. Integration of both Python-5 and Derby are ongoing on Mk-1 but its unclear which one will be tested in the upcoming trial.

2. Cobham radome integration and ground tests over. Flight test will begin soon.

3. IFR probe integration and ground testing ongoing.

4. Mk-1 will not have an operational gun for FOC. IAF isn't giving priority to gun operationalization for now. "Butt firing" tests have been completed and preliminary structural modifications done. Work to be completed post FOC.

5. Undercarriage issue partly responsible for the SP airframes rollout delay. The issue has been temporarily fixed.

6. LSP-7 will undertake the BVR trials at Jamnagar after returning from BIAS.

7. First 20 Mk-1 airframes will be in FOC configuration, while the next 100 will be in Mk-1A configuration

8. Total number of airframes targeted to be produced within this year is 6.

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

Credit to original posters in various forum

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

this pic is awesome

IMG_0641.JPG

CZVc3tuXEAAJ0rl.jpg:large

night night sleep sleep.. cover your eyes !!!

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

Credit to Asit P from BR for pics
He also observed the following in BIAS 2016
Some observations that I made are:
1). It is small and very swift, as a result of which, it was difficult to capture its shots in camera in comparison to the other aircrafts
2). The diameter of 360 degree loop made by Tejas was shorter than that of F 16 & Mirage 2000 (naked eye observation)
3). The part of runway it took to take off was also shorter than the above mentioned birds (again naked eye observation)
4). Unlike the Sarang display team, there was very little awareness about this bird in the general public (Indians included). Unfortunately, the live commentary went off today owing to some technical snag just before Tejas took off to the skies,for the want of which, many people were left wondering as to which aircraft it is. I heard many people say that its a Saudi plane. One champion went on to say that it was JF 17
icon_wink.gif

5). Purely from the perspective of engaging the audience, bulk of which comprises of kids and those who have very little awareness about defense products, Tejas must use colored smoke instead of White.

Unquote

The 3rd point seems to showcase its ability from short run up and advantage of TWR and wing loading (as per another boarder in the same forum)

Good to see solid performance and LCA finally raising the buzz..

Proud moment for all of us..

Back
Top Bottom