What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Well with expectation of 3 birds up March 16, out of which 1 already handed over long back and second in process of handing over, the only realistic expectations is a third bird by March end with a bit touch n go scenario.

I think UC will get serious help from Dassault..

One thing to note is this

What exactly is meant by clear cut directive.. Did IAF not asked Mark 1 tech specs long back.. Now over time when things got delayed the mark1 had to be upgraded to mark1A.

Yes benchmarking is set high for tejas.but it seems they are more trying to blame others..

About radome integration I think we may have got just one or two and ground integrations are going on. So bvr test may be done with lsp7 without the Cobham integration due to trying to reach a goal before March end 2016.
iMHO I think we got just one Cobham radar after pressurising Cobham tooth and nail. The next batch I think should come in FY17 in small batches in line with aircraft FOC compliant ones...

We were waiting for cobham dome for BVR testing
And blamed cobham for delay, seems even if cobham radome delivered early, we wouldn't have tested BVR anyway.

If anyone knows what happened to the two Technology Demonstrators of Tejas ? Are they still flying ?

Thank
Buy the million doller question is if they firing BVR w/o cobham then why wait for so long
chai biskut break chal raha tha
@Abingdonboy seems like they got waiver on gun integration for mk1(i.e. furthr relaxation of foc standrds),,,they were hopeful of more relaxations,,no way to know how many waivers they got as they may not be as obvious as an absent gun for enthusiasts and hence require a public explanation.

Last edited:
16-1452943804-tejas-1.jpg

Tejas begins practice sorties at Sakhir Airbase in Bahrain - Oneindia

Tejas begins practice sorties at Sakhir Airbase in Bahrain

Bengaluru, Dec 16: India's Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas began undertaking practice sorties at Sakhir Airbase in Bahrain on Saturday. Two aircraft from Tejas flight-line - LSP-4 and LSP-7 - had reached the Sakhir Airbase on January 14, scripting a new chapter for India's fighter jet development programme.
16-1452943845-tejas-2.jpg

The Bahrain International Air Show (BIAS-2016) will begin from January 21-23 at the Sakhir Airbase. "We were the first to land here and even the Sarang team from the Indian Air Force too had arrived early. We are ensuring that everything is in place as the show nears. The telemetry links have gone live," says an official, who is part of the Indian team. On Saturday, LSP-4 and LSP-7 had their first practice sorties at Bahrain. "These are flights to check the profiles for the show. Very similar to what we undergo during Aero India in Bengaluru," says the official. An advanced team of ground support crew from Aeronautical Development Agency and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd are already in Bahrain. As reported by OneIndia, Tejas will be parked next to two Pakistani JF-17 Thunders at the show.

Read more at: Tejas begins practice sorties at Sakhir Airbase in Bahrain - Oneindia

Would be a great picture of Indian and Pakistani pilots posing WITH each other. Political animosity aside, I am sure, aviators are a breed that respect each other, no matter you don an enemy's uniform ..or not.

I could see Wingtip vortices in LCA, a picture from Blog Tarmak(Unfortunate that I cannot place it here), an indication of its high angle of attack and the capability to pull high G's. The below picture I doubt may be a good example, though many will think its just an effect of smokewinder. IT IS NOT!! Thats clear High G.

Tejas_-_main.jpg

Back
Top Bottom