What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Could be. Though it will depend on MK-1A. mk-2 will only offer greater combat radius and a bit more load than mk-1A but avionics and other stuffs will be more or less same.
It is been clear that MK-2 won't be designed for the greated combat radius, rather for better and superior performance.

Stop taking the IAF chief's world so seriously. They have lost their credibility LONG back.
So should I should start taking your words seriously.

Tejas agle 5 sal be nai operational ho ga

First post and such a worst start.
FOC is more of the certification process, even F-35 is not FOC certified, but induction could be started. And development keeps on going for a fighter plane e.g F-22 raptor development continues to provide it more capabilities after 30 years of induction and Grippen NG continues after 35 years of Showdown. Its IAF demand, that they want the LCA to have full certification and capabilities fully capable from the first day of the induction. Study and Understand the whole concept before opening your mouth like Buffalo and chant "AAOOOO"

@PARIKRAMA @nForce @Abingdonboy @kaykay @sathya

I am bit confused with the future of MK-2.

So did MK2 development, have been stoped
What i understand is that the IAF like LCA Navy Mark1 bird which has better capability over its own IAF Mark1 version. So the IAF Mark 1A incorporates those specs from Navy Mark1 and the upgrades. (read in various forums, the fumbling of mark1 between IAF/Navy birds in speeches and what PSK had clarified in his blog)

Originally IAF was more keen on MK2 version with higher thrust and a bigger load carrier of ordinance and improved performance. But subsequently to Mark1A 100 orders IAF is just waiting and watching how the mark2 of naval LCA develops out. The reason being the timelines quoted by HAL, the issue of openly criticising lack of orders and most importantly inability to make Mark 2 before 2024 era citing lack of manpower (as reported in various press reports) is viewed as very negative attitude of HAL by IAF. So, i personally believe IAF is now waiting to see order execution and the actual performance of Mark1A aircraft plus the product rolled out mas Mak2 navy to verify the claims of HAL and performance delivery.

IMHO, HAL made a mistake with those two claims of inability to make Mark2 before 2024 citing lack of resources and asking for orders of Mark1 variant and later saying upgraded Mark1A by 2017-18 timeframe. DM MP is clear we should have Tejas in large numbers. Even i agree that so order for Tejas was always in cards. What this negative views by HAL for orders has made sure in future most aircraft programs in this country or perhaps majority will see HAL as a minor partner and see more heavier pvt sector dependency.

PErsonally i dont see HAL producing 16 birds very soon and hence these 100 birds will take 10 years for delivery. That to me is utter wastage and perhaps actually detrimental for IAF. But then Tejas is a necessity and we cant change that fact. Wish MOD/GOI could be a little more stringent with HAL and admonish them for lack of actual performance versus askking for orders like this.

What about the development of MK-2. With the order of 100 MK1A now, which will be the replacement of the MIG-21 which will be phrased out from 2017 onwards, the other contendor for phrasing out is MIG-27UPG. Without the allotment of the MONEY, what will be outcome of the MK-2 and MK-2 will remain as the proposed one. IAF should create board compromises of the technical members from the IAF, who take the lead and the responsibilites to work with DRDO,HAL, IAF, MOD and GOI to create the requirement on the basis of the future requirement taking care of the strategic, military, and technical problems, and should work not only for the development of military gears, but also the technologies, and the educational institution in the country.

What about the development of MK-2. With the order of 100 MK1A now, which will be the replacement of the MIG-21 which will be phrased out from 2017 onwards, the other contendor for phrasing out is MIG-27UPG. Without the allotment of the MONEY, what will be outcome of the MK-2 and MK-2 will remain as the proposed one. IAF should create board compromises of the technical members from the IAF, who take the lead and the responsibilites to work with DRDO,HAL, IAF, MOD and GOI to create the requirement on the basis of the future requirement taking care of the strategic, military, and technical problems, and should work not only for the development of military gears, but also the technologies, and the educational institution in the country.

I don think IAF completely threw out Mark 2 program. What they may have done is instead of parallel development may have asked Navy Mark2 to be priortised first. A good way to look at progress of Mark 2 program would be to see the GE414 EPE or upgraded version contract with India. Presently i am not seeing any numbers there nor any big commitment announcement. Its a solid indicator of how Mark2 (Navy/IAF) is progressing.

About money allocation i think IN is already properly invested and with priortization i guess its more judicious and efficient way of money usage. If IAF version is finally going to borrow the naval version better develop naval version first instead of parallel development, wasting of resources especially manpower and money.

Ex navy people are properly sitting in shipyards management and are overseeing a major push for capability development and delivery for IN orders. HAL i am not sure can have all IAF or major IAF ex or present people on board as being a govt body, at best a nominee director can come in not major changes. A better way is to slowly increase private MIC. May be use a company like Tata or Mahindra Aerospace and give tejas blueprints and stat a production line in pvt sector. Thats perhaps the best way of making HAL feel that times are changing and your delivery of key benchmarks is the way forward.

First post and such a worst start.
FOC is more of the certification process, even F-35 is not FOC certified, but induction could be started. And development keeps on going for a fighter plane e.g F-22 raptor development continues to provide it more capabilities after 30 years of induction and Grippen NG continues after 35 years of Showdown. Its IAF demand, that they want the LCA to have full certification and capabilities fully capable from the first day of the induction. Study and Understand the whole concept before opening your mouth like Buffalo and chant "AAOOOO"
I think its better to neglect these creatures instead of argue as there jealous took control of their senses, they will never understand.

There is a clear requirement for 14-15 sqd of light fighter.MK1 will only fill 6 the will has to be filled in one way or another.Going for new imported plane after inducting 120 LCAs will not makes sense.So, 8-9 sqd of LCA is certain be it Mk1A or Mk2.
Remember, IAF never insisted on MK2 it was Navy's idea IAF jumped in to make more reasons not to induct !, but this MoD gave them no choice. Mk1 already satisfied 90% of IAF's requirements.
Only question now is production capability of HAL. I believe in next few years there will be an entry of private entity in LCA production. it will solve all our problems.

I don think IAF completely threw out Mark 2 program. What they may have done is instead of parallel development may have asked Navy Mark2 to be priortised first. A good way to look at progress of Mark 2 program would be to see the GE414 EPE or upgraded version contract with India. Presently i am not seeing any numbers there nor any big commitment announcement. Its a solid indicator of how Mark2 (Navy/IAF) is progressing.

You fails to understand, what I want to comprehend. First every thing is Hosh wag for Me. 99 F414 engine ordered for MK-2. Here check this link
India to get Ge’s F414-INS6 engines later this year for Tejas MKII

According to this link first batch of F-414 engine is likely to come in September this year.

F-404 engine production have been stopped and for the further order, you have to give the advance order, so that the production of F-404 could be started to fulfill the Indian order.

Is it so simple to first order 99 F414 engine, and then cancel such order, and then order 404 engine.

Parallel development is different things, e.g ADA could work on mk-2 version and then propose IAF for further development, but what is the IAF role in its development, Does IAF have issued any ASR for its MK-2 development, and have she alloted any funds for its development.
MK-2 is not only the engine upgradation, but also change in fuselarge, change in airframe design, and needs full set of testiing and certification. Also the modular design and better maintainace design aspect.

About money allocation i think IN is already properly invested and with priortization i guess its more judicious and efficient way of money usage. If IAF version is finally going to borrow the naval version better develop naval version first instead of parallel development, wasting of resources especially manpower and money.

MK-2 naval and MK-2 IAF are two different project, taken by two different teams, and navy have alloted its 1000 crore rs on its development. How ever how could you claim that IAF is waiting for Naval Tejas MK-2 to prerform, which will be having different design and different requirement all together. Also does Navy have make it clear that the Naval Tejas MK-2 will be used as the carrier fighter plane, or they just using LCA as the tech demonstrator, for its Naval AMCA in future, because they seems to be more interested in Mig 29K, and in future Naval Rafale or F-35C.

Ex navy people are properly sitting in shipyards management and are overseeing a major push for capability development and delivery for IN orders. HAL i am not sure can have all IAF or major IAF ex or present people on board as being a govt body, at best a nominee director can come in not major changes. A better way is to slowly increase private MIC. May be use a company like Tata or Mahindra Aerospace and give tejas blueprints and stat a production line in pvt sector. Thats perhaps the best way of making HAL feel that times are changing and your delivery of key benchmarks is the way forward.

Pvt companies like TATA and Mahindra Aerospace could manufacture Tejas efficiently, but they are the pvt entity and will only work better if they have the definate, and fixed order, after all they are meant to earn profit. Investing in market, which don't give them confidence that they will get the future orders on regular basis, why would they invest money on land, set up the industries, trained labours, and importing and setting up tools and equipment.

11-48a5eda406.jpg
13-f0fd040286.jpg

@knight11

I believe we are going to follow Rafale development model.

Naval mk2 first, airforce derivative from it.
Until then 100 mk1p.

Latest talks about undercarriage , air inlet and few others technology transfers from rafale indicates it will take more time for a major upgradation .

Essentially we will have something like single engine rafale with GE f414.

Enough of Tejas, it was a failure and will go down as failure. There are problems in the design of LCA which cannot be rectified without redesigning the whole aircraft from start.

Enough of Tejas, it was a failure and will go down as failure. There are problems in the design of LCA which cannot be rectified without redesigning the whole aircraft from start.
You are on the wrong thread, start your own project and design the new aircraft from the start and start another thread and feel free to name it whatever you like like IP-18, IP-19, IP-20 or IP-17 and Good Luck.

You are on the wrong thread, start your own project and design the new aircraft from the start and start another thread and feel free to name it whatever you like like IP-18, IP-19, IP-20 or IP-17 and Good Luck.

Troll somewhere else.

LOLZ you should be told this and you should understand well. You have nothing to add in this thread except troll. Why are you posting here.

You are a shameless troll who still refuses to make amends after being rebuked by slav defence. You are just a waste of time and space. Your knowledge on military and defense related matters is non-existent.

I should do now what I should have done to a miserable low life like you much earlier. Keep crying, no body is going to care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom