What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

another thing apart from chinese and hyper patriotic pakistani exagarading the comabt range of there super duper DSI tech laden fighter is sabotage philosophy /false propogandda to scuttle LCA entry into air force by greedy beurocrats , policticicans and there presstitutes they delliberetalli made one after another such media campain and hid the strong points of LCA and now since they are firmly said no and there arms agents bieng hunted they have now started to speak truths
IAF wants aerial refuelling, jammers, quick turnaround in new Tejas
from another thread says fuel cap is 2300 liters not Kilograms which translate into 1.8 ton. so range is low because of low fuel cap. an is not outcome of propaganda.

Last edited:
IAF wants aerial refuelling, jammers, quick turnaround in new Tejas
from another thread says fuel cap is 2300 liters not Kilograms which translate into 1.8 ton. so range is low because of low fuel cap.

i hope this chart will give you something to ponder about and it is at least three if not four years old .... cheers mate :coffee:
ipByPzz.jpg

Seriously look at empty weight figure of all including LCA, is it a joke chart?
but it is on net for more than three years and people like @Manticore have also used it on this very forum anyway the true internal feul wieght is 2460KG and after removing acsess counter wieghts , ballast , wiring harnesses and housings for testing equipment, shedding wieght from over ingeeneared landing gear LCA is salted to loose 500-1000KG from it and also after rearanging its present avionicks more compactlli LCA is going to be a very diffent beast altogether and there will be much more space to spare for fitting a IFR probe , AESA radar and onboard oxygen genrating system and work has already started on it rest you speculate yourself :coffee:

but it is on net for more than three years and people like @Manticore have also used it on this very forum anyway the true internal feul wieght is 2460KG and after removing acsess counter wieghts , ballast , wiring harnesses and housings for testing equipment, shedding wieght from over ingeeneared landing gear LCA is salted to loose 500-1000KG from it and also after rearanging its present avionicks more compactlli LCA is going to be a very diffent beast altogether and there will be much more space to spare for fitting a IFR probe , AESA radar and onboard oxygen genrating system and work has already started on it rest you speculate yourself :coffee:
If you do some research on how many reports says over weight+ low fuel + drag vs those reports that deny these issues and include official IAF statements and coupled with fact that LCA is a meter short in length (than the others) and have to pack all the electronic equipment in tight airframe + India’s short experience on engineering and designing modern fighter aircraft on its own and reluctance of designer to confront critics, It’s not hard conclude that LCA is short on performance. Which is why foreign companies are offering to partner up in it, offering help and joint development. I know you doubt the aircraft but you don’t want to accept it.

If you do some research on how many reports says over weight+ low fuel + drag vs those reports that deny these issues and include official IAF statements and coupled with fact that LCA is a meter short in length (than the others) and have to pack all the electronic equipment in tight airframe + India’s short experience on engineering and designing modern fighter aircraft on its own and reluctance of designer to confront critics, It’s not hard conclude that LCA is short on performance. Which is why foreign companies are offering to partner up in it, offering help and joint development. I know you doubt the aircraft but you don’t want to accept it.
thing is tejas was design in a way that all its diffrent parts do multi tasking and cut wieght thru that (like landing gear used as air brake) but deu to constant goal post changing by the IAF for LCA meant too many extra tellimatorry and testing equipment went into LCA and like its light wieght dint waranted for a very hefty & over engineared a twin tyre type landing gear (single tyre landing gear is good enof)

now with losing all that wieght a rearranging the avionicks more compactlli lots of extra space will be freed which will be utilised to pack in things like retractable IFR probe , on board oxygen gerating system extra power genrating equipment for AESA radar and AESA based EW suite and possiballi a compact internal IRST system + a new air intake system (i hope its DSI)and redisigned wings and all that on LCA MK1A

thing is tejas was design in a way that all its diffrent parts do multi tasking and cut wieght thru that (like landing gear used as air brake) but deu to constant goal post changing by the IAF for LCA meant too many extra tellimatorry and testing equipment went into LCA and like its light wieght dint waranted for a very hefty & over engineared a twin tyre type landing gear (single tyre landing gear is good enof)

now with losing all that wieght a rearranging the avionicks more compactlli lots of extra space will be freed which will be utilised to pack in things like retractable IFR probe , on board oxygen gerating system extra power genrating equipment for AESA radar and AESA based EW suite and possiballi a compact internal IRST system + a new air intake system (i hope its DSI)and redisigned wings and all that on LCA MK1A

Well they are inducting her as it is with nominal changes. No time for rearrangement and subsequent testing, may be in Mk 2. For second part of your reply space saved will be consumed by these installations (as you mentioned) and hence problem will persist.

good and logical answer, one offtopic question for an expert like you

Its clear that LCA if shelfed 6-10 percentage of over wt would attain the desired ASQR of IAF, ADA are confidence in shelving ~1000-900 kg. The option what I can predict are removal of 200 kg ballast, overwt reduction by making the overwt parts lighter. Heard that the landing gear is over wt due to ADA using the safety factor of 3.5 instead of normal which i think is 2.5, so if the factor is 2.5 KG how much wt can be reduced say landing gear wt is 1.5 ton.
And any idea how reduction can be achieved.

(I don't like derailing threads, so I moved your query here, so even others can contribute )

Ballast business: why is there a ballast in the nose? > to simulate a Radar unit
What happens when the 210 Kg Ballast goes away ? > It is replaced by an AESA radar > weighing 250 Kilos, so an addition of 40 KG's and an additional IFR Probe, weight unknown.

Next where to shave weight:

Ample room to save weight in internal fin for Wing and newer low density core for the single piece honeycomb dorsal fin , > potential to shave another 200-300

Replace all steel servo cases and hydraulic cylinders to Aluminum > another 100-300kg Potential saving

Over engineered Main Landing gear unit another 400- 600 Kgs there

So there is the possibility of shaving all of the weight envisaged.

Next about ASHQ requirements - In my opinion there is no great need for taking it to the word. There were no such req's for MKI, Mig 29, Mirage 2000, mig 27... You will be surprised we inducted maritime strike missiles without even testing them, so this entire hoopla behind "to the book", requirements is a bit of sophistication, and whole lot of BS. DM needs to press his foot down and IAF needs to make do with what it is available. If IAF had taken the a/c five years back and worked with HAL it would have been all that we are talking off today....

Any idea when SP2 will be delivered?

By official statement, another 3 examples to be inducted within next 5 months , by march 2016

SP2 is supposed to be ready, very long back
Don't wknow , nose cone change is such a difficult job.

Or else they are making chnages for mk1A
Which is also irrelevant as first 2o would be in ioc configuration .

By official statement, another 3 examples to be inducted within next 5 months , by march 2016

SP2 is supposed to be ready, very long back
Don't wknow , nose cone change is such a difficult job.

Or else they are making chnages for mk1A
Which is also irrelevant as first 2o would be in ioc configuration .
unless people are fired from key position, i don't see any hope for this project.

Back
Top Bottom