What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

So before sp2 is out, we will see BVR , gun firings & refuel probe from previous LSP s ?

Yes Every thing will be done for FOC purpose

SO that we can declare FOC ; there is a lot of criticism about FOC delays

Then we can see serial production start in right earnest

Also the maintenance people are getting trained
and other preparatory work is also happening on a priority basis
before Serial production is Ramped up

Please read this 5 Tejas in Squadron colours to fly during next IAF Day sky party: DRDO - Oneindia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Squadron formation preparations in full swing Around 60 per cent work towards the formation of the Tejas Squadron is completed at Bengaluru. "The O-Level training to IAF technicians has been completed. The air crew training on mission simulator is likely to be completed by November this year. About 70 per cent of GSE/GHE (Ground Support Equipment/Ground Handling Equipment) procurement is also completed," he added.

The technical publications and flight manuals have already been delivered to the IAF. Initially, the IAF has planned to operate the aircraft from Bangalore and then shift to the permanent Tejas Squadron base in Sulur (Tamil Nadu). The IAF too has taken up a series of modernization work at Sulur to welcome the new entrant into its fold.

Read more at: 5 Tejas in Squadron colours to fly during next IAF Day sky party: DRDO - Oneindia

I Hope it achieve FOC in march. Then we can focus on AMCA and tejas mk1A

So before sp2 is out, we will see BVR , gun firings & refuel probe from previous LSP s ?

imgres
GbwPKMD.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Every thing will be done for FOC purpose

SO that we can declare FOC ; there is a lot of criticism about FOC delays

Then we can see serial production start in right earnest

Also the maintenance people are getting trained
and other preparatory work is also happening on a priority basis
before Serial production is Ramped up

Please read this 5 Tejas in Squadron colours to fly during next IAF Day sky party: DRDO - Oneindia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Squadron formation preparations in full swing Around 60 per cent work towards the formation of the Tejas Squadron is completed at Bengaluru. "The O-Level training to IAF technicians has been completed. The air crew training on mission simulator is likely to be completed by November this year. About 70 per cent of GSE/GHE (Ground Support Equipment/Ground Handling Equipment) procurement is also completed," he added.

The technical publications and flight manuals have already been delivered to the IAF. Initially, the IAF has planned to operate the aircraft from Bangalore and then shift to the permanent Tejas Squadron base in Sulur (Tamil Nadu). The IAF too has taken up a series of modernization work at Sulur to welcome the new entrant into its fold.

Read more at: 5 Tejas in Squadron colours to fly during next IAF Day sky party: DRDO - Oneindia

Frankly its not making sense as earlier Subramanium has said they will have 20 birds in IOC config. Also when the order is for IOC config [ initial order] then why is this deviation. Can someone senior enlighten me on whether IAF has changed its order?

My understanding is the birds for tests and the birds which are in prod are different.
Tx.

Frankly its not making sense as earlier Subramanium has said they will have 20 birds in IOC config. Also when the order is for IOC config [ initial order] then why is this deviation. Can someone senior enlighten me on whether IAF has changed its order?

My understanding is the birds for tests and the birds which are in prod are different.
Tx.

Things have changed with Balaji becoming ADA chief

What will the IOC planes do ; Only increase numbers with limited capabilities

FOC planes bring full value for money

One good news is tejas flight testing started , although only with LSP4

all birds got grounded for nearly 2 months

Really? give us a few more examples of multi tasking parts?

thing is tejas was design in a way that all its diffrent parts do multi tasking and cut wieght thru that (like landing gear used as air brake) but deu to constant goal post changing by the IAF for LCA meant too many extra tellimatorry and testing equipment went into LCA and like its light wieght dint waranted for a very hefty & over engineared a twin tyre type landing gear (single tyre landing gear is good enof)

now with losing all that wieght a rearranging the avionicks more compactlli lots of extra space will be freed which will be utilised to pack in things like retractable IFR probe , on board oxygen gerating system extra power genrating equipment for AESA radar and AESA based EW suite and possiballi a compact internal IRST system + a new air intake system (i hope its DSI)and redisigned wings and all that on LCA MK1A

Things have changed with Balaji becoming ADA chief

What will the IOC planes do ; Only increase numbers with limited capabilities

FOC planes bring full value for money

Where are you getting this from? I havent heard anything about that along those lines. I dont know how you can just change a planned acquisition of 20 pre-FOC birds right in the middle of it's production. HAL has some explaining to do. These guys handed 1 bird so far? Is that a joke?

Now we're hearing even the FOC wont be achieved because of the grounding.

Last edited:
If you do some research on how many reports says over weight+ low fuel + drag vs those reports that deny these issues and include official IAF statements and coupled with fact that LCA is a meter short in length (than the others) and have to pack all the electronic equipment in tight airframe + India’s short experience on engineering and designing modern fighter aircraft on its own and reluctance of designer to confront critics, It’s not hard conclude that LCA is short on performance. Which is why foreign companies are offering to partner up in it, offering help and joint development. I know you doubt the aircraft but you don’t want to accept it.

Some People have done such research which you want.

A preliminary performance review of the Indian Light Combat Aircraft

Don't go with what some people is saying. Did you done the research, kindly show your research result.

@MilSpec @sathya

All planes will now be in FOC configuration
Hence the delay in SP 2
what all planes -- Mk1 or Mk1a, Mk1 trainer, Mk1 naval ??

Really? give us a few more examples of multi tasking parts?
example is Lca tejas flying in banglore showing its mettle, and giving a *** burn in pakistani member like you.
Thats twin work aka multitasking. understand now Shoo..

Have the testing resumed or the fleet is still grounded.

Also Are the NP1 2 are grounded too?

Back
Top Bottom