What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

who told you that Internal fuel capacity of LCA is 2458 Kg Already demonstrated in IOC-2 as-well published in DRDO Published Papers
then why 500Km combat radius and why IAF says too shot range and wont accept it in service? Published material on LCA is proven wrong many time it could be the case again? anyhow i cannot provide any link to support my claim.

then why 500Km combat radius and why IAF says too shot range and wont accept it in service? Published material on LCA is proven wrong many time it could be the case again? anyhow i cannot provide any link to support my claim.
there is a universal phenomena in any indian wepon system they tend to downplay the orignal range of such thing then be it missiles or tejas... i still dont know why

In think your missed the Line where i said Demonstrated.
As For Its Induction I think you Have to Catch a Lot on LCA that you missed in these Few Days on PDF

In think your missed the Line where i said Demonstrated.
As For Its Induction I think you Have to Catch a Lot on LCA that you missed in these Few Days on PDF
i didn't miss that it is forced upon IAF. Theory discussed is that IAF love foreign mall and is resisting Hundreds of LCA and instead demanding 40 Rafale for IAF or both (LCA+Rafale). It’s too low of view to criticize IAF even when they are giving rational for their resistance. After all they are the one to face the music when failure of LCA will occur in combat.

Lately no body trust them.

i didn't miss that it is forced upon IAF. Theory discussed is that IAF love foreign mall and is resisting Hundreds of LCA and instead demanding 40 Rafale for IAF or both (LCA+Rafale). It’s too low of view to criticize IAF even when they are giving rational for their resistance. After all they are the one to face the music when failure of LCA will occur in combat.

Lately no body trust them.
And you Know Better as Being An Outsider (Pakistani).Nevertheless IAF cheif Already Made Statement that LCA Meets its Requirements
Tejas would meet our requirements: Indian Air Force chief | Business Standard News

PS:Latest News Buzz For you IAF to order 100 modified Tejas aircraft - The Economic Times

And you Know Better as Being An Outsider (Pakistani).Nevertheless IAF cheif Already Made Statement that LCA Meets its Requirements
i think its political statement. besides there is "Would" in it. there is link on the same page says they want 100 Rafale.

LCA combat radius on internal fuel is 350 Km when weapon loaded and the combat radius without any weapon which is the marketing rating to showcase the weapon is 500 Km which is ok being light MCA.
Similarly for F-16 its 550 Km with 2 LGB, 2 WVRAAM on HI-Low-Hi profile, I cannot comment on JF-17's combat radius which the poster says 1200 KM.

There are various factors that affects the combat radius, like weapon load, flight profile HI/Low/Mix, air density etc but its the fuel fraction which is more important. Also the projected radius of the Rafale is in the ambient admosphere which can be reduced upto 10-20% in Indian condition.

LCA combat radius on internal fuel is 350 Km when weapon loaded and the combat radius without any weapon which is the marketing rating to showcase the weapon is 500 Km which is ok being light MCA.
Similarly for F-16 its 550 Km with 2 LGB, 2 WVRAAM on HI-Low-Hi profile, I cannot comment on JF-17's combat radius which the poster says 1200 KM.

There are various factors that affects the combat radius, like weapon load, flight profile HI/Low/Mix, air density etc but its the fuel fraction which is more important. Also the projected radius of the Rafale is in the ambient admosphere which can be reduced upto 10-20% in Indian condition.
Above F-16 combat radius is with no drop tank or com. Fuel tank and loaded with weapons. F16 has lot of hard points for both. While ferry range is 4200 km with drop tanks. It does not match with LCA any how. Irrelevant.

Last edited:
can somebody here tell me that how come jf 17 has such a long range when its engine & fuel consumption are nearly same & have same amt. of capacity of external load as of the tejas or lca .:o::crazy:

Above F-16 combat radius is with no drop tank or com. Fuel tank and loaded with weapons. F16 has lot of hard points for both. While ferry range is 4200 km with drop tanks. It does not match with LCA any how. Irrelevant.
Now this is the point it does not match because LCA is light MRCA and F-16 is medium wt MMRCA. So LCA would more suit for the point defense, interceptor and CAS not as the deep strike attack mission. Thats point was made you to realized how the Import Looby plays its part to defame the LCA in among the general people.

What ever you and me are getting the news are from the newspaper and the articles written by mumbo jumbo defense journalists. You very well know that India is the biggest importer of the weapons. So if India starts making its own weapon in India by their PSU's and Indian OEM, they will loose Billions of the profit they earn them from importing that to India. So how much do they have to pay do you think to Reutors, Media, Newspapers, experts writter, to write articles against Indian weapon.

The Magic word is FLAWED which is used by all the variants of the original article given them to copy.

In the modern world only USA, RUSSIA, and Europe can make the complete fighter plane industriously, so why blaming India for the import item. It is not practically and economically possible to develop each and every subsystem in the country. When you develop the system various subsystems can be choosed from various OEM depending of the situation and requirement.

Our ADA designer should be praised that they set so much high target which help the LCA to survive from being send to the dustbin after declared absolute.

can somebody here tell me that how come jf 17 has such a long range when its engine & fuel consumption are nearly same & have same amt. of capacity of external load as of the tejas or lca .:o::crazy:
Take all those claim with the Pinch of Salt.

Both have same Combat and ferry Range.

TEJAS mileage kaam deti hai shayad se.

another thing apart from chinese and hyper patriotic pakistani exagarading the comabt range of there super duper DSI tech laden fighter is sabotage philosophy /false propogandda to scuttle LCA entry into air force by greedy beurocrats , policticicans and there presstitutes they delliberetalli made one after another such media campain and hid the strong points of LCA and now since they are firmly said no and there arms agents bieng hunted they have now started to speak truths

another thing apart from chinese and hyper patriotic pakistani exagarading the comabt range of there super duper DSI tech laden fighter is sabotage philosophy /false propogandda to scuttle LCA entry into air force by greedy beurocrats , policticicans and there presstitutes they delliberetalli made one after another such media campain and hid the strong points of LCA and now since they are firmly said no and there arms agents bieng hunted they have now started to speak truths
Comparing same class of fighter jet only LCA is odd one range wise jft and gripen validate each other. I think LCA is short in leanth then other two which is probably why. But then again why staggering weight.

Last edited:
Now this is the point it does not match because LCA is light MRCA and F-16 is medium wt MMRCA. So LCA would more suit for the point defense, interceptor and CAS not as the deep strike attack mission. Thats point was made you to realized how the Import Looby plays its part to defame the LCA in among the general people.

What ever you and me are getting the news are from the newspaper and the articles written by mumbo jumbo defense journalists. You very well know that India is the biggest importer of the weapons. So if India starts making its own weapon in India by their PSU's and Indian OEM, they will loose Billions of the profit they earn them from importing that to India. So how much do they have to pay do you think to Reutors, Media, Newspapers, experts writter, to write articles against Indian weapon.

The Magic word is FLAWED which is used by all the variants of the original article given them to copy.

In the modern world only USA, RUSSIA, and Europe can make the complete fighter plane industriously, so why blaming India for the import item. It is not practically and economically possible to develop each and every subsystem in the country. When you develop the system various subsystems can be choosed from various OEM depending of the situation and requirement.

Our ADA designer should be praised that they set so much high target which help the LCA to survive from being send to the dustbin after declared absolute.

Take all those claim with the Pinch of Salt.

Both have same Combat and ferry Range.
Concept of this age is miltiroll aircrafts. Point defence with mig-21 type jet is thing of past. As for close CAS this plane does not have rough air feild capability which mean it has to take off from well maintained airbase which are not and should not be closeby (for china and pak). LCA rang mean that a competant MLR system can takeout the base it is flying from. For example paf CAS squd is based in peshawar. War is not about making weapons that fails however history is full of such weaponry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom