What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

What a pic! So the flutter issue related to Python V carriage has been resolved satisfactorily.

I would pity the enemy pilot having to face a Python V cued by the DASH HMDS that the Tejas Mk1 pilot is wearing.

And by year end, ASRAAM integration is planned to be completed.

E0C3p27VcA4bwnU
Also the aircraft is flying in asymmetric configuration. It has only 1 pylon mounted drop tank. CLAW at work....:cheers:

JF-17 Block I/II have UV-based MAWS and chaff/flare dispensers, Tejas has no MAWS. JF-17 Block III will have new improved IR-based MAWS. Block III will also have HMD/S and PL-10 HOBS.
It will have pylon mounted dual colour MAWS
images (13).jpeg

JF-17 Block I/II have UV-based MAWS and chaff/flare dispensers, Tejas has no MAWS. JF-17 Block III will have new improved IR-based MAWS. Block III will also have HMD/S and PL-10 HOBS.
only the first 40 Tejas have underperforming MAWS and if you think you can fight off the Pyhon with chaffs...good luck

MAWS will inform the pilot that the Python V is on it's way so he can commence evasive tactics..but given the IIR staring array seeker on the Python V, using flares will make very little difference. Flares don't fool these 5th gen staring array seekers.

As it is, the R-73E is a dangerous HOBS CCM with snap turn capability..but the Python V has full 360 degree engagement capability..the pilot can target an enemy fighter which is nowhere near his fighters' nose simply by looking at it on his DASH HMDS and fire.

No fighter can out-turn a Python V within 15 km. The pilot can only pull 8G max (in a JF-17) or 9G (in a F-16) and the Python V can easily pull 50-60 Gs to still hit the target.
The picture is of Su-30MKI, not Tejas. Even if it is intended to Tehas, the emphasis in on "will have". Which version "will have" it? Timeline?

Remarkable..when will the JF-17 Block 3 enter service?

When will JF-17 Blk 1 and 2 have HMDS?
When will JF-17 Blk 1 and 2 get PL-10?

So it's ok to have "will have" features listed for JF-17 but not for the Tejas..lol

I-derby ER

That's an altogether different missile, even though it is similar in form and fit.

Enhancement could be in the way the seeker on board the Derby provides data back to the Tejas or perhaps having the Derby guided by another Tejas which has designated the target, while the Tejas that fired the Derby is nose cold (radar is turned off) to avoid detection..

MAWS will inform the pilot that the Python V is on it's way so he can commence evasive tactics..but given the IIR staring array seeker on the Python V, using flares will make very little difference. Flares don't fool these 5th gen staring array seekers.

As it is, the R-73E is a dangerous HOBS CCM with snap turn capability..but the Python V has full 360 degree engagement capability..the pilot can target an enemy fighter which is nowhere near his fighters' nose simply by looking at it on his DASH HMDS and fire.

No fighter can out-turn a Python V within 15 km. The pilot can only pull 8G max (in a JF-17) or 9G (in a F-16) and the Python V can easily pull 50-60 Gs to still hit the target.

Remarkable..when will the JF-17 Block 3 enter service?

When will JF-17 Blk 1 and 2 have HMDS?
When will JF-17 Blk 1 and 2 get PL-10?

So it's ok to have "will have" features listed for JF-17 but not for the Tejas..lol

You're assuming the Tejas will get within 15km of JF-17. In WVR turn fight, it's anyone's game.

My original point stands, Block I/II JF-17 have MAWS capability, Tejas does not.

@
What's "limited MAWS"? Either it has it or it doesn't. What spectrum MAWS does 1 have, UV or IR? Where are the MAWS located?

1A has ISraeli ELTA. 1 will incorporate one post facto- go ahead, send in your jets telling them 'LCA has no MAWS'

@

1A has ISraeli ELTA. 1 will incorporate one post facto- go ahead, send in your jets telling them 'LCA has no MAWS'

?? what are you blabbering about? Can you provide a pic showing location of MAWS on the first 40 aircraft?

Back
Top Bottom