What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Thoda churan kam khaaya karo gassy boy..you stink up each thread you appear in.
Surprised you know what stink is considering according to Jairam Ramesh you thrive in it.
Come now. @Windjammer is deputy airchief marshall. Show more respect. Don't call him windbreaker, greengrocer from birmingham etc. He deserves more respect :)
It could be worse, Hobbits are described as About half average human height with obviously even less brain.
Add to that being an unemployed Call centre clown. .... Mention Not.

As expected, as soon as you people manage to put a nut on bolt, it's either a feat of engineering or breaking news....however, let me jog your memory.....pre-27.2.2019....all we would read and hear is that the SU-30 is an over kill of the PAF and it's meant for China....where as the MiG-29s are sufficient to take care of entire PAF.....well, when the test came, maybe the fanboys forgot their habitual banter but we saw there was no MiG-29 in sight and the less said about the SU-30s the better as this thread is about Tejas.
And since you use the term 'Fry' liberally, well you most probably know that we are going through our month of Fasting.....even then we love to fry Samosas. :D
Can someone knowledgeable like @dbc @SQ8 @MirageBlue tell us how IAF would have better prepared on feb 29th when 24 or so PAF flights showed-up suddenly?

A) Obviously, IAF can't keep all it's aircraft flying and waiting for PAF the entire day, correct?
B) other than not having SDR, what are the other aspects at which IAF is found wanting?
C) I think in hit and run encounters (like PAFs on that day), how can the other party (IAF) be prepared all the time? PAF may come with 12 / 24 / 36 etc aircraft. Basically, PAF can choose time & place to hit as the initiative is with them.

Pakistanis seem to have drawn huge conclusions on that one single encounter.

Can someone knowledgeable like @dbc @SQ8 @MirageBlue tell us how IAF would have better prepared on feb 29th when 24 or so PAF flights showed-up suddenly?

A) Obviously, IAF can't keep all it's aircraft flying and waiting for PAF the entire day, correct?
B) other than not having SDR, what are the other aspects at which IAF is found wanting?
C) I think in hit and run encounters (like PAFs on that day), how can the other party (IAF) be prepared all the time? PAF may come with 12 / 24 / 36 etc aircraft. Basically, PAF can choose time & place to hit as the initiative is with them.

Pakistanis seem to have drawn huge conclusions on that one single encounter.
You seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that it was IAF which tried to misadventure in the middle of the night so a response from PAF was natural thus expected.....you have sufficient CAPs in the air as well as your AWACS that can loiter in the air for hours plus your ground radar operators glued to their consoles.
And no the conclusion isn't drawn from a single encounter, just check the history of both respective air forces.....when did IAF managed to deliver apart from during Kargil crisis.....even then only because it carried out strikes within own side of LOC on well demarcated targets and above all without any air opposition.

Surprised you know what stink is considering according to Jairam Ramesh you thrive in it.

It could be worse, Hobbits are described as About half average human height with obviously even less brain.
Add to that being an unemployed Call centre clown. .... Mention Not.

Come, come windy, we want something witty from you. Don't disappoint us now...:disagree:

Tejas Mk2 brochure..can't wait to see this prototype roll out next year.

It'll be a game changer for the IAF, in that it's state of the art in almost all respects except stealth shaping..It will allow the IAF to begin to work on replacing older Jaguar DARIN I, IIs and then move to replacing the MiG-29UPGs and Mirage-2000Is in the 2030s.

This is the perfect Mirage-2000 replacement, almost tailor made for that role. But with technologies more advanced than what's on the upgraded Mirage-2000I.

Ez4oEhbVEAYfTlJ

Superb render of the Tejas Mk2 MWF by Kunal Biswas. He has updated his earlier MWF rendering based on the details of the Tejas Mk2 MWF model displayed at Aero India 2021..

Also has the updated rendering of the AMCA, which is in my opinion, the closest to the real design.

What an absolute beauty the Tejas Mk2 is!

E0BvljoVcAA2K7i

So confirmation from Rahul Bedi/Jane's that the other missile fired was the I-Derby ER!
The Python 5 test-firings were the last in a series of missile trials designed to validate the aircraft’s performance under “extremely challenging scenarios”, noted the PIB, adding that the I-Derby ER (extended range) beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM), which is also made by Rafael, was also test-fired.
AESA seeker with programmable ECCM and datalink with multi shot capability.
Potent addition.
India test-fires Python 5 AAM from Tejas LCA

Whats the jf17:block 3 HMDS & PL-10 for?
To fry chickens

THere are over 100 JF-17 Block 1 and 2s that don't have HMDS nor PL-10. They have a PL-5EII with no HMDS as their primary WVR capability.

It'll take years to upgrade them with the not-yet-selected HMDS and integrate them with PL-10.

Good luck with that.
So confirmation from Rahul Bedi/Jane's that the other missile fired was the I-Derby ER!

AESA seeker with programmable ECCM and datalink with multi shot capability.
Potent addition.
India test-fires Python 5 AAM from Tejas LCA

LOG, I would take that news with some caution..they have assumed that the enhanced capability Derby being referred to in the article was the I-Derby ER.

They COULD be right, but I don't think they have cross-verified with other sources, only used the PIB press release's reference.

if true, it's a big step forward for the Tejas Mk1 and Mk1A. I-Derby ER is a 100 km+ range dual pulse missile with new AESA seeker that will give the Tejas a deadly BVRAAM.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely that it's Derby-ER.

I wouldn't say it's highly unlikely, just that it's not confirmed as yet.

There is every reason to move from Derby to I-Derby-ER. The dual pulse motor, the AESA seeker replacing the older pulse doppler seeker, new software for newer profiles..it's basically a completely re-worked and modernised Derby.

But without having heard of any new I-Derby ER purchase, the other question I would have is whether it's possible to retrofit newer modules and software on older Derby missiles. But that question will likely never get answered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom