What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

can any body please tell me how KAI-FA50 compares with tejas,according to wiki specs both are having comparable price,similar engine,radar and similar other specifications.

I am new to this forum( this may be a dumb query, pls forgive me)

can any body please tell me how KAI-FA50 compares with tejas,according to wiki specs both are having comparable price,similar engine,radar and similar other specifications.

I am new to this forum( this may be a dumb query, pls forgive me)
No tejas Is Edges in both Engine and EW although they have Similar radar but Mk-I's multi-mode radar (MMR) (which has an indigenous antenna and scanner but an Elta EL/M-2032 processing back end) achieve 60 per cent more range than with the latter.

Last edited:
No tejas Is Edges both Engine and EW although they have Similar radar but Mk-I's multi-mode radar (MMR) (which has an indigenous antenna and scanner but an Elta EL/M-2032 processing back end) achieve 60 per cent more range than with the latter.
Tnq

A9703303.JPG

I do understand the uniqueness of MICA'S. But derby is derived from python 4 with an active radar seeker And unlike other bvr active radar missiles it weights only 118 k.g thus fitting at wingtips.

As I said, it has "some" commonalities, but is designed for a complete different purpose. Python V is shorter and lighter than Derby, because it doesn't require more fuel for BVR ranges. Instead it has additional fins, to make it more manuverable in close combats.

Great picture very nice fighter. Is this a pv or sp ie prototype or the seriel production one

This one seems to have much less ugly white patches over the wings to measure stress on the airframe.
Perhaps they have finished the ultra extensive stress calculations.

This is what I am talking about.Notice white patches all over the wings.

10414917_729296567167671_1745541284905400391_n.jpg

11073553_729295790501082_5656366150332692652_n.jpg

One of the advantages of delta wing, in addition to providing higher lift and instantaneous turn rate, it also reduces the stress on the airframe as compared to a conventional wing.

This coupled with high usage of composites means, high availability, cheaper maintenance and longer service life for the plane.
Its ironical that after more than half a century of license building mostly Russian planes, HAL builds a jet that follows western ethos.

Last edited:
This one seems to have much less ugly white patches over the wings to measure stress on the airframe.

One of the advantages of delta wing, in addition to providing higher lift and instantaneous turn rate, it also reduces the stress on the airframe as compared to a conventional wing.

This coupled with high usage of composites means, high availability, cheaper maintenance and longer service life for the plane.
Its ironical that after more than half a century of license building mostly Russian planes, HAL builds a jet that follows western ethos.
Read earlier that LCA is more draggy when compared to other delta wing ac,which was the reason for its limited combat range(300 km I think)
Did they solved the issue or not?any Idea

The white patches are for measuring stress on the wings ?

Read earlier that LCA is more draggy when compared to other delta wing ac,which was the reason for its limited combat range(300 km I think)

Tejas navy Mk2 has worked around range problem by enlarging the fusleage which

1.Ensures full compliance to area rule which decreases drag at all speeds.They also put a hump behind the cockpit in Mk 1 for the same reason.As far as I know they haven't decided how to best use the space in the hump yet.Probably they will put a EW module there.

2.Provides more room for internal fuel.

Air force Mk2 is intended to be used as point interceptor mainly so it does not need as much range as navy
Instead they are focusing on increasing agility for air force Mk 2

The white patches are for measuring stress on the wings ?

Thats what I said.

No, the current range is only 200 km. We are planing to remove the wings completely and turn it into a missile.

It's a tiny-miny aircraft, what do u want from it? 2000Km range?? And what is mid-air refueling for???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom