What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Yes, I did not count TEJAS as even by IAF' own admission they are not fully combat capable, but lets count them too, it does not radically change the equation.

The MKI squadron numbers are from Scramble, the most accurate flight database on the internet

no the 272 fighters is well documentated thru the military aviation world and talked to death
you can't change the truth no matter how hard you try ...
tejas not combat ready
where you get this story from.

it's more ready than your 200 vintage mirage and f7
and probably far safer to fly than your entire air force due to modern flight control.and computers

it's the most advanced flight control bar Rafale and only your block 52 comes to this level

5 or 6 crashes if thunders.this far in 10.years
told you Russian engines with poor man flight control.is a,receipe for service issues down the 'line

No one's opinion on this forum matters one bit outside of here. There are paid professionals who take decisions rather than couch potatoes with a lot of time on their hands and the need to troll.

The facts are there for us to see. Ignore petty trolls. They don't matter in the real world.

-The Tejas Mk2 design is frozen. And it is in detailed design with metal cutting for a prototype to begin soon. IAF is fully behind this program, with monthly requirements meetings and reviews. IAF personnel are deputed to the program from the start, unlike in the case of the LCA program at it's start. This is not an R&D program, the goal is to get a Mirage-2000 class fighter in the air in the 4 years.

-The Tejas Mk1A contract will be signed at Aero India 2021 in a couple of weeks' time. All groundwork laid. As things stand, it is the most affordable yet capable solution for the IAF to get it's Bison's replaced.

-The TEDBF has the full support of the Indian Navy. The only question-mark is whether the Rafale/Super Hornet will be pursued or not for IAC-2. The big question mark is whether IAC-2 will be approved, and if so, will it use EMALS for CATOBAR ops. If so, the TEDBF will need significant changes since it is being designed today as a STOBAR fighter.

The IN has tried to tie it's Rafale/Super Hornet acquisition to that of the IAF, but there are too many issues with doing that..like what if the IAF selects F-21?
it will be a miracle for anyone let alone a somone less experience to get a new design into inductionw ithin 4 years
best case senrio will be 10 yeasr that is 2030, i think this is what IAF is also looking at

but
Yes I agree. LCA MK II is quite different but has a Tejas Pedigree. Lot of stuff that has been tried and tested on Tejas, is likely to go into LCA MK II. Tejas had a lot of technologies tried upon for the first time. They have matured and Tejas also proved to be a test bed for quite a few of them. Hence, learning curve is likely to be a little less steep for LCA MK II.

As far as LCA MK II and AMCA are considered, they are of different class and capability. There may not be enough capability to jump to AMCA right now. LCA is more achievable target with the current capabilities already existing in India. LCA MK II might be one step closer in AMCAs direction..
Mk2 HAL misdirection
Wrong move to build a 4th gen fighter now
It is impossible timeline.

HAL should have focused only on AMCA

no the 272 fighters is well documentated thru the military aviation world and talked to death
you can't change the truth no matter how hard you try ...
tejas not combat ready
where you get this story from.

it's more ready than your 200 vintage mirage and f7
and probably far safer to fly than your entire air force due to modern flight control.and computers

it's the most advanced flight control bar Rafale and only your block 52 comes to this level

5 or 6 crashes if thunders.this far in 10.years
told you Russian engines with poor man flight control.is a,receipe for service issues down the 'line

Again, no need to lie, just provide evidence. HAL has only produced 260 MKIs so far, 9 have been lost to accidents, that gives you 251 MKIs, approx 12 Sqds worth assuming some examples are for test and TACDE.

Only 3 Thunder crashes in 10 years, can you provide evidence of 6 crashes?

More you lie more I will get a chance to expose you. Stick to the debate. Yes Rafael is advanced,

Truth is in 2 years from now IAF will be smallest it has ever been vis a vis PAF, No amount of lies can hide that

Again, no need to lie, just provide evidence. HAL has only produced 260 MKIs so far, 9 have been lost to accidents, that gives you 251 MKIs, approx 12 Sqds worth assuming some examples are for test and TACDE.

Only 3 Thunder crashes in 10 years, can you provide evidence of 6 crashes?

More you lie more I will get a chance to expose you. Stick to the debate. Yes Rafael is advanced,

Truth is in 2 years from now IAF will be smallest it has ever been vis a vis PAF, No amount of lies can hide that

If you follow and trends closely all.airforces,are shrinking globally
why
because force multipliers,
and multi role fighters mean fewer combat.planes needed.

it's quality that counts
s400
Barak
phalcon awacs
green pine radars
instat military satilites
afnet
Rafale
tejas
mki

this is serious military hardware costing serious dollars,

not budget driven or third tier stuff from.china.

afnet

If you follow and trends closely all.airforces,are shrinking globally
why
because force multipliers,
and multi role fighters mean fewer combat.planes needed.

it's quality that counts
s400
Barak
phalcon awacs
green pine radars
instat military satilites
afnet
Rafale
tejas
mki

this is serious military hardware costing serious dollars,

not budget driven or third tier stuff from.china.

afnet

Please, do not backtrack now, I am aware all air forces get smaller as planes get more advanced, but 25 sqds v 18 PAF sqds and 60 PLAF Sqds?

Also do not try and change subject, I exposed your lies on MKI numbers and number of Thunder crashes.

You stated there were 6 Thunder crashes when there were only 3, where is your source to back up your lies?

You stated IAF has 272 MKIs when it only has 251, again provide source.

Once you get caught lying as you are so embaressed by Indian failures I will not let you go now......

HAL should have focused only on AMCA
This will not work. Countries like India, Pakistan and China cannot sustain a stealth only multirole fleet. You could argue we should skip Mk1A but it should be counted as R&D cost. Mk2 is the true culmination of all these efforts and they'll serve IAF for decades alongside the AMCA.

Also note that Mk2 and AMCA are not HAL projects, which is just the production agency.

MK1A: HAL reality.
ORCA: HAL dream.

Mk1, Mk2, TEDBF, AMCA: ADA projects.

Last edited:
From HAL CMD

7 Tejas Mk1 FOC fighters to handed over to the IAF by March 2021 end. Remaining 9 single seater Tejas Mk1 FOCs will be handed over in 2021-2022.

All 8 Mk1 Trainers to delivered in 2022-23 (they are all to be at FOC level and design is ongoing).

Link

My guess is that the remaining 10 Mk1 trainers will also be handed over after those 8, to be then followed by the first Tejas Mk1A fighters.

From HAL CMD

7 Tejas Mk1 FOC fighters to handed over to the IAF by March 2021 end. Remaining 9 single seater Tejas Mk1 FOCs will be handed over in 2021-2022.

All 8 Mk1 Trainers to delivered in 2022-23 (they are all to be at FOC level and design is ongoing).

Link

My guess is that the remaining 10 Mk1 trainers will also be handed over after those 8, to be then followed by the first Tejas Mk1A fighters.

So 7 new planes being handed over to IAF next month when HAL only produced 6 in total in all of 2020?

How does that work?

Please, do not backtrack now, I am aware all air forces get smaller as planes get more advanced, but 25 sqds v 18 PAF sqds and 60 PLAF Sqds?

Also do not try and change subject, I exposed your lies on MKI numbers and number of Thunder crashes.

You stated there were 6 Thunder crashes when there were only 3, where is your source to back up your lies?

You stated IAF has 272 MKIs when it only has 251, again provide source.

Once you get caught lying as you are so embaressed by Indian failures I will not let you go now......

lies,is very strong world
you are getting a bit hot under the collar
I see the ground reality of military power industrial mightb
So 7 new planes being handed over to IAF next month when HAL only produced 6 in total in all of 2020?

How does that work?

it's called scaling up production
assembly lines
multiple platforms being worked on at same time
nobody said 7 in one day
it may 7 handed over in 3 week period
but we have a plant with 2 operational lines now

lies,is very strong world
you are getting a bit hot under the collar
I see the ground reality of military power industrial mightb

it's called scaling up production
assembly lines
multiple platforms being worked on at same time
nobody said 7 in one day
it may 7 handed over in 3 week period
but we have a plant with 2 operational lines now

Deloberatly spreading false information is called lying.

You still have not answered my question or given sources for the MKI numbers and where you got 6 Thunder crashes from when the number is 3. Do you want to just admit you lie and save face now or risk more humiliation?

you don't have single operational block 3 in pak service.... not one
After dragging them on trailers, It took you some 30 years to field handful number of Tejas. While there are over 100 JF-17 operational.
until then it's same status as tejas mark 1a
Lol at same.....you talking about Tejas which you don't have the confidence to fly even for republic day flypast. :lol:
you have block 1 and 2 in 7 sqds at best .
and these are at best comparable to tejas,mark one and we have 20 plus in service.in 2 sqds.

in some aspects tejas,maybe superior
There are no Block-1 as all have been upgraded to Block-2 standrds.
JF-17s have been tried and tested in combat, even before raiding targets in IOK, it had earlier shot down a spy drone in the middle of night.....what does your Tejas has to show for it'self or for that matter even your so called Raptor of the east doesn't have anything under it's belt...BTW, weather balloons don't count.
As for Tejas being better.....once upon a time SU-30 was also considered the same. :cheesy:

After dragging them on trailers, It took you some 30 years to field handful number of Tejas. While there are over 100 JF-17 operational.

Lol at same.....you talking about Tejas which you don't have the confidence to fly even for republic day flypast. :lol:

There are no Block-1 as all have been upgraded to Block-2 standrds.
JF-17s have been tried and tested in combat, even before raiding targets in IOK, it had earlier shot down a spy drone in the middle of night.....what does your Tejas has to show for it'self or for that matter even your so called Raptor of the east doesn't have anything under it's belt...BTW, weather balloons don't count.
As for Tejas being better.....once upon a time SU-30 was also considered the same. :cheesy:

shooting down a subsonic spy drone could be shot down by a,machine gun .
it does,not qualify thunder as combat ready .
shoot down a su30mki or mirage2000 and I agree. unfortunately even your f16 never got near them during the balakot incident let alone thunders
Deloberatly spreading false information is called lying.

You still have not answered my question or given sources for the MKI numbers and where you got 6 Thunder crashes from when the number is 3. Do you want to just admit you lie and save face now or risk more humiliation?

broken record re your 251 comment
show where you got that from first
then we talk

In other news- the Astra Mk1 integration with Tejas Mk1 is nearing completion. So the longest range BVRAAM in IAF inventory is soon to be on squadron Tejas Mk1s.

Twitter link

Since when is a single Tweet a credible confirmation? And even more "nearing completion" does in no way mean "is soon on Tejas squadrons"!

Last edited:
shooting down a subsonic spy drone could be shot down by a,machine gun .
it does,not qualify thunder as combat ready .
shoot down a su30mki or mirage2000 and I agree. unfortunately even your f16 never got near them during the balakot incident let alone thunders

broken record re your 251 comment
show where you got that from first
then we talk
So according to you our f-16s never came close to your MKIs so how come your "RapT0Rs oF tHe eAST" were dodging AAMRAMs?. Quit lying man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom