What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

I said 70 percent plus is imported and your link says 75% of parts are imported. Anyway the topic is not to haggle on exact percentage content but impacts of delays in ordering LCA;s. All this will have to be paid in foreign exchange and delays will impact.
I think u are weak in English comprehension. I will advise to re read it. The article says indigenous content is 60% by value and 75% by numbers. And Major parr of import is the Engine.

5fNOBsq.jpg

HAL marketing Mk1A:

EQX7-LbVUAEkCXq.jpeg

First delivery is still 2023.

Is HAL removing the HUD in favour of a more advanced HMDS in Mk1A? Mk2 will keep the HUD, but it's an ADA design. I don't see it in the graphic of the jet.

A flawed design can only go so far. Even a brick will fly if you attach it to a fireworks.

I finished college, university., got job. Got married, got two kids. Got a house and this piece of junk is still begging for FOC. Tsk tsk tsk.
The FOC configuration is as different from what it was supposed to be 10 years ago, as your in-laws' current feelings about you from when you got married.

And yes, the FOC is done. The image you quoted is that of the Naval LCA.

Last edited:
The FOC configuration is as different from what it was supposed to be 10 years ago, as your in-laws' current feelings about you from when you got married.

And yes, the FOC is done. The image you quoted is that of the Naval LCA.

No matter what twist you indians give, LCA is a failed project. It was from the very beginning because as i said earlier: a flawed design can only go so far.

You can fix 10 things and call it mk1. 20 things and call it mk2 and whatever. Dorsnt change the fact that indian aeronautical base is unable to cope with anything more than just assembling planes.

Talk to me when threre are at least two lca squadrons stationed at front line and not a handful at Sulur which is like 100 + miles away from pak border.

No matter what twist you indians give, LCA is a failed project. It was from the very beginning because as i said earlier: a flawed design can only go so far.

You can fix 10 things and call it mk1. 20 things and call it mk2 and whatever. Dorsnt change the fact that indian aeronautical base is unable to cope with anything more than just assembling planes.

Talk to me when threre are at least two lca squadrons stationed at front line and not a handful at Sulur which is like 100 + miles away from pak border.
You should be happy that we are failing right? Dont u worry about us

You should be happy that we are failing right? Dont u worry about us

No one is worried. Lol.

Just irritated when indians cannot stop boasting about something that even after 30+ years is no where ready.

Stop talking about it and no one will talk about it. One example being Marut. Lol

HAL marketing Mk1A:

View attachment 604447

First delivery is still 2023.

Is HAL removing the HUD in favour of a more advanced HMDS in Mk1A? Mk2 will keep the HUD, but it's an ADA design. I don't see it in the graphic of the jet.
U didnt answer me regarding mk1a?
Let me tag @Water Car Engineer too.
Why dpsu adamant on contract signing for integration of aesa(integration apparently being a nonissue)
Thr reluctance on coming up with a flying mk1a citing excuses of contract signing,resource n time constraints seem just hogwash coz all this while they got ample amount of resources/time for trophy projects like sport/navy(without any actuall "contract signing" or any hope of perspective orders ever)
I chcked HVT tweets,,,ahh well he too seems to have become addicted to chai biskut,,,supposedly hard work is being done on mk1a currently.
Announced in 2015,,thts 5 yrs,,,same airframe only actual upgrade being aesa radar.
Easy integration takes so much time?
Inse ho payega??

No one is worried. Lol.

Just irritated when indians cannot stop boasting about something that even after 30+ years is no where ready.

Stop talking about it and no one will talk about it. One example being Marut. Lol

Sir, design, testing and development required lot of still and infrastructure.

It would be acceptable if your country was designed and developed any aircraft including trainer.

So before critising, pls have a look and check... How many countries are able to design and develop fighter aircraft..

U didnt answer me regarding mk1a?
Let me tag @Water Car Engineer too.
Why dpsu adamant on contract signing for integration of aesa(integration apparently being a nonissue)
Thr reluctance on coming up with a flying mk1a citing excuses of contract signing,resource n time constraints seem just hogwash coz all this while they got ample amount of resources/time for trophy projects like sport/navy(without any actuall "contract signing" or any hope of perspective orders ever)
I chcked HVT tweets,,,ahh well he too seems to have become addicted to chai biskut,,,supposedly hard work is being done on mk1a currently.
Announced in 2015,,thts 5 yrs,,,same airframe only actual upgrade being aesa radar.
Easy integration takes so much time?
Inse ho payega??
Surely an AESAR isn't just plug and play, and it won't be the exact same radar as in Jaguar. I just meant that HAL/ADA has the experience in radar integration. Mk1 to Mk1A isn't just the radar either, but it's the one with the most capability enhancement.

My thinking is that a modified LSP isn't too important for Mk1A development at the moment.
  • The LRU changes meant for weight reduction and ease of maintenance will be difficult to do on an existing airframe.
  • Some of the capability enhancements are already ported to Mk1 in service and is a continuing process. This makes the LSP partially redundant.
  • This leaves AESAR as the major thing that should be tested, but is it necessary to show it on a LSP before the order? It comes from an established player, and a smaller version is present on the Jaguar.
This means that the focus should be on the design and fabrication of Mk1A internals, i.e. the production version, instead of modifying the LSP. And this seems to be the work that's currently undergoing in HAL.

But soon we will certainly see the LSP flying with whatever that can be put on it. Perhaps right now it doesn't make enough sense to shift the focus to that.

As for NLCA, most work is done by ADA. HAL just makes some components for them. SPORT is a great idea from HAL and should be pursued, but not enough work is done on it for it to be called time-wasting.

Back
Top Bottom