What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Reportedly,
  • Mk1A price fixed at ~$44 million.
  • If the order is placed at the start of 2020, Mk1A deliveries will start in 2023. 16/year, complete 83 by 2028.
  • UTTAM AESA has done 11 test flights on Tejas so far. May feature on Mk1A later.
  • Already developed Mk2 DFCC is bigger and not a fit on Mk1A, but the upgraded Mk2 cards have been installed in Mk1A DFCC chassis.
  • Reason for canards on Mk2: Increased fuel capacity (3300 kg from 2400 kg) made the aircraft excessively stable. Canards bring back the unstability.
  • Mk2 first flight by 2023.
A reference will be sweet...

"I would like to thank Indian authorities for giving me the opportunity to fly Tejas. I am proud to have flown it. I have had the experience of flying Mig-29, Sukhoi-30 and Sukhoi-35 fighter jets but flying Tejas was a great experience. It was very controlled and smooth. All the systems in the cockpit are great, I could very easily understand them and the ejection seat is very comfortable. In Russia, we say a beautiful plane can’t fly well. But your jet proved otherwise. It is very beautiful and very manoeuverable. I enjoyed flying it and frankly, I would like to fly more, may be in a dogfight with Sukhoi-30.”

- Russian Pilot, Ex. Indran '19.

67648109_370339583896232_4826486098400544839_n.jpg

Is this what matter most ....???

True, We have seen some cases where pilot took gravity ride with plane because he could not eject. it is a different matter that Tejas has not seen such a day since 2001, but ya, it is very important.

True, We have seen some cases where pilot took gravity ride with plane because he could not eject. it is a different matter that Tejas has not seen such a day since 2001, but ya, it is very important.
And there are pilots who have the nasty habit of ejecting at first sign of emergency and as for Tejas snow-white record, taking an odd flights in a month must be a lucky streak....let's see how it does when it's flying in numbers....and doing combat sorties.

And there are pilots who have the nasty habit of ejecting at first sign of emergency and as for Tejas snow-white record, taking an odd flights in a month must be a lucky streak....let's see how it does when it's flying in numbers....and doing combat sorties.

Ya, and those once in a month figure has crossed 4000 flights till date.

I enjoyed flying it and frankly, I would like to fly more, may be in a dogfight with Sukhoi-30.”

This one is a great complement. Certainly, when Tejas Mk1A will be pitted against best in class planes, the outcome of the exercise will be very interesting. MK1A will have better aerodynamics and low weight. It will have higher T/W ratio and greater maneuverability. Better plane will be made much better in its Mk1 A Avatar. With top class AESA like Uttam, and very good EW with network centric capability and multi channel communication, it will have all goodies of a top class 4.5 generation plane.

Comfort from an equipment and Effective Operation of that Equipment is two different things ... but the member had to comment out of habit ...

How and when did the Uttam all of a "sudden" become "top class" ?? What has it achieved that gives it a "top class" billing?
Vote of confidence from 1 billion indians
Because of this vote of confidence everything is best if class. Be it the problem ridden, maintenance nightmare and cost eater tejas or the arjun tank

Back
Top Bottom