What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

That's the IAF's call and it's worth nothing they don't have the names on the rest of the fleet.

I guess we all imagined the LCA firing the Derby off the coast of Gujarat.

What nonsense it this? Comparing the LCA to subsonic AJTs and LIFTs?

Pressitutes being presstitutes.

Times of India really puts any sorts of comparisons to suit its readers.
Phrases like " Eyes on China..." are quite common everytime India launches a satellite or commissions a weapon system.
but as you mentioned Presstitutes...can't do much about them:mad:

tumblr_o9p3sdFYTs1tjfjuco4_400.png

tumblr_o9p3sdFYTs1tjfjuco3_1280.png

tumblr_o9p3sdFYTs1tjfjuco2_500.png

tumblr_o9p3sdFYTs1tjfjuco1_500.png

@Joe Shearer @Abingdonboy
My point is, no other aircrafts in the history of military aviation had their designated names/numbers on the fuselage. You don't see Mirage, F16, F5,F4, F18 Mig-29 , Su-xx , J-xx, EA6 etc etc on planes.

IAF likely to get fully-loaded Tejas version it wants by 2020

Tejas is not completely combat-ready.

The final version will incorporate beyond visual range (BVR) missiles,
improved stand-off weapons, and

mid-air refuelling capability. IAF also wants an active electronically scanned array radar.

The Air Force will begin to get the Tejas it really wants only by 2020.

The final operational clearance (FOC) is expected in March 2017 and by 2018 end.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ion-it-wants-by-2020/articleshow/53016453.cms

That's all folks.

Tejas not combat ready.
Re fuelling probe isn't there yet.
Bvr capability missing.
Squadron raised without FOC.

IAF has to wait till 2020 for a combat ready tejas. I feel sorry for IAF.

@Joe Shearer @Abingdonboy
My point is, no other aircrafts in the history of military aviation had their designated names/numbers on the fuselage. You don't see Mirage, F16, F5,F4, F18 Mig-29 , Su-xx , J-xx, EA6 etc etc on planes.
We r here to change that history and future belongs to india inshaallah

its not good to post such bhlaphemous links here :nono:
funny thing is guys at FE and DRDO are so dumb that they cannot differentiate between aircraft gens that is some dumb shit right there.
jf 17 is 3rd and tejas is 4+,like wtf?ffs India media never fails to amuse me.

What nonsense it this? Comparing the LCA to subsonic AJTs and LIFTs?

Pressitutes being presstitutes.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/hal-tejas-updates-news-discussions-thread-2.351401/page-113#ixzz4DJeqVeWa
Makes sense. Since the Tejas can do what a LIFT or AJT like T-50 can do and near the same cost. Not to mention Tejas can do more and being a LCA it lower cost and lowering cost.
The list is missing Gripen as a twin seater Gripen can provide the same capability give or take handling which I hear the Tejas is easier to fly for a newer pilot. The Gripen does provide quicker response though.
Also the Tejas crash record so far has been perfect.
Basically Tejas is too big to fail. Luckily worked out because some one had the foresight to demand the best technology even though not available at the time. Too bad the IJT Program had not been scrutinized earlier.
IAF should be greatful that they get an aircraft like Tejas with the ability to provide excellent low speed handling and a reliable engine. Both the JF-17 and J-10 don't have a reliable engines which means both are bad trainer aircraft. Luckily the the PLA has the foresight to know China won't have good engine for a long time.

Since the potential demand for Tejas could be very high MoD is desperate for US transfer of technology for F414.

Makes sense. Since the Tejas can do what a LIFT or AJT like T-50 can do and near the same cost. Not to mention Tejas can do more and being a LCA it lower cost and lowering cost.
The list is missing Gripen as a twin seater Gripen can provide the same capability give or take handling which I hear the Tejas is easier to fly for a newer pilot. The Gripen does provide quicker response though.
Also the Tejas crash record so far has been perfect.
Basically Tejas is too big to fail. Luckily worked out because some one had the foresight to demand the best technology even though not available at the time. Too bad the IJT Program had not been scrutinized earlier.
IAF should be greatful that they get an aircraft like Tejas with the ability to provide excellent low speed handling and a reliable engine. Both the JF-17 and J-10 don't have a reliable engines which means both are bad trainer aircraft. Luckily the the PLA has the foresight to know China won't have good engine for a long time.

Since the potential demand for Tejas could be very high MoD is desperate for US transfer of technology for F414.
There are about 400 "bad trainer aircrafts".

Back
Top Bottom