What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

:tup:
For an aircraft developed from scratch, 25 years is indeed a respectable time frame. my guess is if Kaveri program was not linked to original fighter program, who knows we could've had the bird in air, probably 4-5 years earlier.
Today there are talks of AMCA getting powered by an imported engine and that tells that lessons have been learnt from LCA program and now to deliver a product on time to customer, design agencies are now focusing on their core strengths and not letting things not directly under their control, affect the program.
Assistance from Israel in radar and avionics, help from US/France in Engine and applying learning from LCA will surely help us getting a desired next generation fighter in reasonable time. That i believe will be true legacy of LCA program.

PS: since i keep writing a lot about railways, i cannot hold myself to quote an example from mid 70s for IR, in context to above.
IR prior to start of 1970s, used to manufacture electric locomotives at CLW, based on French and Japanese designs of 4 axle configuration (WAG 1, 2, 3, 4 and WAM 1, 2, 3). these designs were suited to high speed but low load capacity prevailing in Europe and Japan on lines supporting High axle load. Since India didnot have choice that time, these designs had to be used, even though Indian tracks didnot support high axle loads. We had to reduce weight of motors, Transformers and other auxiliaries to bring the weight of a locomotive inside permissible track loading values, but s a result, we were contend to reduce horsepower of these locomotives.
hen in early 70s, designers at RDSO decided to marry bogie design of legendary ALCO 251 WDM 2 (a diesel loco) with electric loco features of European designs and came up with a 6 axle WAM 4 design and subsequently WAG 5.
From that point, here has been no looking back and today we have an amazing array of locomotives to cater all types of requirements.
The story just shows that learning curves can be steep at times, almost like scaling a high plateau, but once you reach on top of that, the view is sweet. I sincerely hope, it is the case with Indian military aviation designers too.

Wow didnt know that about Railways locos. Thanks for this insight! Truly appreciated!

13567167_1095496790544768_5127965849979554052_n.jpg

From the archives of AERO INDIA 2013, here we present an image of Tejas recovering from a vertical loop..
13614954_1095724557188658_6469324332961686343_n.jpg

From the archives of Aero India 2009, LSP-2 (KH-2012) about to taxi out for an aerobatic display. The turning of the nose wheel tyres indicate that.
13580467_1095835370510910_1446034885607623996_o.jpg

ejas, on the way of being inducted as FLYING DAGGERS, has undergone variety of tests in variety of weathers starting from the freezing environment of Leh to the hottest tarmacs of Gwalior Air Force Base.Here we present all the fans with an image of Tejas LSP-7 (KH-2017) undergoing hot weather trials at AFS, Gwalior in June 2014.
13631499_1096134807147633_6918703871754273853_n.jpg

13557698_1096611677099946_5630409457326130767_n.jpg

LSP-8 (KH-2018) undergoing a hard turn at AI 2015..

^^^^^
look itself is getting matured, especially the last 2..8-)

apart from making vague points there is no tangible stuff in these hit and run criticism. Fact is there are significant limitations to JF 17 even in design phase itself, like HMD, FBW etc. and you have dozens of jets flying with these limitations which will not be fixed for decades at least. Guess what, when something is too good to be true, it generally is. When people said you can't develop an induct an aircraft in 3 years and it's usually lemon, that's what JF 17 is.

Your AF may be ready to deploy several squadrons of JF 17s with these limitations, the IAF is not. And when the LCA was somewhere close to acceptable it already has none of the limitations that JF 17 has, It's a question of standards.
The best you have is cheap derailment. And then you are a retard to try that on me. First, none of what you have said is beyond the hit and run you so hypocritically claim(but that is natural for you).
Second, you tried the "off topic derailment" just so that you could hide your inability to defend those critiques effectively.

So here is what I am going to do,

First, you get a warning for your violation and then Ill see based on your warning whether I ban your useless troll and flaming arse permanently.

Second, and at the least.. I will permanently ban you from ANY thread you have posted in the past 2 months. So all you can do is simmer in front of your keyboard.

These two will remain here as testament and warning to all.

The best you have is cheap derailment. And then you are a retard to try that on me. First, none of what you have said is beyond the hit and run you so hypocritically claim(but that is natural for you).
Second, you tried the "off topic derailment" just so that you could hide your inability to defend those critiques effectively.

So here is what I am going to do,

First, you get a warning for your violation and then Ill see based on your warning whether I ban your useless troll and flaming arse permanently.

Second, and at the least.. I will permanently ban you from ANY thread you have posted in the past 2 months. So all you can do is simmer in front of your keyboard.

These two will remain here as testament and warning to all.

lol !! So you're gonna ban him for saying something that did not sound good to your ears? May be you need to stop your people from trolling on every other thread on India defense to be credible enough to ban this guy, but hey you're the Mod and this is a Pakistani Defense Forum.

After a wait of over three decades, the IAF has finally got its hands on the first squadron of home-grown Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas next' with the induction of two aircrafts into the force in Bengaluru.

You got to be kidding me! After 30 years, and all those 'consultancy' help from foreign companies, you induct 2 planes to make a squadron? :disagree:

I thought you have all those smartest in the world IIT grad super engineers? This is really incompetent.

The Moderator is no better. He is implying he has rights to say that LCA is likely a failed program.

View attachment 316298
I absolutely have rights. You are on a Pakistani forum that allows you free speech. There is nothing like that even remotely close in an Indian platform. Then, I have clearly laid out why the program has failed and the reasons behind it. You are unable to deal with, then stop posting on our forum and leave.

Guys

Don't want to get banned so please FORGIVE ME Oscar

But IT IS FAIR assessment to suggest that the base line Tejas is a superior platform to thunder

Does it warrant a warning

OR IF this assumption ijncorrect then tell us

Reading between Thunder and Tejas the intial investment is greater than thunder by 3 -1 minimum ie $500m dollars v $1.5 billion

The indian plane has the edge in most areas on paper and is western technology based

YES THUNDER is in service 60+ and hence way ahead in doctrine etc. But I think IAF wil end inducting more tejas in its air force than PAF will thunder.

ASK WHY .....??????????

Any way

I love the look of the mark 2 Tejas

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...a0733103582a4c60226db41be5cf4326o0&ajaxhist=0

Guys

But IT IS FAIR assessment to suggest that the base line Tejas is a superior platform to thunder

Reading between Thunder and Tejas the intial investment is greater than thunder by 3 -1 minimum ie $500m dollars v $1.5 billion

The indian plane has the edge in most areas on paper and is western technology based

YES THUNDER is in service 60+ and hence way ahead in doctrine etc. But I think IAF wil end inducting more tejas in its air force than PAF will thunder.

ASK WHY .....??????????

Any way

Wow, you use to compare LCA to J-10. o_O. Anyway, THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS there are 100 operational JF-17 BLOCK II versus 2 friggin LCA MARK 1, which I am not even sure is fully weaponized. By the time you have a squadron, there will be a BLOCK III with AESA and WS-13E.

Han

Aesa is fine ,,,

But the airframe is all metal and flight controls are single axis fbw

Theres NO HMS or HIOBS.

And the chinease cannot match USA engine efficiency

Wow, you use to compare LCA to J-10. o_O. Anyway, THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS there are 100 operational JF-17 BLOCK II versus 2 friggin LCA MARK 1, which I am not even sure is fully weaponized. By the time you have a squadron, there will be a BLOCK III with AESA and WS-13E.
Have been asking many times on this Forum !!! Pls SHOW Us any literature or official documents of the Specs for Block 3 either from PAC or CAC BUT No answer, just a Wish list . So Pls dont bring up Blk III until it exist officially on Paper at least!

Guys

ASK WHY .....??????????

Any way

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...a0733103582a4c60226db41be5cf4326o0&ajaxhist=0

BOTH Indians and Pakistanis have EVERY right to be proud of their planes

There is NO need to belittle each other's efforts or indulge in name calling or
give certificates about " success " or " failure "

If Indians believe LCA Tejas is better AND if Pakistanis believe JF 17 is better
SO BE IT

I absolutely have rights. You are on a Pakistani forum that allows you free speech. There is nothing like that even remotely close in an Indian platform. Then, I have clearly laid out why the program has failed and the reasons behind it. You are unable to deal with, then stop posting on our forum and leave.

Sorry but we DO not agree with you

Indian have only two tejas and IAF can able to include in 45th squadron after 12 years later because HAL Assembly limitation is 8 AC per year than required production number is 16 per year.

Back
Top Bottom