What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

What the name of it ?
Hongdu L15

Remind me this.
IU4i0.jpg
The l15 reminded me of this: The yak 130
223547.jpg

It would be a good move even now, If Tata Group took over the a separate production line for LCA Mk2.

Yeah. Well, what is assured is that the modules of Tejas will come from maybe TATA among others. I dont know who HAL is talking to, but they're talking to some players for fuselage, wings, etc. They've stated up to 80% will be outsourced.

Yeah. Well, what is assured is that the modules of Tejas will come from maybe TATA among others. I dont know who HAL is talking to, but they're talking to some players for fuselage, wings, etc. They've stated up to 80% will be outsourced.

That seriously worries me. Supplier quality management has been notorious, just a simple thing like a bom change is a nightmare in HAL like environment.

That seriously worries me. Supplier quality management has been notorious, just a simple thing like a bom change is a nightmare in HAL like environment.

Personally, not for me, and I welcome it. If Boeing, RUAG, Bell, Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky, Pilatus, Airbus, Cobham, etc, etc. can integrate Mahindra aerospace, TATA aerospace, Dynamic Tech, etc into their supply chain, there's no excuse HAL can give.

HAL is already late on leveraging them for major assemblies. As Global OEM are using them for Chinook modules, Dornier fuselage, S-92 cabins, will produce PC-12 fuselage, etc. will produce Apache Block 3's fuselage, will integrate C295s, etc.

Regardless, ADA is going for this approach anyway for their future programs. DRDO might even side line HAL completely, they did it recently to OFB with Kestrel(TATA Motors) and ATAGS(Bharat Forge/TATA Power SED). If they do, it'll only make a more competitive HAL.

Fa6UkSe.png

Last edited:
Personally, not for me, and I welcome it. If Boeing, RUAG, Bell, Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky, Pilatus, Airbus, Cobham, etc, etc. can integrate Mahindra aerospace, TATA aerospace, Dynamic Tech, etc into their supply chain, there's no excuse HAL can give.

HAL is already late on leveraging them for major assemblies. As Global OEM are using them for Chinook modules, Dornier fuselage, S-92 cabins, will produce PC-12 fuselage, etc. will produce Apache Block 3's fuselage, will integrate C295s, etc.

Regardless, ADA is going for this approach anyway for their future programs. DRDO might even side line HAL completely, they did it recently to OFB with Kestrel(TATA) and ATAGS(Bharat Forge/TATA Power SED). If they do, it'll only make a more competitive HAL.

Fa6UkSe.png

Yes sad thing is even in cars , ones meant for India is different from the ones for export.

Back
Top Bottom