What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

12670657_1019835864757173_9118408043672870617_n.jpg

Seems the designers forgot to integrate a lot of parts..... see all the warts on the body.

Is that what passes for French humour ?

12670657_1019835864757173_9118408043672870617_n.jpg

Seems the designers forgot to integrate a lot of parts..... see all the warts on the body.

The main bulges are due to the landing gear, which needs to be redesigned. It was, 'overdesigned', for the initial naval prototypes.

1_img115316233508.jpg

NP1-2

LCA%2BNavy%2BBrochure.jpg

In the next NPs, it seems the undercarriage is stretched.

Last edited:

KEY SUMMARY
  • SP1 and SP2 handed over to IAF, SP3 almost ready and SP4 will join later by end of July. First Squadron by the end of July or early August with Four aircraft in Bangalore (SP1-SP4).
  • SP-5 ,SP-6 and even SP-7 seen in Sub-Assembly Jig .
  • Work seen been carried out on Rear Fuselage assembly of SP-5
  • New Paintshop hangar to be inaugurated in next few days .
  • 10 Days is what it takes to Paint one Tejas fighter jet FOC expected by end of this year Tejas MK-1A to take to air by 2018 65 % is indigenisation level of LCA-Tejas
  • New Hangars are under construction to house 1st Squadron near HAL facility before its moved to Sulur .

Watch 2:21, there is black portion in the under surface just behind the radome...

New modification ?

Indians have only borrowed humour... Bollocks is a British slang expressing disbelief or surprise

What do you mean by 'borrowed humour' ?

One of books of the great writer Kalidasa was the comedy Ratnavali. And this was written back in 100 C.E.

Another of the famous character in Malavikagnimitram is the court Jester, Vidushaka. Malavikagnimitram is a delightful comedy.

Maha Kavi Shyamilaka wrote the comedy drama 'Padataditakam' in the 5th Century.

From Kashmir we have satires written by Mahakavi Ksemendra called 'Suvritta Tilaka' in the 10th century.

I think Indians are among the most jovial people on the planet.

What do you mean by 'borrowed humour' ?

One of books of the great writer Kalidasa was the comedy Ratnavali. And this was written back in 100 C.E.

Another of the famous character in Malavikagnimitram is the court Jester, Vidushaka. Malavikagnimitram is a delightful comedy.

Maha Kavi Shyamilaka wrote the comedy drama 'Padataditakam' in the 5th Century.

From Kashmir we have satires written by Mahakavi Ksemendra called 'Suvritta Tilaka' in the 10th century.

I think Indians are among the most jovial people on the planet.

That could be the case, when i spoke - I spoke for English Language humour. I am not very familiar with vernacular works.

That could be the case, when i spoke - I spoke for English Language humour. I am not very familiar with vernacular works.

We do not have too many english fiction writers. But of the few we have, RK Narayan stores are full of Witticisms.

Indian writer usually focus on situational comedy and wit e.g. Mungeri lala ke haseen sapne. , Malgudi days, etc.

It is fair to say we never had a Charlie Chaplin or a PG Woodhouse or a Astrix&OBlix or even a Calvin &Hobbs or Dilbert, but again in all fairness we did not have much to rejoice or laugh about in our recent pasts.

.......anyway this is off topic. Just don't generalize about India.

KEY SUMMARY
  • SP1 and SP2 handed over to IAF, SP3 almost ready and SP4 will join later by end of July. First Squadron by the end of July or early August with Four aircraft in Bangalore (SP1-SP4).
  • SP-5 ,SP-6 and even SP-7 seen in Sub-Assembly Jig .
  • Work seen been carried out on Rear Fuselage assembly of SP-5
  • New Paintshop hangar to be inaugurated in next few days .
  • 10 Days is what it takes to Paint one Tejas fighter jet FOC expected by end of this year Tejas MK-1A to take to air by 2018 65 % is indigenisation level of LCA-Tejas
  • New Hangars are under construction to house 1st Squadron near HAL facility before its moved to Sulur .

I am a little sckeitical about the the entire sub contract format for air frame items, all it takes is one bad quality manager to eff up the entire ppap regime or poor materials groups to cause parts outages. On the plus side if supplier parts are managed properly, we might see a much faster production rate. Lets see how it goes.

I can't believe they don't have automated assembly line, especially structural. Riveting is very time consuming. I went to Aviation high school and worked on various Cessna and TA-F4 fighter jet. When I tell you drilling holes and riveting consumes a lot of time. I mean It takes a lot of time. Second, in my opinion they are using too many rivets, they can most certainly reduces it. It will help in reducing some weight and some drag.

HAL needs to move on from manual and spend money on automated structural assembly line. Laser drilling and automated riveting is a must.

IAF chief Arup Raha flew the indigenously designed and produced LCA Tejas for about 30 minutes at the HAL airport.
By: FE Online | Updated: May 17, 2016 7:08 PM
11 1 G+0 0
tejas.jpg
IAF chief Arup Raha carried out manoeuvres with the LCA Tejas in the entire flying envelope of the aircraft. (HAL Photo)

Giving his thumbs up to HAL’s Tejas, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief on Tuesday had his first sortie in the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), after which he called it a “good aircraft for induction”. “It is my first sortie in Tejas, it is a good aircraft for induction into IAF operations,” Raha said.

Raha flew the indigenously designed and produced LCA Tejas for about 30 minutes at the HAL airport. Group Captain M. Rangachari was with him in the twin-seater trainer aircraft.

The Air Chief Marshal carried out manoeuvres in the entire flying envelope of the aircraft. He carried out simulated air to air and air to ground attacks. He also assessed the advanced modes of the radar and Helmet Mounted Display Sight (HMDs).

“An ace fighter pilot himself, Air Chief Marshal Raha appreciated the flying qualities of the aircraft. He congratulated the entire team of HAL and others involved in getting the LCA program to this stage.],” the HAL release said.

t3.jpg
IAF chief Arup Raha has his first sortie in LCA Tejas. (HAL photo)

Commenting on the test flight, T Suvarna Raju, CMD of HAL said, “It is a moral boosting gesture from the IAF Chief and reposes great confidence of our valuable customer in our abilities.”

The series production of the Tejas aircraft has already commenced at HAL Bengaluru and the first squadron of the LCA is expected to be formed by July 2016.

The Air Chief also stock of HTT-40 (Basic Trainer) which was parked on the tarmac besides visiting LCA production line and other facilities, the release added.

tejas-1.jpg

The Tejas LCA is a supersonic, multirole light fighter aircraft, which has been under development for the past three decades. It has been co-developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency in cooperation with HAL to replace the IAF’s aging fleet of MiG-21 and MiG-23 aircraft.

India needs about 300 aircraft of the LCA, therefore to speed up induction of the ‘Tejas’, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has decided to upgrade the aircraft with over 40 modifications. With MoD setting a 2018 deadline for making the first upgraded Light Combat Aircraft ‘Tejas’, state-owned HAL is seeking help from Swedish company SAAB.

t5.jpg

Earlier this month, T Suvarna Raju told FE, “For enhancing the capability of the indigenous LCA, HAL is in talks with the SAAB.” “By June 2016, our company will hand over the fourth aircraft to the IAF. The four aircraft will make up for the first squadron of IAF which will be used for training,” he added.

t4.jpg
IAF chief Arup Raha has his first sortie in LCA Tejas. (IAF Photo)

Back
Top Bottom