What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

1)I'll take that news with a truckload of salt.
2) Let's first see the LCA in service with the IAF in numbers and attaining FOC, until then it is rather absurd to be bragging about export options.
I am not even sure if HAL has dedicated service side. For ALH export issues, they literally took esign and manufacturing engineers and send them out to address issues. It is absurd to talk about exports.

I am not even sure if HAL has dedicated service side. For ALH export issues, they literally took esign and manufacturing engineers and send them out to address issues. It is absurd to talk about exports.

Sir, the countries have shown interest. That news should be taken positively. I agree with you on the service issues, but for Srilanka, don't you think its very much possible, as it is close to Banglore.

Sir, the countries have shown interest. That news should be taken positively. I agree with you on the service issues, but for Srilanka, don't you think its very much possible, as it is close to Banglore.
But what's the rush? The LCA can't afford to be burnt with another Ecuardor experience, I'd prefer it if HAL properly assesed the SLAF's ability to operate the LCA and worked with the IAF to devise a comprehensive training package for the SLAF.

I do agree though, there arguably is no better (first) export customer than Sri Lanka given their (geographical and geopoltical) proximity to India and HAL's centres especially.

But what's the rush? The LCA can't afford to be burnt with another Ecuardor experience, I'd prefer it if HAL properly assesed the SLAF's ability to operate the LCA and worked with the IAF to devise a comprehensive training package for the SLAF.

I do agree though, there arguably is no better (first) export customer than Sri Lanka given their (geographical and geopoltical) proximity to India and HAL's centres especially.

Nothing Hush hush, for a deal to be finalized, lot of time could be consumed if the customer wants few customization. HAL don't have the experience but some way we have to start sometime.

SL Airforce personal comes to Banglore for training purpose.

Nothing Hush hush, for a deal to be finalized, lot of time could be consumed if the customer wants few customization. HAL don't have the experience but some way we have to start sometime.

SL Airforce personal comes to Banglore for training purpose.
HAL needs to spin off a marketing and sales/commerical divison like Antrix of ISRO with the sole aim of securing and supporting foreign customers.

Again, there's no rush IMO- let the LCA get up and running in the IAF first plus where is the productive capacity to service any export orders? Until 2020 100% of the LCA's productive capacity will be devouted to meet the IAF's needs, it won't be until they start churning out 25 LCA/year from 2020/21 onwards that there will be scope to service an export customer- unless the IAF sacrifices some of their delivery timelines for an export customer.

work-centres.jpg

Is the FOC is slated for june??
Hope that the LCA will have FOC this year, it is essential for the MK1A

Naval version of the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), which will operate from India’s indigenous aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant, after it is commissioned in 2018, has completed a successful flight-test campaign in Goa. Commodore (Retired) CD Balaji, chief of the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), which oversees the Tejas development programme, told Business Standard that taking off and landing from a 200-metre deck has been fully established.

12670657_1019835864757173_9118408043672870617_n.jpg

Seems the designers forgot to integrate a lot of parts..... see all the warts on the body.

Back
Top Bottom