What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

He must mean Mirage, the SUs have retractable IFR probes.

What?? So FOC has been pushed back another 12 months?? :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

@PARIKRAMA @Ankit Kumar @anant_s @Water Car Engineer @MilSpec @sathya @sudhir007

From the same link
HAL Chairman T Suvarna Raju, who is keeping a close watch on the production schedules, said that the complex integration work is nearing completion. “Once the integration work is done, we will have the engagement checks to ensure that the flow is right. This will be followed by dry and wet runs again to check the flow rate of fuel. Finally, we will take the fighter for the mid-air-refueling trials,” says Raju.

HAL officials say that the carriage trials in June will be immediately followed by dry contact tests. Once Tejas is fitted with the mid-air-refueling probe, it multiplies the aircraft range and radius of action.

Mid-air-refueling probe is one of the key parameters HAL-ADA combine need to fulfil, ahead of the Final Operational Clearance. HAL says from the first Tejas MKI-A aircraft onwards (21st fighter in the series production plans), all platforms will be fitted with the air-to-air refueling probe.

“However, if the IAF wishes, then it could enter into a separate contract with HAL, to retro-fit even the first 20 series production variants with these probes,” says an official.
In a related development, Tejas LSP3 and LSP7 have reached Jamnagar ahead of IAF’s Fire Power Demonstration -- Iron Fist-2016.

From the same link
HAL Chairman T Suvarna Raju, who is keeping a close watch on the production schedules, said that the complex integration work is nearing completion. “Once the integration work is done, we will have the engagement checks to ensure that the flow is right. This will be followed by dry and wet runs again to check the flow rate of fuel. Finally, we will take the fighter for the mid-air-refueling trials,” says Raju.

HAL officials say that the carriage trials in June will be immediately followed by dry contact tests. Once Tejas is fitted with the mid-air-refueling probe, it multiplies the aircraft range and radius of action.

Mid-air-refueling probe is one of the key parameters HAL-ADA combine need to fulfil, ahead of the Final Operational Clearance. HAL says from the first Tejas MKI-A aircraft onwards (21st fighter in the series production plans), all platforms will be fitted with the air-to-air refueling probe.

“However, if the IAF wishes, then it could enter into a separate contract with HAL, to retro-fit even the first 20 series production variants with these probes,” says an official.
In a related development, Tejas LSP3 and LSP7 have reached Jamnagar ahead of IAF’s Fire Power Demonstration -- Iron Fist-2016.
The first 20 SP (MK.1) will not have the probe and thus will be not be FOC compliant, the MK.1As will have IFR probes and AESA radars.

It still means that FOC has been pushed back a year- it was meant to be acheived by March 2016, and now they are saying March 2017.

And still no sign of SP2? When are these IOC jets (SP2-20) going to start getting inducted? HAL's current production rate is 0.5 LCAs a year it seems.

@Abingdonboy

As i said execution is the key in multiple threads..
i shared with you a simple way of making LCA and its variants a huge success story for the country with continuous production and making it 1/3rd strength of our whole AF structure.

The key here is the deliverable from HAL and its whole team of other dependent folks.. In case they miss the trick it opens up a pandora's box of opportunities for other people

Now we all know why Saab and LM are like honey bees buzzing over our lucrative light category market.. Its bcz somewhere even given the opportunities and with certain limitations at times also, HAL and team are unable to rise upto the occasion and grab the chance which is truly theirs.

Knowing MOD and IAF, they will push HAL but if they fail to achieve things and delay the whole deliverables, i dont see much beyond 2024 timeline.. and thats when another light category could come in easy and take those 6 years productivity of 24 jets a year or 144 jets till 2030 .. since we already have almost 7 years to 2024, its enough that based on milestone achievement a plan may be made to accommodate another light fighter category aircraft.

Even though i have been with you defending LCA and resisting the 16s and Gripen or even LSA, if HAL themselves screw it up, we all can do nothing.. its like they themselves inviting such other players to take their share..

Hope HAL folks realise it...

@Abingdonboy

As i said execution is the key in multiple threads..
i shared with you a simple way of making LCA and its variants a huge success story for the country with continuous production and making it 1/3rd strength of our whole AF structure.

The key here is the deliverable from HAL and its whole team of other dependent folks.. In case they miss the trick it opens up a pandora's box of opportunities for other people

Now we all know why Saab and LM are like honey bees buzzing over our lucrative light category market.. Its bcz somewhere even given the opportunities and with certain limitations at times also, HAL and team are unable to rise upto the occasion and grab the chance which is truly theirs.

Knowing MOD and IAF, they will push HAL but if they fail to achieve things and delay the whole deliverables, i dont see much beyond 2024 timeline.. and thats when another light category could come in easy and take those 6 years productivity of 24 jets a year or 144 jets till 2030 .. since we already have almost 7 years to 2024, its enough that based on milestone achievement a plan may be made to accommodate another light fighter category aircraft.

Even though i have been with you defending LCA and resisting the 16s and Gripen or even LSA, if HAL themselves screw it up, we all can do nothing.. its like they themselves inviting such other players to take their share..

Hope HAL folks realise it...

Can't we just liquidate all production aspects of HAL and give them to a private player like L&T, TATA etc. who can then expand as needed, inject funds as needed and focus on outputting products efficiently and promptly.

HAL/ADA etc. should be just the RnD phase till even that can be absorbed by a proper private conglomerate after which the only need is for one govt authority to enforce standards and audit/analyse/study requirements and their evolution etc.

HAL Begins Integration of Mid-Air-Refueling Probe on Tejas
Sunday, March 13, 2016 by Indiandefense News

LCA_Mid_Air_Refuling_Probe.jpg

During a visit to the HAL facilities, Mathrubhumi witnessed the fitment tests on the Limited Series Production-8 variant of Tejas

by Dr Anantha Krishnan M

BANGALORE: Engineers and technicians at Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd’s (HAL) LCA-Tejas Division have begun the extremely complex integration of the aerial refueling probe on to the Tejas fighter.

During a visit to the HAL facilities, Mathrubhumi witnessed the fitment tests on the Limited Series Production-8 (LSP-8) variant of Tejas. The air-to-air probe, supplied by UK-based Cobham, is being fixed in front of the canopy and on the right side of the aircraft.

Similar to Mirage, Tejas too will have a fixed aerial refueling probe. “The modification of LSP-8 is under progress. The structural modification for the attachment and load is under way. We also have to undertake fuel system and software modifications,” says V Sridharan, General Manager, LCA.

The pressure refueling process on LSP-8 and SP-1 have already been demonstrated. Last year, the naval LCA (NP2) underwent ‘hot refueling’ at HAL facilities. Both were mandatory tests ahead of fixing the fuel probe.

“Once the probe is fixed and structural integration is done, then we will have the ground tests, which will be followed by flight trials. The efficiency of the Flight Control System will also be tested,” says Sridharan.

According to him, HAL has the expertise in fixing mid-air fuel probes on Jaguar trainers. The work share for this critical integration work is being split between Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC), Tata Advanced System Laboratories (TASL) and LCA Tejas Division.

“TASL is been entrusted with tool design and tooling supply, ADA is the programme agency responsible for production, structural design and software, ARDC has been entrusted with structures and systems, while we (LCA-Teas Division) are the final integration agency,” says Sridharan.

Flight Trials to be Completed Next Year

HAL hopes to complete the modifications on Tejas LSP-8 by May this year so that the flight trials could begin in June. As per the current schedule, by March 2017, HAL needs to complete the testing and flight trials ahead of certification.

FOC for me should not be a big issue. Everything should undergo proper tests and integration. Because this will lay foundation to the MK1A.

What is irritating is absence of SP2.

Are these HAL walas working only 2 days a week or what ?

More than 45 days has lapsed following their own words in January.

Meanwhile the 3rd pre production J20 is almost integrated and will start ground tests in coming months.

let me do a told u so,,@PARIKRAMA style :ph34r:
bro,,,according to my source FOC wont be achieved this year
No. next march 17
also till now only 20 ioc r confirmed,,thr is no confirmation on 100 mk1a
i wud like to be proven wrong,,,but till now all the info frm the source has been correct

no,,as of now not certain.
Iaf wants FOC+ models,,,n dpsu's have gladly claimed tht they will come up wid it,,,but IAF has made it clear tht further orders will be taken into consideration only if they r satisfied wid FOC tejas.
but of course,,dpsu bhakts will have an explanation,,,its not fault of dpsu,,foc dont matter,,,it must be phoren maal luving AF,,babus,martians

Can't we just liquidate all production aspects of HAL and give them to a private player like L&T, TATA etc. who can then expand as needed, inject funds as needed and focus on outputting products efficiently and promptly.

HAL/ADA etc. should be just the RnD phase till even that can be absorbed by a proper private conglomerate after which the only need is for one govt authority to enforce standards and audit/analyse/study requirements and their evolution etc.

A full privatization will be a suicide mission for any government in the center as the PSU, Unions and other political parties will term the move as a way of selling out public services to few businessmen.

What you have suggested btw is what i have suggested as a partial measure.. The DPSU's needs to incorporate the changing times, the scrutiny of accountability and significant improvement in project management.

I understand that they at times are having budget constraints, manpower constraints and limitations imposed by the fact that for everything they need a dotted line MOD approval....

This can be changed if the DPSU are treated like what other publicly listed entities in BSE/NSE are treated with. A 25% share of HAL can be divested to public via an IPO and later another 24% to government entities like LIC, Banks and institutes which like long term 10 year plus investing.. Essentially, by making the Indian general public Hal's shareholder, we will bring a dynamic change in their whole way the company operates. A key change will be new people in board and management as directors and independent directors.. Also the expertise would be much better utilized for far better results which HAL is capable of delivering after all they are India's premier institute.

The funds raised this way serves the purpose of ambitious 10 year 15 year plans of HAL.

ADA otoh needs to concentrate on lead integrator role and let assemblies, sub assemblies and component manufacturing done in pvt sector and HAL.

I see in coming times all DPSU going through this dynamic change.

let me do a told u so,,@PARIKRAMA style :ph34r:

but of course,,dpsu bhakts will have an explanation,,,its not fault of dpsu,,foc dont matter,,,it must be phoren maal luving AF,,babus,martians

I have to admit honestly, your prediction on DRDO is pretty spot on... You are our inhouse DRDO expert.. Something which @Robinhood Pandey clearly said in his just phor phun thread...

this video was already posted by @Water Car Engineer
after watching it,,,i am not sure if it is logical to expect dpsu's(hal) to deliver lca:what:
well,according to d man,,lca is a technological marvel n already a success:rolleyes:
says,"take the project,resource will come.":cheesy:
n later justify delays on lack of infra/resources:enjoy:(best dpsu trick)

Back
Top Bottom