What's new

HAL Hands Over Tejas Jets To IAF

Congratulates. I'm curious about its price, if cheap enough then it will be a competitor of Griphen and JF-17.

Congratulates. I'm curious about its price, if cheap enough then it will be a competitor of Griphen and JF-17.

MK-1 price is USD$26 mil.

If we get FOC ASAP, then ..yes the MK-1 is a competitor and any more order for MK-1 will have 16 jets per year rate!

MK-1 price is USD$26 mil.

If we get FOC ASAP, then ..yes the MK-1 is a competitor and any more order for MK-1 will have 16 jets per year rate!
A little costly, just a little cheaper than Mig-29. Large-batch and producing key components indigenously is the solution.

I doubt it will ever be exported. It does not fill any niche- both JF-17 and J-7 BGI are cheaper and Gripen is definitely much better. This is just a experimental prototype- to gain experience and to be fielded in small numbers. We will eventually get better as more funding becomes availbale.

I doubt it will ever be exported. It does not fill any niche- both JF-17 and J-7 BGI are cheaper and Gripen is definitely much better. This is just a experimental prototype- to gain experience and to be fielded in small numbers. We will eventually get better as more funding becomes availbale.

Why it is not in the league of other light fighters?

FYI , the first production aircraft handed over to IAF, not proto type

Mainly for technical accumulation, I thought. As for export, Vietnam may be you customer, they will never buy JF-17, and if they buy F-16 Russians will get mad.

Mainly for technical accumulation, I thought. As for export, Vietnam may be you customer, they will never buy JF-17, and if they buy F-16 Russians will get mad.

I Don't think so.. Vietnam may eventually go for Mig-35. Pak-FA may be too expensive.

Just like Naval Docks are saturated with projects HAL needs an expansion for fulfilling present and future projects

Congrats on the first serial production Tejas. :enjoy: Still a long ways to go to catch up to JF-17. Over 70 serial production JF-17 built so far.

Tejas uses Israeli radar, Israeli and Russian weapons, American engine. All major components are imported. So IMO too expensive to compete with JF-17 and Gripen.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom