What's new

HAL, BAE study JV to make Hawk jets

The usage of a trainer jet like Hawk is to ensure that trainees doesn't have to directly go from a subsonic fighter to a super sonic fighter....What matters most is how much tolerance does the aircraft shows towards human errors....So its not the age of design that matters the most.....Trainers can be equppied to fight, but that won't be the major consideration at all.......What is needed most is the upgradation of avionics and sofwares which are generally done.... Structural defects too will be taken care in the upgradation.. So even though the Hawk name is old, it is a proven trainer...........

What exactly are you smoking??? Who gave the the power or authority.......I did not see you being appointed moderator for once!!.
Did i say that i would ban you? I said i gave you a chance to see whether you could back up your arguments with proof. Since you have repeatedly failed to do so and yet are trying to flame, again without any kind of proof, it is now confirmed that you are indeed a troll. Henceforth i will not bother replying to you. I thought that you might be some one who has a different opinion than me, but would backup your argument with some proof, sadly i was wrong.

Stop acting like a ......err kid.Accept Hawk aerodynamic design is culmination of studies from the 1960's. If this does not go into your head..............use google to find its origin.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the RAF who's getting more Hawks.

Yes, but it is their own. and they are not getting yesterdays HAWKs. Unlike IAF, competition, tender for 20 years and select the same after its lifetime is over.

And you can prove and list the differences in the Hawks that IAF and RAF are getting?

I dont think so, consider it as a challenge and i will concede that you are right. Time and again, you prove, that you only post to flame without any proof.

Really poor attitude, when you don't even know the time frame of IAF order or new Hawk developed for RAF.

Keep you challage, concede defeat thing to yourself-- don't embarass yourself with your poor knowledge.

Yeah, one more thing, do visit Wikipedia.

India inducts first batch of British Hawk trainers

BIDAR: India on Saturday inducted the first batch of British-made Hawk jets to groom rookie pilots and replace its ageing Russian-built MiG 21 fleet, nicknamed “Flying Coffins” due to their high crash record.

Indian Defence Minister AK Anthony gave five trainer aircraft to pilots training at Bidar Airforce Base in southern Karnataka state, nearly three decades after the Indian Air Force first called for such aircraft.

The aircraft were among 66 trainer jets ordered by the Indian government in March 2004 from Britain’s BAE Systems in the face of stiff competition from France and Russia.

Under the terms of the agreement, 24 Hawk trainers were bought off the shelf, while the other 42 are to be built under licence at Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), India’s largest aircraft manufacturer in Bangalore.

Anthony said New Delhi would purchase 40 more Hawk trainers worth $1.25 billion to ready air force and naval personnel, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

The new trainers will aim to bridge the gap between the subsonic Surya Kiran aircraft that Indian pilots currently train on before graduating to advanced fighters like the MiG-21s. afp

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

BAE Systems prepares UK's first production Hawk 128 trainer for flight
By Craig Hoyle
DATE:18/02/08
SOURCE:Flight International
BAE Systems is on track to deliver the UK's first of 28 Hawk 128 advanced jet trainers in August, and maintains that the type has strong long-term sales potential, despite its recent elimination from a contest in the United Arab Emirates and an orderbook that is on course to run dry next year.

The first series production-standard Hawk 128 has had its fifth and final software load introduced and its Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour 951 engine installed, says Mike Corfield, BAE's UK AJT programme director. "We've proven all the hardware and the software now, and are pretty much just going through the final clearances," he adds.

BAE expects to achieve the aircraft's "power on" milestone this month, before a first flight in June and its scheduled release to service in AugustTwo more 128s are awaiting equipment installation, and the UK's final example entered its assembly jigs last December and be delivered late next year..

Back
Top Bottom