What's new

Hafiz saeed to challenge US bounty in international court

Laskhar chief Hafiz Saeed's men tighten security at his house after bounty declaration - The Times of India

LAHORE: The Jamaat-ud-Dawah today tightened security at the residence of its chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed in the Pakistani city of Lahore after the US announced a 10-million dollar bounty for the man accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Besides, nine policemen from Punjab Police deployed at Saeed's two-storey home at E Block of Jouhar Town{Pakistani police guarding a UNSC declared terrorist}, the JuD posted more armed volunteers to ensure foolproof security.

JuD leaders said they had not sought extra security from law enforcement agencies to protect Saeed and his brother-in-law Abdul Rehman Makki, for whom the US offered a two million dollar reward. "We are relying on our own security. After the US move, we have attached extra volunteers with Hafiz sahib," a senior JuD leader told PTI at Saeed's residence.

A JuD spokesman claimed US bounty was "another attack by US government on Muslims and Islam." The JuD volunteers set up three barricades about 200 to 300 meters from Saeed's house. The nine policemen were guarding these barricades while the JuD volunteers, equipped with sophisticated weapons{I thought Pakistani members said JuD is a charity org :lol:}, were on duty inside the building.

"After today's development, the JuD men asked us to be more vigilant," a police guard, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told PTI. He said groups of nine policemen were deployed at Saeed's house for shifts of six hours. Some 60 policemen were deployed at the residence when Saeed was under house arrest, the police guard said.

The JuD also maintains records of several families living in buildings adjacent to Saeed's home. Any person visiting these buildings has to undergo a body search by JuD volunteers before entering the barricaded street where Saeed's residence is located {Is it even legal}.

Saeed was not in his residence today as he was away on a tour. He recently addressed a meeting at Faisalabad and was scheduled to visit Layyah, located about 300 km from Lahore. A Lahore Police spokesman said authorities had not received any request from Saeed for extra security.

"We have nothing to do with the US move to put a bounty on Saeed. Unless Saeed gives us a written request about a threat to his life in the wake of the US reward, we cannot provide him further security," he said.

False analogy. The LeT chief isn't targeted for the child rapes you imply he committed but for the terror attacks he spawned.

The analogy that you skirted or pretended not to understand had no such implication.

Let me dumb it down, I can't selflessly sponsor a hit of a US citizen who is a criminal but you can sponsor hits of my country's citizens?

We followed the UN violation banned him, restricted his movements, now what? UN banning didn't say "Now hang the man". We went a few steps further, we tried him for the cases, he was found not guilty, WHY? Because India won't share key pieces of evidence t needed to put him behind bars... end of story

To be honest, I have always been a big proponent in pushing for Hafiz Saeed's trial, and I have always put my best foot forward in ensuring he gets what he deserves through lawful means.

But what I see happening here is "Oi Put pressure and they will probably cave", hell no. I'm going to resist then and resist hard. There is a process in play and until Mar 14 it was going according to plan, till when the Indian government suddenly said that Pak judicial team only can only view a recording of Kasab's testimony and not get his testimony first hand.

The entire case hinged on Kasab's testimony.

You tell me practically, right now we only have India's word that Kasab belongs to JuD right? Where do we have Kasab's testimony free from duress?

you have kasab's testimony from his father without any duress. you have live video tapes taken of his son shooting up people. In a Pakistan court of law the bar to convict terrorists is higher than that?

This is how ridiculous it sounds Asim. If you have a murder take place and is caught on tape. The parents say , yeah that is my kid doing it. -- that kid being an extremely poor peasant that somehow got his hands on $thousands of dollars worth equipment and through miracle landed up in foreign country with 10 friends on a shooting expedition after crossing dangerous high seas. has your peeps saying - That's not proof he did anything or was funded by others. Or worse yet- saying oh you only got 1 live out of 10 ( all identified as Pakistani), which means " oops, can't go on his testimony".

The analogy that you skirted or pretended not to understand had no such implication.

Let me dumb it down, I can't selflessly sponsor a hit of a US citizen who is a criminal but you can sponsor hits of my country's citizens?

We followed the UN violation banned him, restricted his movements, now what? UN banning didn't say "Now hang the man". We went a few steps further, we tried him for the cases, he was found not guilty, WHY? Because India won't share key pieces of evidence t needed to put him behind bars... end of story

THERE IS NO HIT... Dude, dont know how to dumb that down... :)

come on- you did no such thing as restricting his movements , he is freely moving around and even shows up on your TV shows. You are free to sponsor any hit on the US if you think that US is harboring terrorists that will attack your country and is roaming free.

I can't selflessly sponsor a hit of a US citizen who is a criminal but you can sponsor hits of my country's citizens?
In this case, yes. You've read the Resolutions; because Pakistan refuses to act it has no recognized sovereignty in this matter. Note that the bounty is not for a "hit" but for information leading to H.S.'s arrest and conviction.

We followed the UN violation banned him, restricted his movements, now what?
"Banning" and "restricting" are not the same as evicting and preventing terror-supporting.

Because India won't share key pieces of evidence t needed to put him behind bars...
The government of Pakistan made it clear soon after 26/11 that it would not produce its own internal evidence to convict 26/11 plotters. Such evidence is known to exist. You might recall that the police tracked down Kasab's family and connections very quickly (there was this Guardian article about it) but Pakistan would not produce the information.

Since Pakistan demonstrably can't be trusted with the evidence already in the possession of its own agencies what purpose would it serve to provide evidence from foreign sources that would certainly be used to shut down intelligence sources and improve future terror attacks rather than secure convictions? Ambassador Haqqani warned everybody about this pattern years ago in his book Pakistan: Between Mosque and Military.

Laskhar chief Hafiz Saeed's men tighten security at his house after bounty declaration - The Times of India

LAHORE: The Jamaat-ud-Dawah today tightened security at the residence of its chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed in the Pakistani city of Lahore after the US announced a 10-million dollar bounty for the man accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Besides, nine policemen from Punjab Police deployed at Saeed's two-storey home at E Block of Jouhar Town{Pakistani police guarding a UNSC declared terrorist}, the JuD posted more armed volunteers to ensure foolproof security.

JuD leaders said they had not sought extra security from law enforcement agencies to protect Saeed and his brother-in-law Abdul Rehman Makki, for whom the US offered a two million dollar reward. "We are relying on our own security. After the US move, we have attached extra volunteers with Hafiz sahib," a senior JuD leader told PTI at Saeed's residence.

A JuD spokesman claimed US bounty was "another attack by US government on Muslims and Islam." The JuD volunteers set up three barricades about 200 to 300 meters from Saeed's house. The nine policemen were guarding these barricades while the JuD volunteers, equipped with sophisticated weapons{I thought Pakistani members said JuD is a charity org :lol:}, were on duty inside the building.

"After today's development, the JuD men asked us to be more vigilant," a police guard, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told PTI. He said groups of nine policemen were deployed at Saeed's house for shifts of six hours. Some 60 policemen were deployed at the residence when Saeed was under house arrest, the police guard said.

The JuD also maintains records of several families living in buildings adjacent to Saeed's home. Any person visiting these buildings has to undergo a body search by JuD volunteers before entering the barricaded street where Saeed's residence is located {Is it even legal}.

Saeed was not in his residence today as he was away on a tour. He recently addressed a meeting at Faisalabad and was scheduled to visit Layyah, located about 300 km from Lahore. A Lahore Police spokesman said authorities had not received any request from Saeed for extra security.

"We have nothing to do with the US move to put a bounty on Saeed. Unless Saeed gives us a written request about a threat to his life in the wake of the US reward, we cannot provide him further security," he said.

It is a bounty to catch him and not for us to go drop a bomb on him. yet... he can have 100 police protect him ( great use of taxpayers money btw)

It is bounty to catch him not for us to go drop a bomb on him. yet... he can 100 police protect him ( great taxpayers money use btw)

I read in a news a few days back that the Punjab police guard accompanying him threatened Islamabad police with guns when they tried preventing him from entering Isloo as per the court order :)

Saeed's Men Tighten Security at His House

The Jamaat-ud-Dawah today tightened security at the residence of its chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed in the Pakistani city of Lahore after the US announced a 10-million dollar bounty for the man accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Besides, nine policemen from Punjab Police deployed at Saeed's two-storey home at E Block of Jouhar Town, the JuD posted more armed volunteers to ensure foolproof security.

A JuD spokesman claimed US bounty was "another attack by US government on Muslims and Islam." The JuD volunteers set up three barricades about 200 to 300 meters from Saeed's house. The nine policemen were guarding these barricades while the JuD volunteers, equipped with sophisticated weapons, were on duty inside the building.

The JuD also maintains records of several families living in buildings adjacent to Saeed's home. Any person visiting these buildings has to undergo a body search by JuD volunteers before entering the barricaded street where Saeed's residence is located.

FILED ON: APR 03, 2012

Saeed's Men Tighten Security at His House | news.outlookindia.com

if-i-cant-see-you-you-cant-see-me-thumb.jpg

So, nothing on topic then?

As expected.

Just because he is anti-Indian or anti-US does not make him guilty. Present unequivocal, substantiated proof against him in court; just like the LeT has been banned in Pakistan, so will the JuD (& HS jailed).

You are still expecting to be given a long rope to terrorists. Something the terrorists have only contempt for.

An example of another Pakistani terrorist who had contempt for the normal procedures and a lot of respect (as it turned out) for the enhanced techniques.

When KSM was captured in March 2003, he refused to answer questions, informing his captors: "I'll tell you everything when I get to New York and see my lawyer." But the Bush administration did not send KSM to New York. Instead, he was sent to a CIA "black site," where he was questioned, not for evidence in a criminal trial but for intelligence about future terrorist attacks. When asked about his plans, he told the CIA, "Soon, you will know." And he declared that Americans were weak, lacked resilience, and were unable to do what is necessary to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals.

But after undergoing "enhanced interrogation techniques" — including waterboarding — KSM became prolific. According to declassified documents, he provided information that led to the capture of a cell of Southeast Asian terrorists KSM had tasked to hijack a plane and fly it into the tallest skyscraper in Los Angeles. He provided information that led to the capture of Ammar al-Baluchi and Walid bin Attash, just as they were completing plans to blow up the U.S. consulate and Western residences in Karachi, Pakistan. He provided information that helped lead to the arrest of Sayfullah Paracha and his son Uzair Paracha, two businessmen with whom KSM was plotting to smuggle explosives into the USA. He provided information that helped break up an al-Qaeda cell that was developing anthrax for terrorist attacks inside the U.S.

In addition, KSM explained al-Qaeda's operating structure, financing, communications and logistics. He described the traits and profiles that al-Qaeda sought in Western operatives, how al-Qaeda might select targets, what probable targets were and the likely methods of attack. He gave U.S. officials a picture of the terrorist organization as seen from the inside, at a time when we knew almost nothing about the enemy that had hit us on 9/11.

In other words, the delay in KSM's prosecution, and that of other CIA detainees, saved lives.

So I would say, saving lives is anyday more important than the "human rights of terrorists"!

So I would say, saving lives is anyday more important than the "human rights of terrorists"!

You are right here...However the problem occurs when you do this to someone who is innocent...I don't think anybody cares about how a terrorist is treated...

I read in a news a few days back that the Punjab police guard accompanying him threatened Islamabad police with guns when they tried preventing him from entering Isloo as per the court order :)

I've been trying to find that article! . That may open Pakistani eyes on PDF.

Article shows:
- How this guy is mocking the Pakistan's judicial system, risking life's of Pakistani ordinary policemen
- How the Punjab police point guns at Lahore police to protect him.
- How the man has an arrest warrant in Lahore but they are too scared to touch him.

I think it was an it was a Dawn.com article. I can't find it.

I've been trying to find that article! . That may open Pakistani eyes on PDF.

Article shows:
- How this guy is mocking the Pakistan's judicial system, risking life's of Pakistani ordinary policemen
- How the Punjab police point guns at Lahore police to protect him.
- How the man has an arrest warrant in Lahore but they are too scared to touch him.

I think it was an it was a Dawn.com article. I can't find it.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...-dodges-police-addresses-rally-islamabad.html

LOL another Abottabad in the making...this one will be easier though, lets wait for the happy news...wonder who else is to follow in the hitlist, Dawood Ibrahim probably.

Back
Top Bottom