What's new

Gwadar: Can India Checkmate China? – Analysis

China is ahead of india by 10 years least.China is no where challenging U.S for atleast 15-20 years more.
U.S navy is more than enough for china.Go and check facts.U.S-China are just media hype but there is huge difference b/w them in terms of fire power.

India cant match with china in terms of numbers but after 10 years,we will be having quality with quantity second to none.
Even today,india can counter china but we are in position just to defend not attack.

:lol: dream on.

This whole India challenging China is all media hype. India is atleast 30 years behind China in economic, social, technological, military, financial power. India is still not even a regional power where Pakistan can do anything to you and you are powerless to do anything back.

India ain't touching China this century. We are extending our lead over India every day. India still has a MASSIVE illiterate population. All of India's growth is based on fluff, just a bunch of services and a pile of debt where the rupee has collapsed from 40 to mid 50. Indian economy is on quicksand, it's a debt based economy with absolutely enormous economic, financial, social and political problems. The sickening caste system alone will keep India behind China. But when you add India's bureaucracy, corruption and sheer ineptitude, India will still be a very backward country in the human evolution cycle.

At best India might go from a 4th world country to a 3rd world country, but that's a long way off.

I wish an english translation, i caught only one word "chini" from this video ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To speak frankly, India has the potential to become a regional power, while China can challenge with the US as superpower. China outpaces India in any terms, and the gap is increasing day by day. You are blind if you don´t see that. It would not help India if I said otherwise.

lol``you are making your indian 'brohers' very unhappy, because they believe they are already 'regional superpower'
you are unconcsiously insaulted their fragile ego``:D:D

lol``you are making your indian 'brohers' very unhappy, because they believe they are already 'regional superpower'
you are unconcsiously insaulted their fragile ego``:D:D
Actually it was not my intention to hurt India´s feeling. India should be more realistic, though I can understand India´s wish to be compared with China. But India risks to be a subject of ridiculousness, similar if I want to compare VN´s economy with Japan´s.

To say frankly again, in Vietnam we had some hopes on India, we wished more Indian presence in VN, in ASEAN and South China Sea as a counterweight to China. However, we must face the reality and admit, that India is not in the position to do this due to immense domestic problems. And as I said previously, India has also potential to shape the world, like China today already does.

Actually it was not my intention to hurt India´s feeling. India should be more realistic, though I can understand India´s wish to be compared with China. But India risks to be a subject of ridiculousness, similar if I want to compare VN´s economy with Japan´s.

To say frankly again, in Vietnam we had some hopes on India, we wished more Indian presence in VN, in ASEAN and South China Sea as a counterweight to China. However, we must face the reality and admit, that India is not in the position to do this due to immense domestic problems. And as I said previously, India has also potential to shape the world, like China today already does.

this is difficult, i mean literally impossible for them to be realistic

Despite me disagreeing with many of your posts, you're probably the only decent Vietnamese on this forum.

@Viet

your posts #273 #282 #290 made the thread deserted. some members feel hesitant
if they are said by some chinese members ,this thread would be much warmer......:raise:

Iran is setting up oil refinery in Gwadar and the major user of that refinery would be China. Gwadar is a pearl and it has opportunity for every country around - specially sanctioned Iran who will now be able to export oil from Pakistan instead of its own land. Alongside, aligning with China and Russia suits Iran in every way and it is their opportunity to expand on their relationship with China. China is also not a threat to Iran and Chinese presence near Iran will make sure USA naval ships stay further away.

Now look at this side of the story that Iran is looking to offer Chahbahar to India.
Some questions that arise would be:

- How much would Iran loose and how much would it again? Chinese economy VS Indian Economy.

- By offering Chahbahar to India, it would be acting as a threat to China. What will be the consequences?

- By offering Chahbahar to India, it would be acting as a threat to Pakistan. What will be the consequences?

- Considering increasing US influence over India, how much can it depend on India now and in the future? India under US pressure has already withdrawn itself from IPI project.

- Iran wants to improve ties with China to counter-weight USA's enmity. This is its rare opportunity to build its relationship with China. What can possibly come from India that would weight more than this opportunity? Economy? Technology? Security?

Now look at this aspect, what would it loose if it doesn't give Chahbahar to India?

- Will India stop importing oil from Iran?
- Will Iran become an enemy state of India?
- Will Cooperation with India decrease or Increase? I see it would increase and India would step further towards Iran to get all other possible leverages it could get.

I don' think Chahbahar is going to India in military seance at all. Rather if there were any chances of India placing its naval vessels there, those chances are gone low further.

First China, now with Iran involve in Gwadar, when Central Asia and eventually Russia will get involved to draw pipe line to Gwadar in order to export energy to Korea, Japan and ASEAN countries...this region will mark a new event on history book, everybody will be the winner except non participants.

Iran is setting up oil refinery in Gwadar and the major user of that refinery would be China. Gwadar is a pearl and it has opportunity for every country around - specially sanctioned Iran who will now be able to export oil from Pakistan instead of its own land. Alongside, aligning with China and Russia suits Iran in every way and it is their opportunity to expand on their relationship with China. China is also not a threat to Iran and Chinese presence near Iran will make sure USA naval ships stay further away.

Now look at this side of the story that Iran is looking to offer Chahbahar to India.
Some questions that arise would be:

- How much would Iran loose and how much would it again? Chinese economy VS Indian Economy.

- By offering Chahbahar to India, it would be acting as a threat to China. What will be the consequences?

- By offering Chahbahar to India, it would be acting as a threat to Pakistan. What will be the consequences?

- Considering increasing US influence over India, how much can it depend on India now and in the future? India under US pressure has already withdrawn itself from IPI project.

- Iran wants to improve ties with China to counter-weight USA's enmity. This is its rare opportunity to build its relationship with China. What can possibly come from India that would weight more than this opportunity? Economy? Technology? Security?

Now look at this aspect, what would it loose if it doesn't give Chahbahar to India?

- Will India stop importing oil from Iran?
- Will Iran become an enemy state of India?
- Will Cooperation with India decrease or Increase? I see it would increase and India would step further towards Iran to get all other possible leverages it could get.

I don' think Chahbahar is going to India in military seance at all. Rather if there were any chances of India placing its naval vessels there, those chances are gone low further.

I do agree that India has lost this round.

Pakistan and China are the clear victors. What makes you think Iran would want to mess itself over with India.

Iran would not sacrifice it's relations with China for India.

Another thing is that Iran would not want Pakistan as an enemy.

this is difficult, i mean literally impossible for them to be realistic
The moment New Delhi lets people know the truth about India is the moment India collapses and splits into pieces.

@Viet
your posts #273 #282 #290 made the thread deserted. some members feel hesitant
if they are said by some chinese members ,this thread would be much warmer......:raise:
Maybe Indian members think Vietnamese are allowed to speak free. :partay: You know the root of Sino-India friction today is due to the war of 1962. The aftermath was a disaster for both China and India.

Actualy China won the war, but lost in the long run. The relationship was totally destroyed. You lost India as friend, ally and good neighbor. India was humiliated. It mistrusts and fears China, and moreover India seeks revenge if there is a chance: a strategic disaster for China! a hopeless situation.

So what to do?

Both China and India are really required to make steps to reduce actual tensions and in the long run restore trust and good neighborship. Give and take. You both China as well as India cannot affort a new armed confrontation. One can imagine what happens if two nuclear countries go to war.

To Indian members: today your arms race and build-up at the common border are worrisome because China can see it as aggressive approach, a threat similar to the past. I am not sure if that´s a good move, especially in consideration of the huge money you spend on defence to counter a possible China´s invasion, which I believe will never come.

Maybe Indian members think Vietnamese are allowed to speak free. :partay: You know the root of Sino-India friction today is due to the war of 1962. The aftermath was a disaster for both China and India.

Actualy China won the war, but lost in the long run. The relationship was totally destroyed. You lost India as friend, ally and good neighbor. India was humiliated. It mistrusts and fears China, and moreover India seeks revenge if there is a chance: a strategic disaster for China! a hopeless situation.

So what to do?

Both China and India are really required to make steps to reduce actual tensions and in the long run restore trust and good neighborship. Give and take. You both China as well as India cannot affort a new armed confrontation. One can imagine what happens if two nuclear countries go to war.

To Indian members: today your arms race and build-up at the common border are worrisome because China can see it as aggressive approach, a threat similar to the past. I am not sure if that´s a good move, especially in consideration of the huge money you spend on defence to counter a possible China´s invasion, which I believe will never come.

This is a junk topic so I have not bothered to comment but let me reply to your post.

Indo China was was a good thing for India. It helped us ditch the 'peaceful' nonsence and embrace real politics and help build a modern defense force. India gained more than it lost (only pride), China lost more than it gained.

As long as India (or any nation) builds up its military power, that 'china invasion' will never happen. Else its 'Tibet' all over again for all of china's neighbors. 1962 can never happen again, and china knows that. Indians know it too. Vietnamese will understand in time.

Indian military might in china's south boundary will moderate its behavior with its other neighbors ..so Vietnam is under less pressure. The stronger India gets.....it becomes more safe for china's neighbours because of the chinese fear of making an India, Japan, US, southeast Asia alliance against china.

chinese will be forced to learn some manners and treat its smaller neighbors with respect.

^ Keep deluding yourselves. China is only getting more and more powerful. You try to steal China's land and sea but our military is preparing for the final showdown! 1962 and 1979 is coming again with even more painful attacks from China!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom