What's new

Gulf states Ban Bollywood's propaganda Movie on Occupied Kashmir.

I hope people realize that banning a movie gives it even more attention ,more talked about.

I dunno abt propaganda movies,i think Mai Hoo na was a movie showing Pakistanis in good light.

Do complaint to Gulf :P we here in Pakistan get pirated ones much before its release.

people will find out other ways to watch it.

sach ko kitnahi chuppa loo, samne aahi jata hain.

Its not the truth, ..............its speak a lie in such a way and how many times that you himself start believing that this is true.

Wrong!! The film didn't get banned in the name of Kashmir but they said it could 'hurt' religious sentiments of the people of their countries.

I didn't seen it but I don't think there should be anything wrong if Indian censor board passed it.

Watching unrealistic Indian movies is a curse not luck lolzzzzzzzzzzz

Thats what most of Pakistanis wants??? lol ;)

I know bollywood is very popular is Pakistan as well like many other countries. Nothing wrong with it. Not all but they do make many good movies too. This year so far, '3 idiots', 'Raajneeti' and 'My name is Khan'! All of them are very popular.

Who cares about arab gulf states where women cant even drive in Saudi arabia and have to cover every inch of their body.

Off topic, can any one post a link from where I can watch latest Indian Movies for free?

:rofl::rofl: FATA and Northern Areas here is off topic still i do visit these areas unlike bhartis.

and oh we dont have to keep over half a million army in Azad Kashmir unlike Indian invader barbaric army in Indian Occupied Kashmir,

Here is some interesting facts of so called Azad Kashmir.(I hope this should not be considered off topic, as you are the one to have started it)

First a visit by Indian Journalist..

It's Monday, November 22, and I'm part of the SAFMA team travelling to the part of Jammu and Kashmir that Pakistan controls. We call it ***************** Kashmir (***), they have named it Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK). For the sake of being politically neutral, let's call it Pakistan-administered Kashmir (PaK). Our official maps show these places to be ours. In reality, it's under Pakistan's control. It's for the first time in 57 years that Indian journalists have been provided access. Our first sojourn is to Mirpur, four hours by road from Lahore.
Mirpur nestles in the hills. As our convoy of two buses and a police van winds its way up, large bungalows loom up in the darkness. They are sprawling, massive enough to make those in Gurgaon seem like servant quarters. Most are empty. I'm told, like the Cubans, there are more Mirpuris outside Mirpur—indeed outside Pakistan—than in Mirpur. Mirpuris visit the place once a year. And they wage their war for Kashmiri independence from abroad, mostly against India but also against Pakistan. Those here, I'm told, dream more frequently of getting out of here than of independence.

We're at Hotel Jabeer, a two-star. At dinner, people with torches appear out of nowhere, raising pro-independence slogans. They disappear as suddenly, ghost-like. At midnight, an old man goes around knocking on doors, wishing to speak to visiting journalists from India and, yes, India-held Kashmir. These are two different entities in Mirpur. The old man offers me Urdu books. I can't read Urdu. He's disappointed.

The following morning we are to meet displaced families of Rajouri, at Hotel Jabeer. A crowd gathers. We ask them, which among the Kashmiri leaderships best represents their interest? Abdul Aziz, a young doctor, says, "The first step is to let people get together, meet. My brother and my sister are there, I haven't seen their faces for 57 years. We hear of the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus, they should have one connection from here too." He then adds a philosophical note: "When people meet, more roads will open." It's neat, how metaphor and reality meet in Mirpur.

"Our lips tremble to kiss the land we have been separated from," another tells me. Apparently, some 20 lakh families here have been separated because of the line dividing Kashmir. Don't quibble over numbers, it's part of the mythology of separation. It also reduces the significance of the moment. Another voice rues the misfortune of Kashmiris as they don't have a mature leadership. "The hatred we nurture, we have to promote a formula to live and let live. We have to evolute a liberal leadership." Evolute? I blink.

Dr Shaukat Jamil complains Mirpuris are fed the staple of the local jehadi media. I can see people don't want him to talk. Someone from the crowd quips, "It's good to see our political leadership talk about wanting to go to Srinagar. Here, they are not even allowed to go to Gilgit." And then the old man who had been knocking on doors last night gets up to speak. He's Prof Nazeem Anjum. And he says the Hurriyat neither represents all Muslims nor all linguistic communities nor all regions. It's clear Mirpuris think the governments in their and our Kashmir are puppets; they can't consequently represent their interests. To know the real wishes of the people, Mirpuris feel, it's important for Kashmiris across the divide to keep meeting each other.

Later, at the Mirpur Bar Association, its president Mohd Riaz Inqalibi declares: "Bhutto said we are prepared to fight a war for a thousand years. I say we are prepared to fight for 2,000 years." The applause from the crowd is deafening. Another flash mob appears, lustily shouting pro-independence slogans. We pull out. To Abdul Majid Malik, a former chief justice, we ask: How free is 'Azad Kashmir'? His answer is cryptic: "Azadi in AJK isn't ideal.But what's there is there".

Outside Mirpur, under the mellow evening sun, the waters of the Mangla Dam stretch endlessly. Underneath it lies the old Mirpur town. On a good day, I'm told, you can see a temple spire and the minaret of a mosque sticking out of the waters. A Ukrainian diplomat once told Malik, "Do you realise how much money Kashmir will get if you sell power to others in the region?
www.outlookindia.com | An Indian In 'Azad Kashmir'

Second by a Kasmiri himself--

Azad Kashmir, is it Azad? - WikiMir

Now where are the human rights there??

from passionforcinema

Lamhaa : The Beautiful Prison
THE BEAUTIFUL PRISON!
In the midst of the most turbulent times that Kashmir has faced in the last 15 years, I prepare myself for the release of my film Lamhaa- the untold story of Kashmir. One insensitive filmy chutya asked me; “Ye Kashmir me jo ho raha hai, kya tumne karaya kya ? Solid Publicity milegi !!” It’s this insensitivity towards human lives that has probably turned Kashmir into the prison that it is.
In my over 2 years of visiting the valley, and interviewing over one hundred fifty people from all walks of life, one thing is certain: The Kashmiri’s want their azaadi. They don’t like India, and they don’t trust Pakistan. This blog on PFC, thanks to Oz; is about some excerpts of interviews I have had with the Kashmiri’s. The first of this lot is with a separatist leader, whom I will not name, but we shall call Haji (As is Anupam Kher’s Character name in the film):
RD: What do Kashmiri’s want?
HAJI: Azadi
RD: Do you want to go with Pakistan?
HAJI: (Silence)
RD: Even if we give you Independence, how will you support yourself?
HAJI: Let us worry about that
RD: Don’t you think China will march into Srinagar?
HAJI: No
RD: How can you be so sure, they already have taken a huge chunk- it’s another thing that no one talks about COK! (The other being *** and IOK)
HAJI: (Silence)
RD: How does your organization support itself? Do you get funds from India?
HAJI: We get funds from all well-wishers of Kashmir
RD: Like RAW? Or ISI?
(Just then he looks at the person who had introduced me to him, really pissed and angry)
RD: It’s true that the biggest business in Kashmir is the information business-
(He cuts me off)
HAJI: I have survived many attacks- your country (India) has tried to kill me many times, but by Allah’s grace, I have survived.
RD: And yet, when you fall sick you go to AIIMS? And you still take grants from our country?
Just then he gets a call from Pakistan and he answers it. (Can’t disclose content)
HAJI: Our struggle has been going on for 60 years, and we will get freedom.
RD: What about education, employment, peace? Doesn’t the youth of today want that?
HAJI: They can only get that when we have freedom.
RD: Freedom from?
HAJI: Your country (India)!
We may or may not agree with this view point, but fact of the matter is that the separatists, have huge followings- may not be as strong as it was, but it still is a huge following. When a Mirwaiz speaks at a rally in Jama Masjid, he easily pulls a crowd of 4-5 lac people. It is with his help that we shot in the Jama Masjid- the only Indians to do so, and that too on “Aakhri Jumma”! It was spectacular site. We had to position our cameras eight hours prior to the speech and stay put. No food, no water, no ciggies as well- for a constant 12 hours for a possible 12 second shot in the film. At the Masjid, there is only one entrance and exit, and people are sitting so close to each other that it’s tough for a fly to go past. Imagine a stampede in this situation! What was even crazier was, that I had to explain to the crew, that some militants may be present and they may shoot some rounds of AK47 in the air, and you must not panic! I was in two minds to take my unit through this shoot. Though we had the support, there was no guarantee that there would not be any trouble- after all it is Kashmir, and we were in a mosque and were Hindus. This sequence was important to the film and we had to get it- when we did finally shoot it, the entire unit (5 man crew) was really relieved, and I was certain, Lamhaa may face difficulties, but we will pull it through! That’s the reason why its one of my favorite moments of shooting for Lamhaa.
The style which James (My DP) and I had discussed for months that was tested here. When we saw the video assist rushes that evening, we were certain it would work great for the film. The way we wanted Lamhaa to look was of perpetual tension and uncertainty. As if we are always on the edge, looking for something. Images that were sometimes in focus, sometimes a bit soft focus. Kashmir is this way too. Though people may look relaxed, they are never sure what will happen the next minute. A bullet may hit you from a CRPF officer’s gun, a stone from a protestor may hit a soldier, and a rocket launcher of a Lashker terrorist may knock down a bunker! Anything can happen. That’s why the name Lamhaa- People live here from moment to moment- and every moment in uncertain.
Kashmir is a beautiful prison, and we were to shoot here for the next 45 days!

Lamhaa : AK47

“Jannat aur Jahannam ke beech ka faasla- sirf ek goli hai”
Kashmiri’s are famous for their naarebaazi and one liners. Have tried to use some of these in my film. One of the best though was:
AK 47 ka matlab jaante ho ? AK 47 maane, Azad Kashmir san 47 se !
Lamhaa has many writers. The producers of the film have not credited them in the promos (as they are 15 seconds), but they do need mention. So in this blog, I am going to narrate one incident /scene as written by one of the writers:
Raghav Dhar: Lamhaa, Raghav gave the title of the film; I preferred Kashmir Company: He disagreed and so did the producers. “It wasn’t commercial enough”. Anyways, Raghav and I explored quite a bit of Kashmir together. It was with him that I did most of my preliminary interviews with Shabbir Ahmed Shah, Aasiya Andrabi, Parveena Ahangar and also the homeless and helpless pandit refugees of the Jammu camp! Raghav, a Kashmiri Pandit himself, was very disturbed after the visit to the camp; actually anyone would be, seeing the conditions they live in. Here are some excerpts of the interaction with the pandits: Both Raghav and my initials are same, so assume it’s one or the other-
RD: How long have you been here?
Pandit: 17- 18 years ! We have been living in these conditions. Can you imagine? 9 people Living in a 10×10 room for 18 years? We had a 3-story house over there, now we don’t even have a proper room.
(Both of us are sorry, Raghav takes some pictures for references)
RD: What about the government? The BJP always…
Pandit : We are like monkeys and the politicians are like madari’s. Everyone makes us dance to his or her tunes. When its voting time, they will use us for sympathy votes- “Look what the Kashmiri have done to the pandits- they deserve justice” etc- but after elections, nothing! They collect money in our name and we never see it. If we die, we will not even have a proper funeral!
RD: Would you like to go back to Kashmir?
Pandit: Not me, but my father would like to die there. He says, “I would rather die of a militant bullet in my homeland, than of snakebites and heat waves in refugee camps:
Raghav and I left heartbroken, angry, frustrated and speechless. Though our film was set in today’s Kashmir, and in today’s Kashmir, there are no pandits, how do we incorporate their story? Can we make our hero a Kashmiri Pandit ? Can we have some back-stories? We left the camp with one thought, however small and wherever possible in the film, we have to include them. Kashmir or Lamhaa is incomplete without them.
My other writer Ashwath Bhatt coincidentally is also a Pandit. He came to me for an acting assignment, and since he was from Kashmir (Fed up with production, Raghav had left after the initial drafts to work on his film with Bhansali), I pulled him in to help me write the dialogues. This was the first time he was attempting dialogues for a film, and he was a bit reluctant. I gave him a scene to write, and after two days he came up with a marvelous line, which was to stick in the film for good. “Yahan ka mausam aur mahoul kabhi bhi badal sakta hai- Welcome to Kashmir, the most dangerous place in the world”
Kashmir is full of uncertain Lamhaa’s. We were visiting Lolab Valley, one of the most dangerous places in Kashmir. The valley is surrounded by 4 huge mountains, each giving shelter to one terrorist group- the strongest being Lashkar. My interaction here with the brigadier and majors was eye opening.
RD: How do you motivate a jawan who gets a 7200-rupee salary a month?
OFF: Its difficult. Most of the time, when they are going to battle, we tell them to protect themselves first and their buddies next, we never give them BS about protecting the country. That’s only in your films.
RD: What about corruption in the forces?
OFF: There is corruption everywhere. You have read about it in the papers. Some high-ranking officers who have retired from Kashmir have mansions in other parts of India. Mainly people who are in charge of purchase make a lot of money, and also some members of BSF- They sell land tracks.
RD: Sell land tracks means??
OFF: We have a huge Border, we can’t patrol the entire border can we?? There will be areas from which Pakistani terrorists can come into- all they need is a safe entry point for a few hours.
Shocking stories of the forces- from corruption in the RAW and Army to the day-to-day battle for survival of the jawans, were narrated over the days that I stayed there. When it was time to leave, they suggested I take another route, one that was a bit longer but less dangerous. My car had been marked by the locals and the information they got, was that there were land mines placed along the way, so that our car would blow up!
On my way home, I was thinking about the dangers, corruption and uncertainty in the valley and I called up all three of my writers (past/present and future)- Raghav, Aswath and Kabir and told them about this: Not sure which one came up with this line- which is so appropriate for the valley: Jannat se Jahnnum ke beech ka faasla sirf ek goli hai !
Our writing and researching process took over two and a half years. A minimum of hundred and fifty recorded interviews, extensive traveling, about 25 to 30 drafts (after the second draft it was always third draft for the producers)- and god alone know how many arguments. Whatever the fate of the film, the writing process has been so fascinating and interesting, that one doesn’t really care of the outcome. Thank you Raghav, Aswath, Kabir, Jai, and my buddy Anil Raina.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

The last Lamhaa

After spending 42 months on a film its time to say goodbye.
Lamhaa will be seen by the world tonight. Some may like it, some will trash it- but no one can take the memories away from me. One incredible journey!
It had started in Delhi, about three and a half years ago, and today it ends in Mumbai. Wow! Lamhaa is done, and I have to let it go.
In this blog I wish to share with you my interviews with some MI officers who fed me a lot of dope, which I have used quite liberally in my film:
RD: We all have heard of corruption in the forces – how much of it is true?
MI: It’s true in parts. Not everyone is corrupt, but it does exist.
RD: In what forms?
MI: Over invoicing- Commodities etc- we have so many men posted here- they need a lot of supplies.
RD: That’s not what I am asking about. I want to know about the land tracks.
MI: What about them??
RD: You tell me:
MI; Some officers do sell them. Price varies, but can be high
RD: So that’s how people cross over from Pakistan?
MI: One of the ways. The border is huge and not all guarded. That’s why the officers make money-selling tracks. They open and area for about 3-4 hours, wherein the militants can come with arms and stuff, cross the border. On our side they look away (as in not be present) for that time, so these people can cross. But the land track deals are very rare now.
RD: But they still happen?
MI: Yes.
This and much more goes on in the Valley. RAW and other intelligence agencies have large amount of cash fund to gather information. Part of this is used to get information; the other is distributed amongst the officers. Since its all cash, and unaccountable- everyone benefits.
“Kashmir is a company,” said Peerbaba a patriotic Kashmiri leader. “Every one wants this burning because everyone benefits from it”
RD: Your leaders too?
PB: Of course, this is their business. This gives them power, recognition and money. Do you suggest they shut down shop? Those idealistic days are over.
RD: But then they are playing with the lives of innocent Kashmiri’s?
PB: That’s why I am not part of them. Our focus should be on Freedom.
RD: And don’t you think your struggle has been hijacked? By Lashkar and ISI?
PB: They have a different agenda. There are 400 sleeper cells of Lashkar in India. Do you know that? They have thousands of fidaheens willing to die! And if talks fail between India and Musharraf, then be prepared- there will be blasts in Bombay, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore.
RD: If you know about it, and you are telling me this, obviously our agencies must also know about it?
PB: Of course they know.
RD: And? They won’t act?
PB: They are also shareholders in this company.
RD: Who is the CEO?
PB: Pasha- he is the lashker commander for India.
My journalist friend Anil Raina had met Pasha once. He called them “Allah’s Lashker” in his article in Mumbai Mirror. (I did not know Anil then) But after reading that article, I wanted to meet him. He has been my tour guide on this entire research in Kashmir, and Lamhaa would never have been possible without him.
The research is immense- the stories – plenty and the problems, hurdles and obstacles countless! (Some day would love to share the production problems of big and small budget films) The biggest challenge however was to put this research and make it into a commercial film. One that deals with the burning issues of Kashmir and yet entertains. One that has this entire complex sub plots and yet is politically correct. One that people of all age group and sex would be interested in and yet should be not a run on the mill story. One that’s extremely different from Parzania.
The responsibility and goodwill attached with the Award winning Parzania is high. The tag of National Award winning Director- never felt heavier. Well its payback time! All the glory of Parzania is going to shadow Lamhaa. Its like, if the first child is exceptionally bright, the second one is assumed to be equal if not more. The poor thing is unfortunately born with a baggage. That’s also true with lamhaa. And so like in the real world, if the elder is studious, the younger excels in sports. Here to Lamhaa has chosen a different genre- one of a political drama/thriller. Hope it works.
Finally I want to thank everyone who has been on this journey with me.

It is illegitimate occupation and it's bound with the word FREEDOM. We will support them in every manner possible and even if we have to wait century for it's freedom we will wait for that dawn. I don't care what your so called army is doing in IOK. Whether they are guarding you or watching **** movies, we would keep supporting Kashmiris in every manner. Whether it is their political struggle or militarily.

Banning this movie might not have strategic aspect but it is a good omen for Kashmiri freedom movement.

:)

Well, Pakistan has been doing every thing to free kashmir, And India is doing everything to Keep it still.... Well If my army does not need to watch **** as we very well know how to deal with pakistan;), You keep on supporting kashmir and earn your number one spot in the List of failed nations, as You have already earned number 10 spot in it.... Keep working , we will help u reach number one , dont worry

Back
Top Bottom