What's new

Gujarat riots not an issue that should keep Modi from becoming PM: Narayana Murthy

There are others who do what Modi does, but somewhat less controversially. So now at least you do agree that as long as someone who can give/heed to good advice is around, Modi is indeed expendable.

And I am saying what I expect my Government to do, is not turn a selective blind eye when riots are occuring!

If you are talking about Nitish Kumar, he is a Muslim agent.

/sarcasm

I'm not showing blind hate. I'm responding to the blind love & faith shown to him.

I am not bothered with what Gujaratis want in their CMs. I am only bothered with what I want to see in my PM.

Wait a second till here your arguments are ok, but what do u mean when u say u don't care a state's choice but care about Centre's choice ??

Then please do share why and what led to Muslims burning the Train full of Hindu pilgrimage in Godhra.
Or hateful speech of Mulims MLAs across party lines against hindus in mujaffarnagar.

Please quote me defending these acts first! How many times do i have to repeat that punishment to the guilty is the remedy to a crime, not it's escalation!

For every Owaisi, there's a Togadia. Treat them both on the merit of their crime, who's stopping anyone from doing so? Who has ever said the BJP is wrong in agitating for a uniform civil code?

It's not non-sense that such riots happened and continue to happen! Most of us brought in reasoning and whatever proofs existed to prove/absolve Modiji to delink him from riots. I haven't personally attacked any of them if you've read them. But I won't look the other way if people openly exhibit a bias against religious groups(be it any) without justifying them.

The courts have found him not guilty..who are you to be judgmental on Modi and why constantly stick to 2002 when Congress is 20 times worse when it comes to Religious discrimination and religious riots ? Modi is far far far better than anyone in corrupt politics both administratively and when it comes treating religions fairly.. Do you know he has destroyed more than 200 illegal temples in Gujarat because they were illegal ... you think Khangressis have the spine to do such a thing ? i have no clue why you fear him so much

But 2002 riots is the only disaster...its never such a big issue if Sikhs/Hindus are clearly discriminated against and their holiest of places are barred from entering ... but hey i think i just became a NAZI for my concerns ....

Wait a second till here your arguments are ok, but what do u mean when u say u don't care a state's choice but care about Centre's choice ??

That was meant for those who hinted that when Gujaratis had no problem electing Modiji for 3 terms, why should people from rest of the country have any qualms about doing the same...

I presume he means that Gujarat is fairly homogeneous in it's ethnic, linguistic and religious composition.

India is a different beast altogether.

Boy! and people here still ask me why I take it to the next level with your replies. @Star Wars Care to explain how this is relevant to what Joe Shearer has said above and how civil the reasoning here has been? You entered in between like a referee, now preside over the tamasha!

ok.. that was not nice..but can you counter his claims ? point by point ? or are you going to agree with his views ?

The courts have found him not guilty..who are you to be judgmental on Modi and why constantly stick to 2002 when Congress is 20 times worse when it comes to Religious discrimination and religious riots ? Modi is far far far better than anyone in corrupt politics both administratively and when it comes treating religions fairly.. Do you know he has destroyed more than 200 illegal temples in Gujarat because they were illegal ... you think Khangressis have the spine to do such a thing ? i have no clue why you fear him so much

But 2002 riots is the only disaster...its never such a big issue if Sikhs/Hindus are clearly discriminated against and their holiest of places are barred from entering ... but hey i think i just became a NAZI for my concerns ....

You are free to express your concerns in a civil way dude. That's what a discussion is meant to be. I have expressed my apprehensions pretty lucidly in this section. I have no issues with you bringing facts and good arguments to disprove me. But to merely state dumb things like all Muslims are so and so or all Hindus are so and so is what gets on my nerves.

Please quote me defending these acts first! How many times do i have to repeat that punishment to the guilty is the remedy to a crime, not it's escalation!

For every Owaisi, there's a Togadia. Treat them both on the merit of their crime, who's stopping anyone from doing so? Who has ever said the BJP is wrong in agitating for a uniform civil code?
You are talking about the aftermath I want to know what exactly led the minority group to undertake such horrific acts? Since you are against riots then please share with us, what made the muslims think that they can commit such a crime in the first place.

PS. People are expendable in India and let me say this clearly "NO PARTY" is above that.

ok.. that was not nice..but can you counter his claims ? point by point ? or are you going to agree with his views ?

That's the point I was trying to make. He rounded up the entire Bengali landowners and painted them black in one stroke. Do you expect me to refute such silly posts in calm, rational manner?

How would it sound to you if I casually said RSS is the root cause of all evil in India, presenting no evidence or pointing at no specific incident?? Get the drift now? Bronxbull has done this in pretty much every thread she's commented in!

That was meant for those who hinted that when Gujaratis had no problem electing Modiji for 3 terms, why should people from rest of the country have any qualms about doing the same...

Well don't get that irritated in an argument that you lose your balance which u maintained till that post. Big or small north or south each and every state's choice is important as it is they (i mean states) that form India.

You are talking about the aftermath I want to know what exactly led the minority group to undertake such horrific acts? Since you are against riots then please share with us, what made the muslims think that they can commit such a crime in the first place.

PS. People are expendable in India and let me say this clearly "NO PARTY" is above that.

The same factor that makes Hindus think they can participate in riots and go scot-free. State patronage! If you're trying to ask me as to who started the first such riot, I'm afraid it's similar to asking whether the hen came first or the egg. If a muslim grup started riots, round them up and punish them, but don't complicate things further by increasing the scope of riots. How difficult is this logic to understand?

You are free to express your concerns in a civil way dude. That's what a discussion is meant to be. I have expressed my apprehensions pretty lucidly in this section. I have no issues with you bringing facts and good arguments to disprove me. But to merely state dumb things like all Muslims are so and so or all Hindus are so and so is what gets on my nerves.

The thing is ....your replies have nothing to do with the points being raised...you just evade it one way or the other....

I presume he means that Gujarat is fairly homogeneous in it's ethnic, linguistic and religious composition.

India is a different beast altogether.

Put in that way yes but the wording seemed odd there you know.

The same factor that makes Hindus think they can participate in riots and go scot-free. State patronage! If you're trying to ask me as to who started the first such riot, I'm afraid it's similar to asking whether the hen came first or the egg. If a muslim grup started riots, round them up and punish them, but don't complicate things further by increasing the scope of riots. How difficult is this logic to understand?
Nope I am not asking who started first, what I am trying to say is appeasement policies appears to state patronage. The riots in mujaffarnagar is prime example of it.

Back
Top Bottom