What's new

'Gujarat Contemplating Defence Manufacturing Policy'

Shaurya

Reaction score
Good news from Hindu terrorist :smokin:

With a view to encouraging domestic manufacturing of defence equipment, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said his government is contemplating a manufacturing policy in this regard.

"The country is spending huge amount on import of defence equipment. The Gujarat government is planning to come out with a policy for manufacturing defence equipment in the state, Modi said here at an award function.

The industry department in a discussion paper in 2010 had proposed to raise FDI in defence production to 74 per cent from the current 26 per cent, saying it would help ensure technology transfer and funds to effectively replace imports.

India is one of the largest users and importers of conventional defence equipment and ranks among the top ten countries in the world in terms of military expenditure.

India opened up the defence equipment industry to private sector in May 2001. The country imports over USD 8 billion worth of defence equipment and its defence budget is growing at 13.4 per cent annually since 2006-07.

According to estimates, nearly 70 per cent of India's defence requirements are met through imports.

Apart from defence PSUs like Hindustan Aeronautics, Bharat Electronics and BEML private players such as Mahindras, Tatas and Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company are domestic defence equipment suppliers.

The central government's stated aim is to reverse this trend and manufacture 70 per cent or more of its defence needs indigenously.

India spent over Rs 4,42,000 crore in the last ten years on procuring defence equipment for the armed forces from both foreign and Indian players.

news.outlookindia.com | 'Gujarat Contemplating Defence Manufacturing Policy'

Modi = magic + murderer

He's smarter and much more farsighted than other Indian politicians. Let him rule India for a while and serve justice just before he dies of old age. ;)

^
Vote for me and all the dreams you and my countrymen hold will become true.If you just do the needy.Be a man, do the right thing.India will then surely rise.

ah so you are the sickular one too?? hmmm.. disappointed me.. that's why you were protecting maino mata in the P75I thread, hmmm.. it seems the general public seldom learns it's lesson... :) anyways, just like prism said, vote th gandhi dynasty and see India sink faster, Modi is the last hope...

Who in their right mind would stick up for that Indian blood sucking vampire Sonia or whatever her real name is?

Who in their right mind would stick up for that Indian blood sucking vampire Sonia or whatever her real name is?

abdingo, jg100 (or something like that), there's no kami of such great secular people my friend, by the way just had a good idea, if one hindu terrorist is making such a big difference, guess what a hindu taliban will do :lol:

Its a shame... some of you idiots call him a murderer when the courts have ruled otherwise. He is innocent. Modi has the vision and capability to bring India into the 21 st century properly. The only CM to actually tackle the issue of defence.....and here he goes.....this guy not only surprises me, He impresses me 110% of the time.

This statement is coming from a Christian. So to all those who love to bring up his secular credentails, well go suck on it.

Its a shame... some of you idiots call him a murderer when the courts have ruled otherwise. He is innocent. Modi has the vision and capability to bring India into the 21 st century properly. The only CM to actually tackle the issue of defence.....and here he goes.....this guy not only surprises me, He impresses me 110% of the time.

This statement is coming from a Christian. So to all those who love to bring up his secular credentails, well go suck on it.

I am Godless and Free, so you can add this Atheist to Modi's fan list too! :cheers:

Mass Murderer of 3000 + innocent Indian Citizens will never be allowed to become the PM of India.

Back
Top Bottom