What's new

Guardian-India's shoot-to-kill policy on the Bangladesh border

Actually, you are in Canada - so be concerned about your Mounties. Let the real Indians worry about India.

So you would rather kill an innocent? see the argument is not weather we should allow illegal immigration but weather we should be so brutal. The Indian court gives death penalty in the rarest of the rare cases. That's because we want to be a civilized , humane society. What ever the BSF does is just against what India wants itself to be identified with. Such open support of brutality only gives the Bangladeshis a very legitimate reason to hate us.

Let the real soldiers worry about the problems rather than all being real good pacifist arm chair generals.:coffee:

I believe no one here is baying for bangladeshi blood.Certatinly not for innocent ppl.But what about the smugglers/criminals???
Please do pay a visit at the border and you will get an idea about the rampant cow smuggling that goes one down there.

Its easy for us to sit in our cozy rooms and pass judgments about the so called trigger happy bsf personnel.For those of us who have never been in a sticky situation, it does not warrant anybody to pass judgments about security personnel who serve in volatile regions.

Talks about non lethal force implementation sound too so easy a solution no?? Guess why they have never been implemented???
Maybe because this has discussed to death and the fear of the bullet remains the only deterrent.

Actually, you are in Canada - so be concerned about your Mounties. Let the real Indians worry about India.
Yeah , an Indian doodling arnd in defence forums is the real Indian . Right.
You think flags mean anything on this forum ? What a newb!?

Yeah , an Indian doodling arnd in defence forums is the real Indian . Right.
You think flags mean anything on this forum ? What a newb!?

No, the one living and paying taxes in India certainly is. Since you are not an Indian, you will not understand. :no:

Let the real soldiers worry about the problems rather than all being real good pacifist arm chair generals.:coffee:

I believe no one here is baying for bangladeshi blood.Certatinly not for innocent ppl.But what about the smugglers/criminals???
Please do pay a visit at the border and you will get an idea about the rampant cow smuggling that goes one down there.

Its easy for us to sit in our cozy rooms and pass judgments about the so called trigger happy bsf personnel.For those of us who have never been in a sticky situation, it does not warrant anybody to pass judgments about security personnel who serve in volatile regions.

Talks about non lethal force implementation sound too so easy a solution no?? Guess why they have never been implemented???
Maybe because this has discussed to death and the fear of the bullet remains the only deterrent.

Well than don't cry about war crimes when our BDR will be forced to kill a few Indians in return when there will be a bit more conservative government next time. You keep on justifying your misdeeds and we'll keep on promoting your misdeeds to the rest of the world.

Sticky situation? LOL - cowherds and destitute people present a sticky situation? The fear of the bullet is a deterrent? Sure, that explains the lack of illegal immigration - :yahoo: Volatile region? Ahem, it is not exactly Sierra Leone or Baghdad.

No, the one living and paying taxes in India certainly is. Since you are not an Indian, you will not understand. :no:

Well u still didn't get what I said. :no:Huh a dudd .
You "might" be an indian but u do not know everything abt india. you do not know everything that happens in india. hence u r incapable of comprehending why our more informed security forces have finally resorted to such measures. You r not the only person in the world with a conscience .

And just becoz u pay taxes , u do not own the BSF. U do not pay the BSF for their work. U owe them for their work.

Well than don't cry about war crimes when our BDR will be forced to kill a few Indians in return when there will be a bit more conservative government next time. You keep on justifying your misdeeds and we'll keep on promoting your misdeeds to the rest of the world.

Nah i`ll actually welcome if you shoot some retards that decide to cross into your country illegally to smuggle /any nefarious intention and yet cry hoarse when they get shot.

If you see a deterrent as a misdeed, no one,atleast me, will have an issue to make an example out of these cases to warn people what happens when you try to sneak into another country illegally.:)

How are you so sure that that's BSF policy?
I have seen our police operate in my own city and I am very confident about their professionalism. You are right. No one is baying for their blood but no one gives a damn either. And when did "cow" smuggling become the biggest threat to Indian security? There is some real security threat from BD. But making them hostile is the last thing to solve the issue.

You "might" be an indian but u do not know everything abt india. you do not know everything that happens in india. hence u r incapable of comprehending why our more informed security forces have finally resorted to such measures. You r not the only person in the world with a conscience .

And just becoz u pay taxes , u do not own the BSF. U do not pay the BSF for their work. U owe them for their work.

By the way did you get your immigration in Canada? Or, are you living there illegally just like many of you?

Sticky situation? LOL - cowherds and destitute people present a sticky situation? The fear of the bullet is a deterrent? Sure, that explains the lack of illegal immigration - :yahoo: Volatile region? Ahem, it is not exactly Sierra Leone or Baghdad.

NOt cowherds and peasants my frnd....if you have any1 serving down there ask them about cow/goods smuggling.
Its no Sierra LEone/Baghdad but do take into account that personnel serving there have almost nil interaction with the local populace there.The do not understand the local dialect.They are simply carrying out orders.

The fear of the bullet remains credible to all with nefarious intentions.

Please for heavens sake do not question their earnestness for a job that requires far more sacrifices than what neither you me nor any civvy bloke here can offer.

By the way did you get your immigration in Canada? Or are you living there illegally just like many of you?
OHHh.. Finally u came to your true colors. I thought u were bent upon demonstrating some difference btwn u and others.
Anyways, thanks for ur concern.

NOt cowherds and peasants my frnd....if you have any1 serving down there ask them about cow/goods smuggling.
Its no Sierra LEone/Baghdad but do take into account that personnel serving there have almost nil interaction with the local populace there.The do not understand the local dialect.They are simply carrying out orders.

The fear of the bullet remains credible to all with nefarious intentions.

Please for heavens sake do not question their earnestness for a job that requires far more sacrifices than what neither you me nor any civvy bloke here can offer.

And for heavens sake stop justifying something which any civilized person in this god forsaken planet should protest....

I have seen our police operate in my own city and I am very confident about their professionalism. You are right. No one is baying for their blood but no one gives a damn either. And when did "cow" smuggling become the biggest threat to Indian security? There is some real security threat from BD. But making them hostile is the last thing to solve the issue.

Umm i can say that pretty much the policy prior to even the BD war when it was still east pakistan.BSF used to carry out frequent raids into open fields/crossing which were known as cow smuggling hot spots.ANd this was way back in late 60`s and early 70`s...

Cow smuggling is an issue sir. The local populace is quit impoverished.Do respect the fact that A single cow serves as a source of livelihood for many a hungry mouth.
It wouldn`t be nice if someone stole their cow(s) from the pens at night and drove them across the border???

The other threat is illegal weapons entry.There are factions in india that rely on the BD and nepal border to replenish their arms stockade. Yes sir, their list of customers goes deep into the heart of bihar even.

Our informed security forces have FINALLY resorted to such measures? LOL - so what measures did they employ before these FINAL measures? Surely sitting in Iqaluit, Nunavut you must know better. :azn:

I have seen our police operate in my own city and I am very confident about their professionalism.
Stop comparing police with the defence forces. If u have any doubts abt their professionalism , open yahoo answers and ask a question : Does a country called India exist ?

Back
Top Bottom