What's new

Growing Rift Between Hong Kong and Mainland China

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a light beam two hours to travel from Sun to Mars and It takes an Indian two month to dig up something "new" about China.

In Hong Kong, even a janitor makes 30 times more income than the average Indian. :lol:

Even a janitor here, has more economic worth than thirty whole Indians.

And even those Indians here who are not illegal immigrants, live in slums like Chungking Mansions. But this time they have toilets.

when you have to save your life,you will live anywhere;)
and i dont know about hong kong indians so dont believe it;).
you are hardly pressed by indians;)

Me too, I have met Chinese people all over the world, and they always treat me as a brother.

There may be some political differences between the PRC and the ROC, but in the end we are all still a part of the same family, regardless of the politics.

Its sample bias. The pro-independence Taiwanese do not interact with us, so we only talk with the pro-unification Taiwanese overseas. The behavior of Foxconn on the mainland is more typical.

I'm a realistic guy, I know that there's alot of sample bias with Taiwanese and overseas Chinese.

However, HK does not have too much sample bias, since we interact with HKers everyday and of all social levels from street cleaners to CEOs. It's more "real".

What I've noticed is that older Shanghaiers, HKers and probably Singaporeans (never met 1) are extremely competitive. I'm from the inland provinces, and my home province is easy going. I had a HK classmate who attended high school in the US, he was like that, and he told me that it was his parents threatening to cut tuition support if he got low grades.

In the US, we're all in the same boat because we are Chinese and just "fobs" to the Chinese-Americans, "c****" to the whites and blacks, etc, we have to support ourselves, and we're basically all alone. However, when we leave this sort of pressured environment, we go back to our native infighting state.

Now that I think about it, native Mandarin speaking provinces (everything except Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Guangdong, HK basically) are usually more relaxed and easy going. Over here we will just talk about sports, politics or science over a cup of tea while eating the famously spicy food.

If it wasn't for the poverty, we wouldn't have so many migrants desperately going away in the past to become low wage laborers. In the past 5 years things have gotten alot better here, and migrants are coming back.

so if hong kong needs any help,we will think to help them against majority main landers;)
you can live here like fellow tibetans living here;)

LMFAO!!!!!!!! why would anyone want to live in india? LOL india is poorer than sub-sahara africa and you think hong kongers (living in one of the most advanced and developed region in the world) would want to reduce themselves and live in india? HAHAHAHAHA!!

joke of the week.
:rofl:

LMFAO!!!!!!!! why would anyone want to live in india? LOL india is poorer than sub-sahara africa and you think hong kongers (one of the most advanced and developed places in the world) would want to reduce themselves and live in india? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rofl:

good one! nothing better than to wrap up the night with a good joke LOL

Good joke isn't it? :D

LMFAO!!!!!!!! why would anyone want to live in india? LOL india is poorer than sub-sahara africa and you think hong kongers (living in one of the most advanced and developed region in the world) would want to reduce themselves and live in india? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rofl:

good one! nothing better than to wrap up the night with a good joke LOL

if indis is sub saharan then why your leaders come here for business??if we dont have money then why they come here for planting business??;)
chinese already live in many part of india like kolkata......even near my house:rofl:
so get a life and come out from delusions:lol:

LMFAO!!!!!!!! why would anyone want to live in india? LOL india is poorer than sub-sahara africa and you think hong kongers (living in one of the most advanced and developed region in the world) would want to reduce themselves and live in india? HAHAHAHAHA!!

joke of the week.

Most would rather live in NK.

Well fateh71 obviously can't say that kind of stuff in Singapore, considering that ethnic Chinese make up the vast majority of the population. So he says it here instead. :azn:

I am wondering if he is Singaporean to be honest, typically we try not to say anything about the other ethnics on or off the net. Some do but will get told off by others.

The government is strict on ethnic slurring, any such terms used (even on the net) by Chinese, Malay, Indian etc will have heavy consequences. It required though as we strive for racial harmony.

Its sample bias. The pro-independence Taiwanese do not interact with us, so we only talk with the pro-unification Taiwanese overseas. The behavior of Foxconn on the mainland is more typical.

I'm a realistic guy, I know that there's alot of sample bias with Taiwanese and overseas Chinese.

However, HK does not have too much sample bias, since we interact with HKers everyday and of all social levels from street cleaners to CEOs. It's more "real".

What I've noticed is that older Shanghaiers, HKers and probably Singaporeans (never met 1) are extremely competitive. I'm from the inland provinces, and my home province is easy going. I had a HK classmate who attended high school in the US, he was like that, and he told me that it was his parents threatening to cut tuition support if he got low grades.

Now that I think about it, native Mandarin speaking provinces (everything except Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Guangdong, HK basically) are usually more relaxed and easy going. Over here we will just talk about sports, politics or science over a cup of tea while eating the famously spicy food.

If it wasn't for the poverty, we wouldn't have so many migrants desperately going away in the past to become low wage laborers. In the past 5 years things have gotten alot better here, and migrants are coming back.

Could be, I know a lot of Taiwanese who live in Hong Kong. In fact, even the Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou was born here.

If they were pro-DPP then they wouldn't move to HK (or any territory within the PRC), so almost all the Taiwanese we have living here are pro-China. Selection bias, like you said.

But you know, as China gets stronger, people will feel more proud to be Chinese. That's our big advantage in this situation. :)

Most would rather live in NK.

You say that as a joke, but you're probably right to be honest. In Hong Kong we are often obsessed with cleanliness (though not as much as Singapore), especially since the SARS outbreak a while back.

So for us to move to a country like India, which is ranked by Forbes as one of the dirtiest countries in the whole world, that is extremely unlikely. If you tell a Hong Konger that the majority of Indians don't have toilets, they would probably never take a vacation to India in their whole lives.

Whereas the Indian members on this thread are suggesting that we might want to LIVE there! That is the biggest joke I have ever heard. :lol:

Wasn't Brotherhood the racist guy who once called you an Indian who was born and brought up in Hong Kong? :lol:

Now I know the reason behind you keep preferring Mandarin over Cantonese.

Anyway it's nothing shameful to be "locust", everyone should be proud of their identity. Good bye.

Hypocrisy much Abir? :lol:

Or are you on one of your trolling sprees? :D

Typical Indian. :lol:

Hong Kong is 95% Han Chinese, who do you think we will side with, our fellow Chinese brothers in the mainland and overseas... or with hateful Indians like yourself?

Go and sort out your own country first, India is poorer than Africa, yet you guys have superpower delusions that even Americans don't have.

Indians in Hong Kong live in slums like Chungking Mansions, google it for yourself and see. They brought their Indian behaviour with them, but at least they use toilets while they are here.

then maybe they werent given equal opportunities. if they were the indians would have outstripped u people, for eg, just compare the indian and chinese diaspora in western countries. they both are given equal opurtunities and its indians who outperform the chinese

joke of the week.

You say that as a joke, but you're probably right to be honest. In Hong Kong we are often obsessed with cleanliness (though not as much as Singapore), especially since the SARS outbreak a while back.

So for us to move to a country like India, which is ranked by Forbes as one of the dirtiest countries in the whole world, that is extremely unlikely. If you tell a Hong Konger that the majority of Indians don't have toilets, they would probably never take a vacation to India in their whole lives.

Whereas the Indian members on this thread are suggesting that we might want to LIVE there! That is the biggest joke I have ever heard. :lol:

why indeed?

Why Living In India.? Why Italy & Europe Want India For Strong Europe Economy Future - YouTube

Oh yes, clearly Indians have insurmountable talent.

That is why India today has more poverty than the entire continent of Africa.

india also has more rich people than any country in the world (barring USA) did CCP tell u that?

anyway, answer my question. why do indians outperform chinese when given equal opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom