What's new

Growing Rift Between Hong Kong and Mainland China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with Singapore Chinese, or any Oversea Chinese for that matter, we can fight and argue all day, but at the end of the day we can sit down, have a beer and laugh.

I'm very sure there are no deep hatreds among the Chinese.

Well said buddy. :cheers:

At the end of the day we are all Chinese, and the Indians are kidding themselves if they think we will turn on our fellow Chinese, on behalf of Indians of all people. Even the biggest traitors have higher standards than that.

isolated events like this is just that. there may be some bitter feelings and attitude between some hong kongers and mainlanders due to ignorance but nothing close to a "growing rift" like how the article seem to suggest.

it seems to be indians wet dream to have chinese against each other, but when it comes down to dealing with indians, all chinese will come together and kick the indians in the face. in hong kong and mainland, we have a word for indians: "ah san", meaning "the 3rd" because of how indians follow behind and obey every order from their white masters like loyal servants.

And the hong kongers call you locusts, and I do not have to stoop down to your level and remind you turds the racist terms used for chinis too.

As always the chini victim drama queen thanked a racist post, the mods let it be but the pakistani muhajir who thanked that racist piece takes the cake! LOL!

And the hong kongers call you locusts, and I do not have to stoop down to your level and remind you turds the racist terms used for chinis too.

As always the chini victim drama queen thanked a racist post, the mods let it be but the pakistani muhajir who thanked that racist piece takes the cake! LOL!
each chinese cities give 'names' to people from other chinese cities, its common, it happens in the UK and Europ continent too
and also in fact I how those indians 'from' London feel insualted when I say they are the same as those Indians from India..lol

New York has a largest Chinese community outside East and South East Asia. Aside from the local born, they came from everywhere and China and Hong Kong being the majority. I don't know whether because they are from so far away or fear from a strange society, they seem to look at each other as relatives. There also exist a protective feeling for each other, no matter where their origins are.

My current assignment of 'election volunteer' takes me to many Chinese sub communities and homes, and being Chinese myself, I am easily accepted.

"Tang Ren" (Chinese) is a term we call ourselves, Hua Qiao for the ones came SE Asia and Indochina. Even though most probably know they never going back to China to live, but they don't rule out occasion visits. Strangely every one still consider the 'big land' (Mainland, China) as their homes.

The Hong Kong scuffles are not a long term concern. Once the medias lose their selling points and interests, which they will, things will be normal. Chinese don't have a religion that tells them to hate.

In India there is massive rifts between castes/religion/ethnicity etc which is perhaps why they perceive Chinese people to have major rifts as well but we are homogenous society not like India so its hard for them to understand.

In India there is massive rifts between castes/religion/ethnicity etc which is perhaps why they perceive Chinese people to have major rifts as well but we are homogenous society not like India so its hard for them to understand.

in india these things happen all the time. but in china it shouldnt since all of u belong to the same race and ethinicity.

Except the tibetans of course

We chinese are a competitive lot, always trying to outdo the other lol. Among ourselves yes we like to differentiate (HK vs China), (HK vs SG), (China vs SG) the list goes on. But that is among ourselves. When facing people outside of cultures then we band up together (why do you think there are so many China towns around the world)?

Even people in Beijing are also having a go at the people in Shanghai, but deep down I would like to believe we will put aside our differences if need be. That's why I believe China will never attack Taiwan because of the people of China will not allow their leaders to. We are Chinese after all, we share the same traditions that have been passed down for thousands of years. Its only our mindsets that are different.

We chinese are a competitive lot, always trying to outdo the other lol. Among ourselves yes we like to differentiate (HK vs China), (HK vs SG), (China vs SG) the list goes on. But that is among ourselves. When facing people outside of cultures then we band up together (why do you think there are so many China towns around the world)?

Even people in Beijing are also having a go at the people in Shanghai, but deep down I would like to believe we will put aside our differences if need be. That's why I believe China will never attack Taiwan because of the people of China will not allow their leaders to. We are Chinese after all, we share the same traditions that have been passed down for thousands of years. Its only our mindsets that are different.

I agree very much. For attacking Taipei the true name, we won't do that they are still our brothers.

You have said this very well I have meet Chinese in Canada, Europe, Malaysia that have treated me as a brother. We have our differences however we always come together when our Country calls such as the wars with Japan and the USA we must in the process learn from each other be it Taipei or HK.

You have said this very well I have meet Chinese in Canada, Europe, Malaysia that have treated me as a brother. We have our differences however we always come together when our Country calls such as the wars with Japan and the USA.

Me too, I have met Chinese people all over the world, and they always treat me as a brother.

There may be some political differences between the PRC and the ROC, but in the end we are all still a part of the same family, regardless of the politics.

in india these things happen all the time. but in china it shouldnt since all of u belong to the same race and ethinicity.

Except the tibetans of course

We got other Minorities then Tibetans 55 in fact and I'm one of them.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Me too, I have met Chinese people all over the world, and they always treat me as a brother.

There may be some political differences between the PRC and the ROC, but in the end we are all still a part of the same family, regardless of the politics.

Very True like one big family :azn:, we must work to remove the barriers. Taipei or HK, we will learn things from each other.

Personally I've only been to HK twice and that was years ago my current focus is on Taipei, I got relatives buried there however my family has a strict code that we won't visit the Island until Unification I hope we can before I die.

each chinese cities give 'names' to people from other chinese cities, its common, it happens in the UK and Europ continent too
and also in fact I how those indians 'from' London feel insualted when I say they are the same as those Indians from India..lol

Ya ya ya one more chini speaking from his nether end, Indians feel insulted being called Indian, sure mate, locust mentality, nothing else.

Anyways this topic is nothing about India, I only posted because all you turds were making racist comments about indians because hongkongers find you unciviliased, uncouth and like locust. Going by the racist foul mouthed mentality of most of you, they are absolutely right.

anyone would hate a company of a person who is cheap cut copy paste, stealing, faking, gutter oil eating, ill mannered and full of stench nature, Eeew! its natural for HK ppl to have such thoughts about mainlanders.

Typical Indian. :lol:

Hong Kong is 95% Han Chinese, who do you think we will side with, our fellow Chinese brothers in the mainland and overseas... or with hateful Indians like yourself?

Go and sort out your own country first, India is poorer than Africa, yet you guys have superpower delusions that even Americans don't have.

Indians in Hong Kong live in slums like Chungking Mansions, google it for yourself and see. They brought their Indian behaviour with them, but at least they use toilets while they are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom