What's new

Growing Mumbai - The city of Dreams

m8.jpg

m9.jpg

Excellent development! How are the metros in Mumbai, buddy?

actually was there this week and used metro for first time. Sparkling clean in and out BUT most noticeable for me was the relief as one gets into the cool cool cars - was a welcome escape from the hot days they had before the rains. AND cheap! 0.50 cents end to end trip I think!

Starbucks ! :bad:

Gloria Jeans ! :kiss3:

I agree I went to star bucks and puked. I like the local Darshini coffees. Trust me, this place beats Starbucks in EVERYTHING

29_2_2012_23_34_3941_Adiga_Image.jpg

I'm sorry to the OP. I have lived in Bombay several years and moved back to Bangalore. More recently I saw the stunning growth of South Mumbai too. But I won't return to Mumbai. I think Bangalore is better for living. Bangalore boy for life. There is just too much hassle in 'maximum city'

blr%208.jpg

@mrnair any idea of where Dharavi reclamation project is headed?

I agree I went to star bucks and puked. I like the local Darshini coffees. Trust me, this place beats Starbucks in EVERYTHING

I'm sorry to the OP. I have lived in Bombay several years and moved back to Bangalore. More recently I saw the stunning growth of South Mumbai too. But I won't return to Mumbai. I think Bangalore is better for living. Bangalore boy for life. There is just too much hassle in 'maximum city'

blr%208.jpg

Its me or other I like filter coffee of some selected franchisee of Saravana Bhavan more than Star Bucks or Cafe Coffee Day, only thing they are ahead in tons of various varieties.

blr%208.jpg

Those are BJP buildings. That chai store owner believe in Modi.

Its me or other I like filter coffee of some selected franchisee of Saravana Bhavan more than Star Bucks or Cafe Coffee Day, only thing they are ahead in tons of various varieties.

Star Bucks makes the WORST coffee I have ever had. Filter coffee in local outlets is pretty much the best anywhere in the world. Last time I had that disgusting brew in the US and saw the americans lap it up as manna I thought- these guys don't what real coffee tastes like!!!

Mumbai Skyline...That's 50 Kms straight from the cam by Avi Singhal, on Flickr

One clear evening, and one could see Mumbai Skyline all the way from Lonavala's Lion's Point. If I was high enough, I could have seen Pune too from the same point 50kms in the opposite direction. Its amazing how there exists a point (on earth) from where 2 cities more than 200 kms apart, can be seen seen. No wonder the airplane lands before even taking off while commuting between them (a popular joke among people of Pune and Mumbai).

The rainy season is in full swing in Bombay...

cc: Instagram photo by @rohanlilani2 (Rohan Lilani) | Iconosquare

Suburban Bombay...

cc: Instagram photo by @framed_by_malavika (Malavika Mandalappa) | Iconosquare

cc: Instagram photo by @ankit2911 (Ankit Shah) | Iconosquare

http://postimage.org/

Back
Top Bottom