4y52.jpg

vxz1.jpg

wcj2.jpg

syln.jpg

Fort (old city)
63cz.jpg

laht.jpg

cc: Bombaywalla
Fort is my favorite location. i often go there to buy items pertaining to my DSLR.
It also has a nice eatery Pancham puriwala (right opposite to CST lane).
IMG_6690.JPG

here is one shot of Bandra Worli Sea link that has now become a major city landmark.
I took this shot from my car (i wasn't driving) from Bandra end of bridge.

South Bombay was simply great when I stayed there. It has a class and a sense of history that rest of the city lacks and the architecture is so grand. Only problem was too many pigeons, and the roads and footpaths were littered with their waste. I was fascinated with Watson's hotel. Mark Twain stayed there, when he commented on the crows in the city. I hope it can be saved.

DSC_0055.jpg

cc: Coolguyz

Good pictures! Seems like they maintain the cleanliness.
One thing, notice the car going over the speed bump/breaker (as we call them in Karachi)...it is a BMW X1, with a higher ground clearance than most sedans...and it is almost touching the bump. WTF. I never get this idea of stupid speed breakers in South Asia..i though they were only a Karachi thing.....but if you have a car that rides low...like a BMW Z4 or even a Mazda MX-5, good luck enjoying your ride.
I hate it when you can afford anything you want but you can't drive the car you want around the city you inhabit.

Put some pictures of residential area if you can?

The majority of neighbourhoods in the city are mixed-use, meaning they've got residential as well as commercial spaces. Posts #230 to #233 contain photos of residential-only neighbourhoods; also, most of the skyscrapers that you see in the pictures above, are residential.

Good pictures! Seems like they maintain the cleanliness.
One thing, notice the car going over the speed bump/breaker (as we call them in Karachi)...it is a BMW X1, with a higher ground clearance than most sedans...and it is almost touching the bump. WTF. I never get this idea of stupid speed breakers in South Asia..i though they were only a Karachi thing.....but if you have a car that rides low...like a BMW Z4 or even a Mazda MX-5, good luck enjoying your ride.
I hate it when you can afford anything you want but you can't drive the car you want around the city you inhabit.

The city seems to be getting cleaner and cleaner with each passing year, and as far as speed-breakers go, south Asians are a class apart! I hope roads all over are built in accordance with Bangalore city's new TenderSure specs.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom