What's new

Group Captain Abhinandan V to get Vir Chakra from President for the false claim of shooting down F-16 on 27 Feb

My brother was flying CAPs in PAF F16 during that episode. Regarding the doosra banda, the first thing I asked my brother when he could make a call after several CAPs that day was if there were any Vipers down. And he said in very definitive tone that all were accounted for. Also, he named his former colleague (S/L Hassan) and his senior (W/C Nouman) clearly as the ones having shot down Indian AF planes when no one in the public knew about the whole drama just unfolded in the air.

The SU 30 kill might have been unnecessary as the Flankers were still far inside the IOK, trying to avoid the AIM120's engagement zone. But there was a Fox3 call (only two were made that day) and one of the SU30 bit the dust. What I have heard is that pilots couldn't make it. So RIP to the brave crew of the Flanker.

Another fun fact: as soon as American at the PAF bases got to know about the 2-0 kill score, they went ecstatic and actually brought sweets to celebrate the occasion. After all, latest American tech (APG 68v9 radars, Link 16, ALQ-211 and not the least Aim120) had prevailed over the latest Russian (R73 that proved useless, SU30 getting in flames) and perhaps the Israeli tech (Bisons RWR, Radar etc.). I saw them when I visited the PAF base several months later.

Furthermore, the SU30 was shot down from a very long range and the wreckage fell inside the Indian occupied territory. Hence, despite having all the proofs, PAF reluctantly didn't pursue their claim with force. It was noted by intelligence assets on ground in Indian occupied zone, however, that the SU30s wreckage was collected by the Indians and put inside a closed aircraft hanger at one of the airfields nearby (Awantipura I guess).

That Abhinandan guy, how could he claim what he didn't do (shooting down Viper). He couldn't even lock the F16 formations grinding above him, let alone shooting down any thing. He tried to play smart by sneaking in silently but he was locked on by several F16 formations and the AWACS. As soon he crossed the LOC, a Fox 3 call was made and his Bison went down into flames in a few seconds afterwards. Poor chap couldn't know what had hit him.

The actual heavy losses PAF suffered on that fateful morning were the two connected AIM120 C5 (one to a Bison and one to a Flanker, both biting the dust) and some delayed lunches by our pilots.

What Indians feared the most that day, and still do, is the 75 odd PAF F16s capable of wielding their long sticks (AIM120 C5's), which if properly employed, is one hell of a weapon.

You wrote that your brother confirmed to you that there is no F-16 kill.

Can you also let us know if your brother confirmed that a su-30 fell on that day and both pilots lost their lives?

PS: I am asking this question as I want to know if your brother said that about su-30?

@SQ8 - this message is being written with positive intent and not intention to troll.

after our last "discussion" on the reasons for your banning a certain Indian pdfer, I thought I will never vist pdf again.....and did not visit pdf for sometime.

But then, my thoughts needed some distraction and started visiting again.

After last 2 days events in india,(having got disturbed much) I wanted further distraction and started visiting pdf.

One thing I can say is - Indians (meaning ourselves) are big idiots, but Pakistanis are much bigger idiots.

It gives me great pleasure in understanding that there are much bigger idiots than us Indians. But then, the cause of pak stupidity could be the congenital defect.

Nothing will diminish Indian stupidity (or) pak stupidity.

But as long as Pakistanis are more stupid than ourselves, it works for us. Hence, keep it up, pakistanis.

PS: Sometimes, I think Britishers should not have left us.

The reason for giving the "kill" to abhinandan is mentioned by the then IAF chief. I wrote that here too, but it is lost and no pakistani want to listen to it.

However - I don't think Indian govt is giving away this award without confirmation.

Sir Ji,

Yeh dekh lain: https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest-of-world/2019/03/02/falcon-vs-bison-verifying-a-mig-21-wreck/

Namaskar.

@SQ8 - this message is being written with positive intent and not intention to troll.

after our last "discussion" on the reasons for your banning a certain Indian pdfer, I thought I will never vist pdf again.....and did not visit pdf for sometime.

But then, my thoughts needed some distraction and started visiting again.

After last 2 days events in india,(having got disturbed much) I wanted further distraction and started visiting pdf.

One thing I can say is - Indians (meaning ourselves) are big idiots, but Pakistanis are much bigger idiots.

It gives me great pleasure in understanding that there are much bigger idiots than us Indians. But then, the cause of pak stupidity could be the congenital defect.

Nothing will diminish Indian stupidity (or) pak stupidity.

But as long as Pakistanis are more stupid than ourselves, it works for us. Hence, keep it up, pakistanis.

PS: Sometimes, I think Britishers should not have left us.

The reason for giving the "kill" to abhinandan is mentioned by the then IAF chief. I wrote that here too, but it is lost and no pakistani want to listen to it.

However - I don't think Indian govt is giving away this award without confirmation.

You had to return to post that Pakistanis are the bigger idiots after saying your thoughts needed distraction.. and if you don’t see the irony in your need for self fellatio then good luck to you.

He told me about the two Fox3 calls made that day. Since the first Amraam was launched by S/L Hassan at about 70 km range and that too after ingressing inside the IoK, the actual missile impact and the subsequent SU30 coming apart might not be visible in the hud cam video. Having said that, Air intelligence might know better if they actually have other evidence from their assets on the ground inside IoK.

70KM must've broken the longest AA kill record. The previous one is 40KM if I am not mistaken.

I did not read your justification for the President to give an award to a failed and captured warrior. We can defend his eagerness and his ferocity, however, he did lose and was captured which does not merit a medal of the highest order. Anyway.

Coming to your second point, it makes absolutely no sense for IAF and India to back down and NOT respond to Pakistani aggression through PAF the very next day. Had IAF indeed shot down any F-16, let alone any neutral count or confirmation, the IAF and India would have gone on the offensive and would have escalated the Air Battles to try and take out even more PAF Jets.

The only logical conclusion, the only reason IAF backed down and did not even dare respond to PAF's attacks on Indian Occupied Land was the fact that PAF had not only come out on top through better communications and electronic warfare systems but had also made the top of line IAF jets, the SU-30MKI, virtually useless and at the mercy of PAF BVRs which not only outranged the IAF but also shot down the pride of IAF, an SU-30MKI.

This is further confirmed by the speech of your PM in which he rues and regrets the non-availability of Rafale, and how the result could have been different if IAF had Rafale!!

Shameful picture by a shameful country. Zero respect for a country that lies to this extent and gives an award to a loser based on a blatant lie. That whole country is rotten from top to bottom. It’s not just an insult to the Indian military, it is an insult to every military. And for this fool to proudly stand there like he achieved something. Complete disgrace.

1637642050138.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think Abhinandan has claimed a kill yet. It is India media and India airforce that is forcefully claiming however i have yet to see Abhi saying anything on it.

Its getting embarrassing at this point. Giving an award to a pilot for a 'kill' when it has been categorically proven that no such kill was made by the IAF.

1. U.S. count shows no Pakistan F-16s shot down in Indian battle: report

2. Picture of all the missiles of the Mig-21 Bison shown intact by the Pakistani side.
233290_7469792_updates.jpg

3. Third party observers like Alan Warnes and even those that support India like Christine Fair saying with "100% certitude" that there was no F-16 shot down that day.

4. If we are to go by evidence there is a lot more credence in the PAF claim of the SU-30. The Indian side literally admits that AMRAAMs were launched on the SU-30's i.e. the AMRAAM Dodgers patch, not to mention the Indian airforce going about showing the actual AIm-120 C5 PAF had used that day.

IAF pilots get AMRAAM Dodger patches after Wing Commander Abhinandan's air battle,

Back
Top Bottom