What's new

Ground breaking: PM to kick off Khi-Hyd motorway today

The deduction is only made from accounts that are
1-Remunerative.
2-With balance above the threshold.
3-CZ-50 not submitted.
And banks are not destabilized by the zakat deduction which hardly affects the liquidity since a lot of people now submit CZ-50 or maintain current account with the banks.
You did not follow the post properly he was saying what if we cut money directly like we do in Zakat etc. I said cutting money from banks of the people would just cause people to leave banks in droves or in other words if you try forcefully deducting taxes people would not keep their money in banks...

For flooding the route through jehlam does really help because Punjab is not naturally suited for dams. The only solution is broadening the waterways and creating more and more link canals to be able to divert the flood waters over larger areas and hence reducing the intensity. the dams can be built on GB-KPK (Big ones in GB while small dam sites in KPK).
There is a constant lack of funds for dams and other projects in every province and more and more roads are being built for economic activity. The quality of life of the citizens comes before the agenda of the few in most countries but not in Pakistan

Agricultural tax has become a provincial subject post 18th Amendment. The tax exemption on agriculture income is not available with FBR without proof of tax payment with provincial authorities. However, how much do the provinces tax agriculture, is another debate.
It is the job of the federal government to decide taxes and not the province, and do not expect taxes when your assembly is totally full of agriculturalists. this argument of yours is devoid of any logic.

No need for this motor way.
Khi-Hyd already share an agreeable highway with ample space.
It took me just about 2 hours for one way journey in an XLI @ 90-120KMPH.

The PM needs to address other problems and road development within Karachi city. It's shocking to see raw land within some areas of Karachi city still used as a direct means of public transport. Those roads should be taken care of first.

later those roads must be repaired which have been mutilated by some ash-holes shop keepers to get attraction in the way and wrongly rigged up by some douchebags to work as speed breakers, the only things they brake and burst are car shocks and tires.

Some people don't pay attention. GoP is not wasting any federal budget or provincial budget on this motorway.

"FWO to undertake project on BOT basis"

GoP will get Rs.109 Billion as Tax for 25 years. Yet some people here will continue to be in denial and say they are 'wasting'

Super highways connecting major cities are the backbone of any country's thriving economy. Goods have to be transported in bulk to different parts of the country in the least amount of travel time. Why does the US have huge interstate highways? Why do you see so many behemoth 18 wheeler shipment trucks on them? Ask yourself that.

Please stop turning every forum into PML N bashing forum. Pakistan needs to develop/invest in a lot of different infrastructures and building highways is one of the most important infrastructure for the economy. If a infrastructure is going to help the economy then why the bashing? I feel a lot of member's love to bash because of their hatred for PML N. Just try to look at the projects from a different angle.

Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway: We want to bring hearts closer, says PM

KARACHI:
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said that by building a state-of-the-art roads network his government wants to bring closer the hearts of people living across the country.

“We want to bring hearts of people living across the country closer, and linking of the provinces through motorways will develop such a close bond between them,” the premier said on Wednesday while performing the ground-breaking of M-9 Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway, which is the first phase of Lahore-Karachi Motorway. He said the modern road network would not only boost national economy but also help generate employment opportunities and alleviate poverty.

Highlighting the advantages of the project, he said it would eventually benefit billions of people across the region and help create a positive image of Pakistan. The Karachi-Hyderabad section would be completed in two-and-a-half years at a cost of Rs36 billion. The Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) and National Highway Authority will jointly carry out the project.

Premier Nawaz said materialisation of the Lahore-Karachi Motorway project was one of his biggest dreams. “I had a dream to develop such roads which I’m going to fulfill,” he said. The motorway will be constructed in sections, including Hyderabad-Sukkur, Sukkur-Multan and Multan-Lahore, that will link the country from Peshawar to Karachi through a road network.

“This is very unfortunate that we have weak communication network in Pakistan due to which we have failed to be part of the developed world,” the premier regretted. “We should learn from our past and initiate such projects on a war footing.”

Pakistan has talented youth that can play an important role in national development, he said, adding that the government had initiated a number of mega projects in around 20 months and M-9 was part of his vision. The 42-kilometre-long Malir Expressway that would link the Karachi port to M-9 so that commuters do not experience any delays, he added.

While talking about the multibillion-dollar Pakistan-China Economic Corridor project, Premier Nawaz said, “The Sukkur-Multan road will be part of this corridor. After completion of this project, which is being built on modern lines, people will prefer travelling by roads, rather than by air.”

The road network, he further said, would be extended to Kabul. “Among other issues I have also talked to Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on road sector,” the premier said, adding that soon Pakistan’s road network would be connecting Karachi and Gwadar ports to Khunjerab and Central Asian Republics.

He lauded the efforts of FWO in rendering their services while developing the road networks. “The FWO jawans have laid down their lives for linking together strategic areas of the country.”

Published in The Express Tribune, March 12th, 2015.

Despite having a soft corner for maulvis, I recognize the fact that economy is doing fairly well under PML-N. I don't expect any good economic management from Imthedim and his 2.2 gpa taking ministers.

Some people don't pay attention. GoP is not wasting any federal budget or provincial budget on this motorway.

"FWO to undertake project on BOT basis"

99% of People here comment based on their prejudice, when someone is criticizing just for sake of criticizing than details or merit for criticism doesn't matter, they will do it just because they don't like associated people. I am little surprised that cretin brigade haven't arrived yet to bash Army because FWO got the project.

Anyway hope project is completed on time and i hope FWO will be able to build road at par with Lhr-Isb. Good for economy and the people who travel between Hyd & Khi.

No need for this motor way.
Khi-Hyd already share an agreeable highway with ample space.
It took me just about 2 hours for one way journey in an XLI @ 90-120KMPH.

The PM needs to address other problems and road development within Karachi city. It's shocking to see raw land within some areas of Karachi city still used as a direct means of public transport. Those roads should be taken care of first.

later those roads must be repaired which have been mutilated by some ash-holes shop keepers to get attraction in the way and wrongly rigged up by some douchebags to work as speed breakers, the only things they brake and burst are car shocks and tires.
Do you think that it would be enough to handle all the coal transportation required to be done in future and this highway would be enough for next 20 years ? if yes i agree to you .

Despite having a soft corner for maulvis, I recognize the fact that economy is doing fairly well under PML-N. I don't expect any good economic management from Imthedim and his 2.2 gpa taking ministers.
Google this guy called Asad Umar he's also in PTI and definitely a better person and more importantly a better economist than Ishaq Dar. Just last month ICCI and KCCI had protest against the terrible policies of Ishaq Dar.

Google this guy called Asad Umar he's also in PTI and definitely a better person and more importantly a better economist than Ishaq Dar. Just last month ICCI and KCCI had protest against the terrible policies of Ishaq Dar.

And he's pretty much the only educated and experienced person in PTI. I think the development planning is done by Ahsan Iqbal, who's a Wharton graduate.

Do you think that it would be enough to handle all the coal transportation required to be done in future and this highway would be enough for next 20 years ? if yes i agree to you .
well i guess i did not gave much thought about long term.
but the fact remains again. City roads should have been given equal priority if not the first.

I am confused, are they widening the already existent N5 or is a completely new route?

Groundbreaking...God Help Pakistan.

'by Honorable Prime Minster'; does this guy think he's the king of Pakistan?

Honorable is not a royal style, his majesty or his imperial majesty are the styles of kings/emperors. Some of you people just need to pick on every little thing.

I am confused, are they widening the already existent N5 or is a completely new route?

The Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway(M9) has been entrusted to Frontier Works Organisation for the next 25 years on Built-Operate-Transfer basis.

Scope of work is as under:-

1- Widening of 136 km 4 lanes road into 6 Lane facility.
2- Rehabilitation of Existing 4 lanes.
3- Construction of 275 Km 2x Lane Service Road on either side of M-9
4- Construction of 8 x Interchanges.
5-Improvement of Karachi and Hyderabad Toll Plazas into 24 x lane facilities.
6- Introduce Weigh Stations on new interchanges to check overloading
7- Construction of 2 x Service Areas.
8- Construction of 2 x Trauma Centres.

• FWO to undertake the project on BOT Basis through bank financing with no cost to Government Exchequer.

• FWO will pay Rs. 143.1 Billion as NHA share and Rs. 109 Billion as Tax to the Government of Pakistan in next 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom