What's new

Ground breaking: PM to kick off Khi-Hyd motorway today

The Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway(M9) has been entrusted to Frontier Works Organisation for the next 25 years on Built-Operate-Transfer basis.

Scope of work is as under:-

1- Widening of 136 km 4 lanes road into 6 Lane facility.
2- Rehabilitation of Existing 4 lanes.
3- Construction of 275 Km 2x Lane Service Road on either side of M-9
4- Construction of 8 x Interchanges.
5-Improvement of Karachi and Hyderabad Toll Plazas into 24 x lane facilities.
6- Introduce Weigh Stations on new interchanges to check overloading
7- Construction of 2 x Service Areas.
8- Construction of 2 x Trauma Centres.

• FWO to undertake the project on BOT Basis through bank financing with no cost to Government Exchequer.

• FWO will pay Rs. 143.1 Billion as NHA share and Rs. 109 Billion as Tax to the Government of Pakistan in next 25 years.

Okay that is good to know, because i've been hearing of N5 being made into a motorway since the past 15 years. On the other hand, how are they going to carry on the construction? N5 is so freaking crowded, closing even one lane is going to be a major headache?

Okay that is good to know, because i've been hearing of N5 being made into a motorway since the past 15 years. On the other hand, how are they going to carry on the construction? N5 is so freaking crowded, closing even one lane is going to be a major headache?

I think will first add the 3rd Lane on each side so that road can take proper shape after that they will close the 1 side in parts and complete that part just like they are doing in M-2

The Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway(M9) has been entrusted to Frontier Works Organisation for the next 25 years on Built-Operate-Transfer basis.

Scope of work is as under:-

1- Widening of 136 km 4 lanes road into 6 Lane facility.
2- Rehabilitation of Existing 4 lanes.
3- Construction of 275 Km 2x Lane Service Road on either side of M-9
4- Construction of 8 x Interchanges.
5-Improvement of Karachi and Hyderabad Toll Plazas into 24 x lane facilities.
6- Introduce Weigh Stations on new interchanges to check overloading
7- Construction of 2 x Service Areas.
8- Construction of 2 x Trauma Centres.

• FWO to undertake the project on BOT Basis through bank financing with no cost to Government Exchequer.

• FWO will pay Rs. 143.1 Billion as NHA share and Rs. 109 Billion as Tax to the Government of Pakistan in next 25 years.

So FWO will pay average of Rs 10 billion every year to GoP for 25 years? Sone pe sohaga

Can someone tell this thakeydaar PM to build some school system and university as well?

Nations are built on education not on motorways, idiot!

well i guess i did not gave much thought about long term.
but the fact remains again. City roads should have been given equal priority if not the first.
Malir express way was also announced , that is a 42 km long expressway that will pass through the city which will link to the khi lhr motorway , however the roads onside the city is provincial govts responsibility .

So FWO will pay average of Rs 10 billion every year to GoP for 25 years? Sone pe sohaga
FWO is a government department. The message I get from this thread is that FWO will take loans from banks. Transform this super highway into a motorway. Collect toll from the vehicles travelling on this road. Pay back loans to the banks and at the same time pay tax to the government. This could mean that the toll for people travelling on super highway will increase when it becomes a motorway.
A few days ago I went on motorway. The minimum toll now is 40 rupees. An increase since I last traveled on motorway a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom