What's new

PM orders completion of Lahore-Karachi Motorway by 2015

will somebody put me out of my misery and please tell me if this guy is talking about building a new motorway along N-5 or upgrading the existing N-5?

Stupid decision ... wasting money on Road , when we lack funds for Iran Pakistan gas pipline and welfare for people

Better investment would have been 1-2 Billion USD COMPLETE RAILWAYS OVER HAUL
900 Railway Engines and Maintenance contract with Chinese company and Transfer of technology

20090903121120718.jpg

Highway means - More people will drive - More fuel will be speant - and freight that travels on roads will result in higher food prices

I will highly suggest rather than building a Motorway he should work on Highway, or he needs to increase the weight limit for trucks to get on to the motorway.
Transport of the goods is usually done through trucks, and many might know but trucks always carry overload, lets just say if the limit is 70 ton on Highway they will put 85-90, currently the limit for motorways is 35 ton. more than that and you are not getting on motorway.

This is why truck drivers use small roads and N-5 highway.
So when we talk about helping businesses than Motorway is not a smart move dear.

They should put a Toll on the highway for Trucks , specially the ones going to Afghanistan

$2.00 USD / travel on direction or per KM travel charges if its carrying international cargo

menu road wikha mera mode bany oyee mama bijli de phly bijli

Bhai you live in Islamabad. Lahore main 6 saal say light nahi a rahi. Islamabad, KPK aur Sindh main abhi jani shuru hoye hai. Itna shoor PPP kay dor main kiyon nahi machaya tum logon nay??? Jaldi humay honi chahiye. Lahore ki garmi ziada tung karti hai Islamabad aur Peshawar say. We Lahoris want prosperous Pakistan. Which can only be possible by having good and strong relations with China and India. These motorways and bullet trains will connect China and Pakistan and increase business for us and them. More jobs for every one. Plus 75% Pakistanis nay abhi tak Karachi nahi daikha aur 80% Karachites na Lahore aur Islamabad nahi daikha. These motorways will connect us together into one nation. So please stop this bullshit of "pehlay roti do" or "pehlay bijli do" etc.

I really wonder what is the vision of this man? Why he is so obsessed with roads? Is there something to do with huge commissions? Lahore-Karachi motorway would cost not less then PKR 600 billions. Our economy is in so much bad shape. Just couple of days ago you got a bale-out package from IMF. What are the priorities? Distance of Lahore and Karachi is approx. 1250 kms. You already have got a rail and road link. The road from Lahore-Karachi is quite good (as Daewoo is operating bus service on the same road, and they do so only if the road meet a certain standard). Why dont Mr. Nawaz spent some money on existing rail link? Why dont he invest on double railway line? Why not on investing in electric engines to replace diesel ones?

Cost wise, maintenance wise and long term handling of cargo and transportation Railways are 10 times better then roads. God knows when we will get a sincere and clean leader. A visionary who could plan for atleast 50 years ahead.
why not invest in coal based power plants or bhasha /dasu/munda/small dams they will be more productive
there are road links to karachi along with the partial completed motorway

PML N should know how to prioritize whats important first
motorway is very important but for now focus should be on power sector and small and large dams

why not invest in coal based power plants or bhasha /dasu/munda/small dams they will be more productive
there are road links to karachi along with the partial completed motorway

PML N should know how to prioritize whats important first
motorway is very important but for now focus should be on power sector and small and large dams

You are right but i may disagree a little with you. Everything is important for the development of country. The thing is "Priority" and "Economically Viable" "Self Sustaining" projects.
Investment in Railway is important because of many reasons. If you look at the map of Pakistani and take "River Indus" as baseline. The areas East of Indus river are more developed as compared to West side. Reason being, because of less infrastructure like road and rail there. We are unable to utilize Gwadar port even after 12 years of its build just because there is no direct link of rest of country with Gwadar.

Our Country even after 65 years of independence is still benefiting from Railway system installed by British. On the other hand Roads need constant maintenance. Railway is also safe from all aspects. Can carry much load. Fuel efficient.

one one sode the ganja brothers come on tv and say khazana khali ha ... one the other hand the start expensive projects ..
No wonder kar utaro mulk sawaro scheme failed badly, the brother like to make monuments to show off for election ..the whole campioning for this election was on metro ...

One of the great pleasures of Pakistan is driving on the motorways. I imagine this is what was envisaged by the inventors of the Autobahn, a long beautiful length of tarmac, almost devoid of traffic, well built, beautiful scenery, and foot down rocketing at over 100 MPH. Wow. - Except I got caught and fined Rs700, he said to me "sir, we could not let you go, you were well over 150KPH, please, pay at the toll booth". I slowed down after that. But in between the drive was fantastic, you cannot get that anymore in Europe, too full with cars and trucks, lucky if you can maintain national speed for the full duration of a journey.

The LHR-KHI motorway will do wonders for the free movement of people and goods, whole econonmies will open up due to this simple thing the freedom to move. The motorway offers more choice and freedoms, it will pay back the investment much sooner then people here realise.

I also agree we need to invest in rail too. That is another link in the integrated transport infrastructure of the country.

Roads, rail, airports and seaport should be tight bound to offer the full choice to people.

One of the great pleasures of Pakistan is driving on the motorways. I imagine this is what was envisaged by the inventors of the Autobahn, a long beautiful length of tarmac, almost devoid of traffic, well built, beautiful scenery, and foot down rocketing at over 100 MPH. Wow. - Except I got caught and fined Rs700, he said to me "sir, we could not let you go, you were well over 150KPH, please, pay at the toll booth". I slowed down after that. But in between the drive was fantastic, you cannot get that anymore in Europe, too full with cars and trucks, lucky if you can maintain national speed for the full duration of a journey.

The LHR-KHI motorway will do wonders for the free movement of people and goods, whole econonmies will open up due to this simple thing the freedom to move. The motorway offers more choice and freedoms, it will pay back the investment much sooner then people here realise.

I also agree we need to invest in rail too. That is another link in the integrated transport infrastructure of the country.

Roads, rail, airports and seaport should be tight bound to offer the full choice to people.

Fully Agreed Bro Just Riding It Is A Pleasure In Itself

I thought 2015 it was suppose to complete, it still is in its preliminary stage....but we need new routes, new roads, new town and new places integrated, and it should be the fastest route between lahore and karachi !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom