What's new

GRIPEN CALENDER 2012

Depends on what you mean with lethal. As far as I'm concerned, the Gripen 39E would be every bit as lethal as the Rafale if not more. From the available sources, it has a smaller frontal RCS, it can use the Meteor to its full extent where's the Rafale's Meteor is only fitted with a one-way link, the Gripens AESA is in the same league as the Rafales RBE2, but it arguably has a better connection with the IRST system and a wider coverage. In BVR combat, I believe the Gripen is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Saab has declared many times that they need an important strategic partner to survive in the future where fighter jet orders become smaller due to the price of the planes. Also one of the reasons as to why Saab has offered so rich industrial off-sets.

SAAB has many times indicated that is going to go beyond the industrial off-sets and ToT with regard to MMRCA. Alas, India could not latch the opportunity.

No Miss Sage, you have no idea on what you are talking about, and it is better to keep quite than keep babbling on matters you have no idea of. Why don;t you post something on how fair Pakistanis are as compared to Indians. That suits you better :lol:

Obviously you had no response to the points I raised so you chickened out and changed the topic.

You obviously live in your little World with no idea how things are handled in real world of Finance.

Defence companies stock is not sold on cash and carry basis. Even in New York Stock Exchange, if you acquire a stock of more than 5% of a company, you have to declare and identify yourself. You cannot acquire a controlling interest in a defence related company without clearance from US govt. Similar laws exist in all European countries including Sweden.

However, such Defence Manufacturers are open to Joint Ventures and Saab AB could be lured into a joint venture withan Indian Contractor. That is an opportunity that most countries have to have a Transfer of Technology.

By the way there is no company called Lockheed anymore. It merged with another company called Martin Marietta in 1995 and the new company is called Lockheed Martin. Your knowledge of Finance matters is Pathetic and I think you should stick to playing with dolls, little girl,

Obviously you had no response to the points I raised so you chickened out and change the topic.

You obviously live in your little World with no idea how things are handled in real world.

Defence companies stock is not sold on cash and carry basis. Even in New York Stock Exchange, if you acquire a stock of more than 5% you have to declare and identify yourself. You cannot acquire a controlling interest in a defence related compoany without clearance from US govt.

By the way there is no company called Lockheed anymore. It merged with another company called Martin Mariettain 1995 and the new company is called Lockheed Martin. Your knowledge of Finance matters is Pathetic and I think you should stick to playing with dolls, little girl,

No Missy, I earn my living dealing with these matters day in day out and please don't teach me about finance, deal transactions or investing - I have a graduate degree specializing in finance from one of the finest business schools of the world.

No Missy, I earn my living dealing with these matters day in day out and please don't teach me about finance, deal transactions or investing - I have a graduate degree specializing in finance from one of the finest business schools of the world.

You may have a graduate Degree, I teach Finance at Columbia and NYU Graduate School. You get an F as far as I am concerned because you don't have a clue how Financial Markets work and how National Laws apply to these Financial Markets.

BTW, I don't consider any of UK Schools as finest institutions in Finance.

You may have a graduate Degree, I teach Finance at Columbia and NYU Graduate School. You get an F as far as I am concerned because you don't have a clue how Financial Markets work and how National Laws apply to these Financial Markets.

BTW, I don't consider any of UK Schools as finest institutions in Finance.

I went to Columbia Business School for some of my electives. By the way which finance subject do you teach?

If you don't consider London Business School not to be finest than you have to go to a doctor to check you head. By the way do you know that London Business School and Columbia Business School are sister schools where there is regular exchange of faculty and students?

For your information

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/london-business-school

I went to Columbia Business School for some of my electives. By the way which finance subject do you teach?

The week long seminar you may have attended does not qualify as credits as far we are concerned. I have talked to some students from London Business School attending Workshops and claiming they attended Columbia. Attending a week long Workshop/Seminar does not mean you took electives. They are a joke and so are you. You cannot take elective subjects running a full length of a Seminar without being admitted to Columbia as a graduate student. A week long seminar held by some professors does not mean you have elective at Columbia.

The week long seminar you may have attended does not qualify as credits as far we are concerned. I have talked to some students from London Business School attending Workshops and claiming they attended Columbia. Attending a week long Workshop/Seminar does not mean you took electives. They are a joke and so are you. You cannot take elective subjects running a full length of a Seminar without being admitted to Columbia as a graduate student. A week long seminar held by some professors does not mean you have elective at Columbia.

Missy, you have no idea what you are talking about. I was there for a whole semester( 3 months). Took 4 of my electives that counted towards my grade :lol:

Missy, you have no idea what you are talking about. I was there for a whole semester( 3 months). Took 4 of my electives that counted towards my grade :lol:

Like I said you are delusional so keep living in your lala land. Hope you come down to mother Earth soon when the effect of drugs wears off.

Learn about laws governing buying controlling share of stocks in the Defence Sector.

Like I said you are delusional so keep living in your lala land. Hope you come down to mother Earth soon when the effect of drugs wears off.

Learn about laws governing buying controlling stocks in Defence Sector.

And for your information no London Business School student claim that we are from Columbia. London Business School is enough of a credential to get you a Job at some of worlds top companies. Anyway, FT ranks London higher than Columbia. We were ranked number one in the world for three consecutive years.

For you information, nothing can stop someone from attempting to acquire or buying controlling stocks in Lockheed Martin or Boeing, but for the Golden Share that US government may use to veto it. There is no separate laws that govern M&A activities in Defense Sector

SAAB has many times indicated that is going to go beyond the industrial off-sets and ToT with regard to MMRCA. Alas, India could not latch the opportunity.
Well Saab has tried to pitch the Gripen in various areas in India. If India were to jump of the indigenous LCA Tejas, Saab would probably be able to offer India the possibility to make a license production of the Gripen to quickly replace the MiG-21s with proven aircraft.

No company will have a tag 'acquire me', unless declared bankrupt under national laws.

SAAB Gripen doesn't have the muscle to take on Lockheed or Boeing. It require markets to survive and India could have provided a huge captive market, and at the same time India badly requires defense tech that SAAB has. The synergies alone could have been worth Billions of dollar for both parties. It would have been win win for both.

What a screwed up analogy. I mean, seriously, where did they intend to compete with Boeing or Lockheed? They created a new plane to help upgrade Sweden's airforce. They should profit from that alone, and if any export orders are received , that is a bonus for the program. Gripen's program cost was much lower than the billions dished out on the Typhoon and Rafale.

Just because my firm develops software for computers doesn't mean we are competing with Microsoft.

What a screwed up analogy. I mean, seriously, where did they intend to compete with Boeing or Lockheed? They created a new plane to help upgrade Sweden's airforce. They should profit from that alone, and if any export orders are received , that is a bonus for the program. Gripen's program cost was much lower than the billions dished out on the Typhoon and Rafale.

Just because my firm develops software for computers doesn't mean we are competing with Microsoft.

Didn't they compete in MMRCA?

As regarding MS and your company, you don't make OS and office suites. Do you?

And for your information no London Business School student claim that we are from Columbia. London Business School is enough of a credential to get you a Job at some of worlds top companies. Anyway, FT ranks London higher than Columbia. We were ranked number one in the world for three consecutive years.

For you information, nothing can stop someone from attempting to acquire or buying controlling stocks in Lockheed Martin or Boeing, but for the Golden Share that US government may use to veto it. There is no separate laws that govern M&A activities in Defense Sector

Jade,

The fact that you brought in an entirely screwed up analogy to a thread that is about Gripen Calender, speaks well of your mental abilities or lack thereof. What a waste of education.

I'll make sure to cross off both, LBS and Columbia, from my graduate schools list to apply to. But wait, not all people are that stupid. DUh!

Didn't they compete in MMRCA?

Read the thread title again.

What a joke ?

Ranked as number one by whom ? Financial Times ?

Nobody in the World considers Financial Times ratings as credible.

Wharton School of Business and Columbia rules the roost in the World of Business Schools.

London Business School don't even belong in top 20...

I am beginning to think you are beyond delusional.

Jade,

The fact that you brought in an entirely screwed up analogy to a thread that is about Gripen Calender, speaks well of your mental abilities or lack thereof. What a waste of education.

I'll make sure to cross off both, LBS and Columbia, from my graduate schools list to apply to. But wait, not all people are that stupid. DUh!

Read the thread title again.

It was an old thread. Lander reopened it, and I being a fan of Gripen, lamented the option by our Government. What is wrong?

What a joke ?

Ranked as number one by whom ? Financial Times ?

Nobody in the World considers Financial Times ratings as credible.

Wharton School of Business and Columbia rules the roost in the World of Business Schools.

London Business School don't even belong in top 20...

I am beginning to think you are beyond delusional.

Financial Times is not a credible newspaper??? And you teach finance :lol: Which schools you said?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Times

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom