What's new

Greg Chappell again hits at India's heart

When you are losing, every Tom, Dick & Harry will know the reason for the same.

"The Poms (British) taught them really well to keep their head down. For if someone was deemed to be responsible, they'd get punished. So the Indians have learned to avoid responsibility. So before taking responsibility for any decisions, they prefer not to," Chappell was quoted as saying by a website at a promotional event for his book 'Fierce Focus'.

This is blatant racism and stereotyping of over a billion people should be unacceptable. Unfortunately too many in our neighbourhood treat the white man's word with too much respect. I am surprised that Indian members are not more outraged at these comments

Chappel should be reminded that the Brits sent convicts to Australia and that maybe that's why their cricket team is so disciplined because their ancestors are used to being put into jail and sent far away from home lol

Greg Chappell - is a grotesque racist moron - he screwed up with the Indian team and removed Ganguly as he wanted to show his power. Well now he wants to down India? He should lock himself up and retire his mouth.

Most Australians are not migrants from Europe they are fugitives,criminals and convicts sent from their motherland Briton. Now this guy is giving lessons to Indians, he should first know his roots and then talk. This is the same guy, out of fear asked the bowler to throw an under arm ball, to avoid his teams defeat. No need take lessons from this Idiot better ignore his comments.
One thing is sure these Australians envy Dhoni and his natural instincts of leadership.

It's a game of pros & cons... & we all know who the 'pros' are & who the 'cons'...

This is blatant racism and stereotyping of over a billion people should be unacceptable. Unfortunately too many in our neighbourhood treat the white man's word with too much respect. I am surprised that Indian members are not more outraged at these comments

Chappel should be reminded that the Brits sent convicts to Australia and that maybe that's why their cricket team is so disciplined because their ancestors are used to being put into jail and sent far away from home lol

Ignorance is not racism and i wouldnt talk about racism because despite the guy being australian you bring up white people as always..so its not hard to see where the fustration is.To much respect is better then no respect hey and i dont see anyone respecting his comments not even i do.

Most Australians are not migrants from Europe they are fugitives,criminals and convicts sent from their motherland Briton. Now this guy is giving lessons to Indians, he should first know his roots and then talk. This is the same guy, out of fear asked the bowler to throw an under arm ball, to avoid his teams defeat. No need take lessons from this Idiot better ignore his comments.
One thing is sure these Australians envy Dhoni and his natural instincts of leadership.

You should know your facts then talk because only about 15% of australians descend from convicts and not many people associate with britian being our "motherland" does Pakistan call India its motherland.

what you expect from white people

Coming from a country with a bunch of terrorists who are on the same level of racism with the KKK and even more extreme.

Or how about this guy http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/164075-greg-chappell-again-hits-indias-heart-2.html trying to keep indians from posting in his topic thats very not racist:)

You should know your facts then talk because only about 15% of australians descend from convicts and not many people associate with britian being our "motherland" does Pakistan call India its motherland.

Coming from a country with a bunch of terrorists who are on the same level of racism with the KKK and even more extreme.

Or how about this guy http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/164075-greg-chappell-again-hits-indias-heart-2.html trying to keep indians from posting in his topic thats very not racist:)

look aussie, even aussie flag has a tine brit flag on the left, it is ripped of union jack, second, the queen vitoria was used to be australian monarch and not long time ago you guys sung god save the queen.

He trolled here alright against the spirit of the game when he told his brother Trevor to bowl underarm

Yuck, what a disgrace...should kick BCCI who took this moron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

There is nothing rascist about it----rather it is a very honest assessment of the stuation---and that includes pakistan as well---..

My 30 years experience in the u s tells me that whitey who comes out and says things like that openly is not a enemy of india or pakistan but a true well wisher. The only time they make comments like that---they really mean it from the heart and want us to learn and make that change that is needed to bring difference in our lives.

And Chappel is right----the british pummelled us to the ground and took our honor away. I want to thank Greg for his honesty---he must truly have passion for the indians to speak up like that.

LOL, that's what the Indians here say about Chinese people all the time. :lol:

From yesterday:
I think you have a index to all the troll post that were posted here so that you can justify your trolling in any thread.
Got to say though I am impressed of you for maintaining such a Index, yet you troll a lot than any other member at PDF.

Thiruvalluvar the great poet from Tamil nadu said "Nandri marapadhu nandrandru, nandrallathu andrea marapathu nandru" which means do not forget the good deeds you recived but forget the bads immediatly.

This poet lived 2000 years ago and he contributed 1330 unique sentences which still stands true for modern man and gives guidance to the people who follow it to lead a life of peace and prosperity.

Probably you need to read it in Chinese Thirukural

Updated Mar 07, 2012 at 08:28pm IST
Greg Chappell again hits at India's heart

"The (Indian) culture is very different; it's not a team culture. They lack leaders in the team because they are not trained to be leaders. From an early age, their parents make all the decisions, their schoolteachers make their decisions, their cricket coaches make the decisions," Chappell said.

"The culture of India is such that if you put your head above the parapet someone will shoot it. Knock your head off. So they learn to keep their head down and not take responsibility.

"The Poms (British) taught them really well to keep their head down. For if someone was deemed to be responsible, they'd get punished. So the Indians have learned to avoid responsibility. So before taking responsibility for any decisions, they prefer not to," Chappell was quoted as saying by a website at a promotional event for his book 'Fierce Focus'.

Chappell lacked man management skills and tried this school master approach based upon his above reflected opinion and there was a brief fall for India in the otherwise India's golden period in cricket which started with the defeat of Aussies in Calcutta in 2001 and ended with the World cup win in 2011. I believe this was due to the colllective responsibility and steely approach exhibited by the seniors like Ganguly, Dravid, Kumble, Tendulkar.

But I agree with his take about Indians in general. Indians are shielded by their parents till they complete their education - because the parents make tons of sacrifice, they feel they have the moral authority in making decisions while the kids being well protected shirk away from taking responsibilities. Another biggest bane is the respect the elders moral value taken too far - this makes a typical Indian believe that the elders are always right and most of them do not question their elders even when they feel the elders are wrong.

Chappell lacked man management skills and tried this school master approach based upon his above reflected opinion and there was a brief fall for India in the otherwise India's golden period in cricket which started with the defeat of Aussies in Calcutta in 2001 and ended with the World cup win in 2011. I believe this was due to the colllective responsibility and steely approach exhibited by the seniors like Ganguly, Dravid, Kumble, Tendulkar.

But I agree with his take about Indians in general. Indians are shielded by their parents till they complete their education - because the parents make tons of sacrifice, they feel they have the moral authority in making decisions while the kids being well protected shirk away from taking responsibilities. Another biggest bane is the respect the elders moral value taken too far - this makes a typical Indian believe that the elders are always right and most of them do not question their elders even when they feel the elders are wrong.
I dont belive in the bolded part, todays Kids are questioning every thing. My personal experiance with my dad is that he has given me ample freedom in making my choice and has stood by me when i am right and has not opposed/supressed me when i make a bad choice but just let me know what/where i might end up when i am taking a wrong turn. and most parents today are not controlling their kids, neither is that practice now practiced in schools.

I dont belive in the bolded part, todays Kids are questioning every thing. My personal experiance with my dad is that he has given me ample freedom in making my choice and has stood by me when i am right and has not opposed/supressed me when i make a bad choice but just let me know what/where i might end up when i am taking a wrong turn. and most parents today are not controlling their kids, neither is that practice now practiced in schools.

Not sure how old you are and maybe your generation would turn up as excellent leaders if what you say is the general approach among the newer generation of Indians - I see this trait with the kids from TCS, Wipro who come to work in my company where they are very hesitant to push back their managers and allow their managers to decide the workload for them.

Back
Top Bottom