What's new

Featured Greece to Buy 18 Rafale Fighters, Four New Frigates to Boost Defense

BTW, why you folks are discussing about war between Greece vs Turkey?

I believe, Turks aren't idiot enough (even with mr Erdogan on helm) to go to war or any skirmish with any country when Turkish economy is in bad situation. And, Greece ain't going to gain anything by taking Turkish land.

They're just doing arms race as a body building competition...
But we don't want to take any Turkish land. I mean we would love to have our old lands back,but we're not trying to. And we can't.
Erdogan wants ours and the Greek Cypriot's EEZ and Akar demands that we "de-militarize the Eastern Aegean islands" because he said they pose a threat to Turkey. Their MHP partner in government wants the Dodecanese "back to Turkey" or something.

It's like...imagine

India_Pakistan_China_Disputed_Areas_Map.png

But we don't want to take any Turkish land. I mean we would love to have our old lands back,but we're not trying to. And we can't.
Erdogan wants ours and the Greek Cypriot's EEZ and Akar demands that we "de-militarize the Eastern Aegean islands" because he said they pose a threat to Turkey. Their MHP partner in government wants the Dodecanese "back to Turkey" or something.

It's like...imagine

View attachment 781101
I have no idea about Turkey vs Greece problem. So I dont want to comment on this issue. I hope, both of you folks are ready to give some room for diplomatic solution.

I have no idea about Turkey vs Greece problem. So I dont want to comment on this issue. I hope, both of you folks are ready to give some room for diplomatic solution.
We've been trying,but just like Pakistan vs India,the Turks say "We're trying to solve this peacefully,but Greece is provoking us".
Basically whatever we say,they say the opposite. The Americans want balance in the region. They don't want us or the Turks getting stronger,they want us to have a balance.

So what zone in the sea is greek around our islands? Please tell.

The usual 12 nm. Your EEZ should be half the distance between coasts of both mainlands.

The usual 12 nm. Your EEZ should be half the distance between coasts of both mainlands.
But that's the thing: We are on the 6 nm. We have the right to expand to 12 nm,but Turkey has always declared that as "casus belli".

So we haven't expanded to 12 miles yet.
48pnyonjrfv01.jpg

But that's the thing: We are on the 6 nm. We have the right to expand to 12 nm,but Turkey has always declared that as "casus belli".

So we haven't expanded to 12 miles yet.
View attachment 781150

Its 12 if the neighbor mainland is not at a stone throw. Also you EEZ is half way from coast to coast.

Thats exactly what we have right now.

I might add that this is nonsense from turkey side anyways. They cant explore the gas fields without our consent, so its all hot air. This exploration is done by sonic waves. The exploration ship needs calm seas to do so. Greece and Cyprus constantly send ships in the area when the turks tried their stunts. The loud motorsounds make any exploration impossible. So i say it should stay that way, make lots of noise when they are out and keep the status quo.

Turkey is in conflict with Creece, Cyprus, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Israel and so on?
Absolutely. Erdogan succeed in beeing in crisis with nearly all the non muslim world.
Turkey hosts the most refugees, did anyone tap them on the back for that?
Agree. And it costs a lot to EU. Add to that that Erdogan used of these refugees to make diktats to EU....

Absolutely. Erdogan succeed in beeing in crisis with nearly all the non muslim world.

Agree. And it costs a lot to EU. Add to that that Erdogan used of these refugees to make diktats to EU....

Since Greece blocks the border now and busted Erdogans little rasom attack last year, he cant pull that anymore. It was fun to watch when he send hordes of migrants and nobody made it through. After few weeks Erdogan stopped it. Thats how one must deal with him, he understands only that language.

Look,I will explain why Turkey is double-faced because I'm sure most of the Pakistanis and maybe others like Iranians or Arabs here,have no clue about what the Erdogan government has been saying and acting like.

I will tag some people that I respect and like,so they too can read this and get another view of what's going on in the area
@Windjammer @PakFactor @LeGenD @Sainthood 101 @Homajon @Battlion25 @Gomig-21

• When it came to Cyprus,the Turkish government proudly talked about how the TRNC is an independent country and how they want a two State-solution etc. However,the last 3-4 years,when the Greek Cypriot side decided to search for oil and gas reserves on their EEZ and that is on their side,the Turkish government said "It is one island and Turkish Cypriots must have part of the profits too". They then threatened with relatiation,if the Greek Cypriots drilled.
  • Erdogan and Akar had been warning Greece in public speeches and statements,not to chew more than they can bite,that Turkey was out of their league and that Turkey is a superpower. At the same time however,Hulusi Akar and others in the Turkish government,complained that the small garisson at Kastelorizo is a threat to Turkey and they demanded that we demilitarize the islands of Eastern Aegean,because they are a threat to them.
  • The last few years there is a constant rhetoric by Erdogan and his government about "Mavi Vatan",which encompasses the entire Eastern Aegean part of Greece,much of the Greek EEZ and almost all of the Greek Cypriot EEZ. However,in public speeches,messages and diplomatic statements,the Turkish ministers have been accusing Greece of "maximalist policies".
  • Turkey,had been bragging about its military power and how easy they can destroy us,if they want. But now they are accusing us of an arms race with them.
  • Erdogan bought S-400s from Russia and now wants to buy a second batch of S-400s,jet fighters,submarines and other weapons and equipment from Putin,even though he already caused the displeasure of the Americans and many others in NATO. Now Turkey says that "Greece and France's alliance is damaging NATO".
  • Throughout 2019 and 2020,we've had provocations: Turkish coast guard or navy vessels ramming or charging right at Greek ones,Turkish ships sailing close to Greek islands,the targeting of French ships,firing against Hellenic Police at Evros and the usual violations of the FIR by Turkish F-16s. All that,pushed us into buying all these new weapons and upgrading our army. But now the Turks say "Instead of talking things out with us,the Greeks are arming themselves".

Do you see now,how schizophrenic the AKP government's foreign policy in the area is? They might kick you,slap you,call you names and then go like "Hey,I only want peace. I don't want any trouble. Give me your money. If you have any problems with me why don't you talk to me,why do you have to bring in your dad?"

Look,I will explain why Turkey is double-faced because I'm sure most of the Pakistanis and maybe others like Iranians or Arabs here,have no clue about what the Erdogan government has been saying and acting like.

I will tag some people that I respect and like,so they too can read this and get another view of what's going on in the area
@Windjammer @PakFactor @LeGenD @Sainthood 101 @Homajon @Battlion25 @Gomig-21

• When it came to Cyprus,the Turkish government proudly talked about how the TRNC is an independent country and how they want a two State-solution etc. However,the last 3-4 years,when the Greek Cypriot side decided to search for oil and gas reserves on their EEZ and that is on their side,the Turkish government said "It is one island and Turkish Cypriots must have part of the profits too". They then threatened with relatiation,if the Greek Cypriots drilled.
  • Erdogan and Akar had been warning Greece in public speeches and statements,not to chew more than they can bite,that Turkey was out of their league and that Turkey is a superpower. At the same time however,Hulusi Akar and others in the Turkish government,complained that the small garisson at Kastelorizo is a threat to Turkey and they demanded that we demilitarize the islands of Eastern Aegean,because they are a threat to them.
  • The last few years there is a constant rhetoric by Erdogan and his government about "Mavi Vatan",which encompasses the entire Eastern Aegean part of Greece,much of the Greek EEZ and almost all of the Greek Cypriot EEZ. However,in public speeches,messages and diplomatic statements,the Turkish ministers have been accusing Greece of "maximalist policies".
  • Turkey,had been bragging about its military power and how easy they can destroy us,if they want. But now they are accusing us of an arms race with them.
  • Erdogan bought S-400s from Russia and now wants to buy a second batch of S-400s,jet fighters,submarines and other weapons and equipment from Putin,even though he already caused the displeasure of the Americans and many others in NATO. Now Turkey says that "Greece and France's alliance is damaging NATO".
  • Throughout 2019 and 2020,we've had provocations: Turkish coast guard or navy vessels ramming or charging right at Greek ones,Turkish ships sailing close to Greek islands,the targeting of French ships,firing against Hellenic Police at Evros and the usual violations of the FIR by Turkish F-16s. All that,pushed us into buying all these new weapons and upgrading our army. But now the Turks say "Instead of talking things out with us,the Greeks are arming themselves".

Do you see now,how schizophrenic the AKP government's foreign policy in the area is? They might kick you,slap you,call you names and then go like "Hey,I only want peace. I don't want any trouble. Give me your money. If you have any problems with me why don't you talk to me,why do you have to bring in your dad?"

Alot of things have been said here and there but the ground reality is that Turkey doesn't view Greece as an enemy territory which may surprise you but this is the case currently or significiantly lower on the enemy list this is not a disrespect to the Greek at all but there are just more nefarious forces in the region Egypt, Russia, KSA, UAE, Iran, Aremenia and Kurds. The view on Greece is a restrain relations with an ally and technically all their bickering never leads anywhere as long as they are both members of the same alliance and bloc.

As for the Cyprus issues making two states will be much easier on both ends since it has been 2 countries for the last 54 years that is over half a century and the question is why change what already works perfectly fine. If the Oil falls into the Greek cypriots EEZ they should have it by default and right I don't think there will be any issues there fair and square and vice versa.

Greece building it's armed forces is a positive development for Greece and the region. Turkey doesn't feel threatened by Greece purchasing because it's own local defense industry is belting out higher qualities nowadays than any other defense industry in the world but The Turks themselves have little interest in the western front because it is a friendly territory (NATO) and nor is there any interest in Greek lands or political incentive. Just because both sides are expressive and trade words from time to time doesn't mean much and being expressive is more cultural to that specific area of the world but the real geopolitical goals for the long term align on both sides aside from Cyprus where both have shown to be satisfied with status quo as both Turkish and Greek cypriots have their separate lands in Cyprus

Last edited:
It's not a stone's throw don't worry 😂

At many places the distance between greek island and Turkish mainland isbless than 20 miles, so how can u have 12 miles of sea then?
Turkey should have long occupied these islands, their secular govts have not been keen on it and are inclined to Europe.

At many places the distance between greek island and Turkish mainland isbless than 20 miles, so how can u have 12 miles of sea then?
Turkey should have long occupied these islands, their secular govts have not been keen on it and are inclined to Europe.

Those islands are greek, are greek since 5000 years.

These islands were greek to begin with.Now if you are talking about realpolitik and stragy,yes it would have been in their advantage to take them back when they could. They are actually "lucky",because they got Imbros and Tenedos (the two islands west of the Straits) with the Treaty of Laussane. That gave them more "breathing room" in the Aegean,but then again,look at all the space they have in the south. And they have all the space they want in the Black Sea. They just want more. More and more. If you give them one island,they will demand a second.If you give them a second,a few years later they will ask for more.

As for the Cyprus issues making two states will be much easier on both ends since it has been 2 countries for the last 54 years that is over half a century and the question is why change what already works perfectly fine. If the Oil falls into the Greek cypriots EEZ they should have it by default and right I don't think there will be any issues there fair and square and vice versa.
This is the map:

aoz_kiopros-1021x576.jpg

gas_discoveries_around_cyprus.jpeg

The view on Greece is a restrain relations with an ally and technically all their bickering never leads anywhere as long as they are both members of the same alliance and bloc.
Here's the question though: Is Turkey really an ally? Is it really a NATO member? ;) Hehe

Back
Top Bottom