What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

That is why China made the world fastest supercomputer, World most powerful radio space telescope, world most stable HSR that travel average speed of 300km/h without dropping a balance coin for 8mins and breakthru technology like quantum communication.

The success of these Chinese university today is paving way for more breakthru and leading products in the future.

4 out of Top10 Best Engineering Universities are in China
18 out of Top50 are Chinese (12 mainland China + 4 HK + 2 Taiwan)

Tsinghua University beat out the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the top spot in the Best Global Universities for Engineering ranking, according to the U.S. News and World Report 2017 Best Global Universities rankings that were published on October 25, 2016.

Tsinghua University also was named among the very best in the following subject rankings: the 2nd place as the Best Global Universities for Computer Science, 6th for Chemistry, 8th for Materials Science and 24th for Physics.

View attachment 346857

4 out of top 10 are Chinese universities
View attachment 346858
View attachment 346859

Tsinghua University
View attachment 346875

View attachment 346864 View attachment 346863

@TaiShang @Two @Dungeness @cirr @Chinese Bamboo at al

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/engineering

I am so happy to see that Asian Universities doing so good in world stage. Congrtulation China. Does your university allow foreign student to study like US universities?

I am so happy to see that Asian Universities doing so good in world stage. Congrtulation China. Does your university allow foreign student to study like US universities?
Yes, but for most courses Chinese test is required.
If not, one pre-year is needed to learn the language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyu_Shuiping_Kaoshi
1408420244235525.jpg

There are a lot of foreign students in China.
According to the Ministry of Education, the total number in 2015 was 397,635 in 811 higher education institutes from 202 countries/regions.

Top10 countries of origin are South Korea, US, Thailand, India, Russia, Pakistan, Japan, Kazakstan, Indonesia and France, Vietnam, Germany, Mongolia, Laos, Malaysia
(from big to small)

Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou

Xinjiang University in Urumqi

Shenzhen University in Shenzhen

Last edited:
Yes, but for most courses Chinese test is required.
If not, one pre-year is needed to learn the language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyu_Shuiping_Kaoshi
View attachment 347314

There are a lot of foreign students in China.
According to the Ministry of Education, the total number in 2015 was 397,635 in 811 higher education institutes from 202 countries/regions.

Top10 countries of origin are South Korea, US, Thailand, India, Russia, Pakistan, Japan, Kazakstan, Indonesia and France, Vietnam, Germany, Mongolia, Laos, Malaysia
(from big to small)

Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou

Xinjiang University in Urumqi

Shenzhen University in Shenzhen

After my own Indian culture, i always find comfort in Asian Culture of China, Japan and Singapore. I hope and would like to see more and more cultural and student level interaction to take place among Asian nations. Otherwise, Indian students pay hail lot of money to read in an even average level US universities. What would be a course fee for a Indian student to pursue a Masters degree in Engineering for Tsinghua Univeristy in terms of USD.

Couple of weeks back, I was speaking with group of people here about the education of our kids. I have my apprehension that when my kids will grow up to study university, we are not sure, if US university will be cost effective enough to send out kids to these places...Because to study in MIT or Havard is so expensive that even one has to prepare saving enough money for 10 year in advance.
So any input about course fees and other information about this college, is appreciated.

After my own Indian culture, i always find comfort in Asian Culture of China, Japan and Singapore. I hope and would like to see more and more cultural and student level interaction to take place among Asian nations. Otherwise, Indian students pay hail lot of money to read in an even average level US universities. What would be a course fee for a Indian student to pursue a Masters degree in Engineering for Tsinghua Univeristy in terms of USD.

Couple of weeks back, I was speaking with group of people here about the education of our kids. I have my apprehension that when my kids will grow up to study university, we are not sure, if US university will be cost effective enough to send out kids to these places...Because to study in MIT or Havard is so expensive that even one has to prepare saving enough money for 10 year in advance.
So any input about course fees and other information about this college, is appreciated.
Asian schools are on the rise in general...
I'm pretty sure we will see more schools from South Asia in the coming decade, already quite close to top100 now!

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.20.15.png

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.20.22.png

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.20.34.png

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.20.40.png

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.20.47.png

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.24.53.png

屏幕快照 2016-10-30 12.21.01.png

Well, China actually is the only developing country which can provide full-scale reliable higher education and world-class researches.....I don't think any other major developing country having such potential. Delusion and bragging cannot lead a country to that place.....

Sb sounds a loser from the beginning as nearly all people from some certain country.....why do you think sb was rational in history?

He was ok on some China related subjects, and at times, he even got into arguments with his countrymen in defending China. In regards to Cultural Revolution and Mao, he was way out. It is sad that even India's educated don't have any idea what made China China, what made India India.

Universal Studios theme park breaks ground in Beijing China
Updated 31 Oct 2016 17:30
Universal_Globe2.jpg

BEIJING: Construction has begun on a US$7 billion Universal Studios theme park in Beijing, state media said on Monday (Oct 31), as the studio looks to challenge Disney in China's booming leisure market.

The complex is due to open in 2020 and has secured investment of 50 billion yuan (US$7.4 billion), the official Xinhua news agency said.

China is promoting consumer-driven growth and theme parks are being built in the country faster than anywhere else in the world, with more than 300 projects reportedly funded in recent years.

Mainland China's first Disneyland opened this June in the commercial hub of Shanghai at a cost of US$5.5 billion.

Another US giant, DreamWorks Animation, is cooperating on an entertainment district in Shanghai.

Last year 21 theme parks opened, according to state-run media, and the National Business Daily newspaper said another 20 are under construction.

Box office receipts in China are booming, with Universal films such as Harry Potter and Transformers big hits among Chinese cinemagoers.

Universal's three theme parks in the US have become so lucrative that executives are beginning to design movie sets with future theme park rides in mind, executives have said.

The company's Beijing location will be its third in Asia after Singapore and Osaka. It is also planning a park in South Korea.

As well as a theme park, the four square kilometre complex includes two resort hotels and a retail complex, Xinhua said. Previous reports said it was being built as a joint venture with a state-backed tourism firm.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...rk-breaks-ground-in-china-report/3249450.html

He was ok on some China related subjects, and at times, he even got into arguments with his countrymen in defending China. In regards to Cultural Revolution and Mao, he was way out. It is sad that even India's educated don't have any idea what made China China, what made India India.
What kind of people deserves what they have now.

China to put educational exchange on fast track
2016-12-12 09:42Editor: Wang Fan

China will further improve quality and opening-up of its educational sector and raise cultural and personnel exchange to a national strategic level, said China's Deputy Education Minister Hao Ping on Sunday.

Efforts will be exerted to serve both overseas students in China and domestic students going abroad, and to support schools jointly-run by China and foreign countries, Hao said, adding that China planned to send 29,000 government-sponsored students this year as part of an initiative to train talent with global vision.

About 523,700 Chinese studied abroad in 2015, making China world's top source of overseas students. China is also the world's third largest study destination following United States and Britain, which saw nearly 400,000 students from across the world last year.

Sino-foreign cooperative education has progressed well in recent years. China has established more than 2,400 cooperative programs with 700 strong overseas universities and, has signed agreements on mutual recognition of academic degrees and diplomas with 44 countries and regions.

"Education is the priority among priorities in cultural and personnel exchange. China has begun national-level educational cooperation with countries include the United States, Russia, Britain and France, and will raise such exchange to a national strategic level in the future," noted Hao.

University Party committee makes professor retire after controversial Mao comments

A Shandong Province professor who posted controversial comments about Mao Zedong online has been demanded to retire after he was removed from his political advisor role on Friday.

Deng Xiangchao, deputy head of the School of Art at Shangdong Jianzhu University, was made to retire by the university's Party committee on Thursday and stop any teaching-related activities both on and off campus, news portal thepaper.cn reported on Saturday.

Deng was also fired from his jobs as a member of the Standing Committee of the Shandong Provincial Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference and as counselor to the provincial government, the Shandong government announced Thursday.

The report said the Shandong Jianzhu University Party committee made its decision to make him retire due to "Deng's misbehavior over false speech" adding he had posted "wrong" comments on his personal Sina Weibo microblog many times, which was a "severe problem and led to bad public effect."

Deng was also given demerits as an administrative punishment by his university.

Deng, 62, posted the comments about Mao on Weibo on the eve of Mao's 123rd birthday, which falls on December 26.

The Shandong government posted the announcement on its official website in which it said it will no longer employ Deng as a counselor due to "relevant regulations," but did not give a specific reason for its actions or say which regulations were relevant.

Photos dated Wednesday showing angry people protesting Deng at the front gate of Shandong Jianzhu University are circulating online. In the images, the protestors hold Mao's portrait and banners that read "whoever opposes Chairman Mao is an enemy of the people."

Maoists said on their blogs that a few supporters of Deng argued with them at the scene but they were outnumbered by protestors.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1027678.shtml

I think he said "look I'm going to say something that'll make a lot of Indians feel good about themselves".

Turns out he might just be that good:cheesy:

I dunno about foreign students.....
In China, one student pays less than 2000 yuan for accommodation per year, but international students live separately and are priced ten times higher.....

I get 7000-8000 yuan per month......2000 yuan is from the school, the rest is from my boss....
But I know, my father gives his students 0, they only get 1000-2000yuan from the school since they are in Accounting....lol

100% fake, a Pinoy.
我想,你一定是一个富有的博士...I guess, you must be a rich PhD student in great China...哈哈哈哈,from your boss, en ...a good professor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom