What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

The rankings incorporate the top 1,000 world universities – up from 750 last year, with universities in the US accounting for 210 of the total.

China is the country with the second highest number of universities in the rankings, 87, with Peking University, ranking highest at 53rd.

The UK trails China with 68 universities in the top 1,000 globally..

Wow Campus looks awesome. Who wouldn't want to study in those campus!! China should allow admitting foreigners also at the same capacity as US

Last edited:
I wonder y there aren't even a single Indian university in the list? And there are actually 2 more 'quasi' Chinese universities in the list:- National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University which were founded by overseas Chinese like Tan Jiak Kim (Chen Ruojin), Chen Tan Lark Sai (Chen Liushi) and anti-Japanese war hero Lim Bo Seng (Lin Mosheng).

I have seen rankings overall with more Chinese universities in top 100 or 200. Well all rankings are subjective to human prejudice to a large degree, just like beauty pageant, don't take "rankings" or "indices" too seriously.

QS is the worst I think. (btw, QS and Times rank Chinese universities way better than other ranking)

Philip Altbach, professor of higher education at Boston College and also a member of the THE editorial board, said: "The QS World University Rankings are the most problematical. From the beginning, the QS has relied on reputational indicators for half of its analysis … it probably accounts for the significant variability in the QS rankings over the years. In addition, QS queries employers, introducing even more variability and unreliability into the mix. Whether the QS rankings should be taken seriously by the higher education community is questionable."[46]

Quality Universities in my opinion :

1 ) USA
2) UK
3 ) Germany
4) Australia
5) Canada
6) Japan
7 ) France
8 ) China

China has come a long way though . My brother is studying in Shanghai Jiao tong University and he has nothing but high praise for it .

Every ranking has its limitation, cons and pros..
Methodology varies with a different focus.

QS ranking (overall)
Chinese universities among Top100
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 03.34.24.png
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 03.34.29.png
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 03.34.34.png
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 03.34.39.png
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 03.34.44.png
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 03.34.50.png

Fudan University, Shanghai
35748939_1024.jpg
35748944_1024.jpg

I wonder y there are'nt even a single Indian university in the list? And there are atually 2 more 'quasi' chinese universities in the list- National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological university which were founded by overseas chinese like Tan Jiak Kim(Chen Ruojin),Chen Tan Lark Sai(Chen Liushi) and anti-japanese war hero Lim Bo Seng(Lin Mosheng).
There are some, but not among top100.
屏幕快照 2016-10-28 12.07.55.png

You were quite rational by PDF standard in the past, but now you are acting like a sore loser. What happened these days, my friend?

As his jealousy and inferiority complex for the Chinese intensifies as China's progression towards a developed nation grows day by day, he almost wished he was born a Chinese instead

I want to annex China, how can I annex China? Please help me someone, @Echo_419

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/nepal-and-bhutan-annexation-plan.457980/page-2#ixzz4OSh3jNZr

Last edited:
Every ranking has its limitation, cons and pros..
Methodology varies with a different focus.

QS ranking (overall)
Chinese universities among Top100
View attachment 346908 View attachment 346905 View attachment 346909 View attachment 346906 View attachment 346904 View attachment 346907

Fudan University, Shanghai
View attachment 346910 View attachment 346911

Fudan U definitely has great campus.

Alot of elites in Shanghai government and Lujiazhui banking circle are from Fudan, they call "Fudan gang".

As his jealousy and inferiority complex for the Chinese intensifies as China's progression towards a developed nation grows day by day, he almost wished he was born a Chinese instead

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/nepal-and-bhutan-annexation-plan.457980/page-2#ixzz4OSh3jNZr
Well, China actually is the only developing country which can provide full-scale reliable higher education and world-class researches.....I don't think any other major developing country having such potential. Delusion and bragging cannot lead a country to that place.....

You were quite rational by PDF standard in the past, but now you are acting like a sore loser. What happened these days, my friend?
Sb sounds a loser from the beginning as nearly all people from some certain country.....why do you think sb was rational in history?

I really doubt that City University of Hongkong,Peking University rank higher than Huazhong University of Science of Technoloy in ENGINEERING.
HUST does have one of the best engineering courses, labs and research institutes in China.
A huge proportion of engineers in Shenzhen's BYD/Huawei/ZTE are from HUST.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom