What's new

Great Turkish Empires&Leaders

T-Bortecine

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
First i would like to mention the Presidential seal which states the 16 Turkish empires with 16 stars however is still missing some.

240px-Presidential_Seal_of_Turkey.png

sehzadeler-kentinde-turk-devleti-bayraklari-manisa-20100107AY263688-02.jpg

16trkdevleti.jpg

and today this is the Turkish republics.

T%C3%9CRKB%C4%B0RDEV.jpg

I will update is slowly. This will be about the Great Turkish history , empires and leaders and Turkish history.

I will start with Great Selcuk Empire and Alparslan.

buyukselcukludevleti.jpg

Great Selcuk Empire.

B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%20Sel%C3%A7uklu%20Devleti.jpg

Ruling most of Anatolia ( Turkiye today) , Iran , iraq , syria , some of arabia and central asia.

Alp Arslan is probably the most known leader.

Alp-Arslan.jpg

Battle of Manzikert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Selcuks defeated the First crusade.

People's Crusade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The People's Crusade was part of the First Crusade and lasted roughly six months from April 1096 to October. It is also known as the Peasants' Crusade or the Paupers' Crusade. Led by Walter Sans Avoir and Peter the Hermit, the army was destroyed by the Seljuk forces of Kilij Arslan.

Thats not a important victory, since the enemy army ws mostly peasants, first crusade was actually successfull, but second crusade can be important military victory for Seljuks, two major european armies almost completely annihilated.

Alp Arslan with Romanus of byzantium(Romanus under captivity)

When the Emperor Romanos IV was conducted into the presence of Alp Arslan, he refused to believe that the bloodied and tattered man covered in dirt was the mighty Emperor of the Romans. After discovering the identity of the Emperor, he placed his boot on the Emperor's neck and forced him to kiss the ground. A famous conversation is also reported to have taken place:

Alp Arslan: "What would you do if I were brought before you as a prisoner?"
Romanos: "Perhaps I'd kill you, or exhibit you in the streets of Constantinople."
Alp Arslan: "My punishment is far heavier. I forgive you, and set you free."

Alp Arslan treated Romanos with considerable kindness and again offered the terms of peace which he had offered previous to the battle.

Timur Empire

timurbayraqdk1.gif

Timurid_Dynasty_821_-_873_%28AH%29.png

Timur statue in Uzbekistan

1115102870_rukbP-M.jpg

Timurs words for Turks

Biz ki Melik-i Turan, Emîr-i Türkistan'ız,
Biz ki Türk oğlu Türk'üz;
Biz ki milletlerin en kadîmî ve en ulusu
Türk'ün başbuğuyuz.!

About Turks . google translate

We are the Malik-i-Turan, Emir-i-Turkestan,
We are the son of the Turkish Türk'üz;
We are the nations that the ancients and the nation
Başbuğuyuz Turks.!

Excellent excellent thread.I am eagerly looking forward to this.One thing i noticed though modern day turks look nothing like turkics like attilla or timur who are basically mongolian looking.Why?

Excellent excellent thread.I am eagerly looking forward to this.One thing i noticed though modern day turks look nothing like turkics like attilla or timur who are basically mongolian looking.Why?

Left kazakhstan president( Kazakh Turk) and Turkiye president (Turkiye Turk) both look similar to Timur or others i think mainly you meant eyes.

turkiye-kazakistan-yeni-sinerji-ortak-ekonomi-4008495_539_o.jpg

Because we are living in an environment which nowhere near close Central Asia, all the people we interacted are either Semitics or Caucasians or Europeans.

Also do not take that thread seriously.

I have to say one thing about the thread,u chose golden horde which was essentially a mongol state that later came under turkic rule but u left out the delhi sultanate.They defeated the mongols again and again.

Left kazakhstan president( Kazakh Turk) and Turkiye president (Turkiye Turk) both look similar to Timur or others i think mainly you meant eyes.

turkiye-kazakistan-yeni-sinerji-ortak-ekonomi-4008495_539_o.jpg

I meant noses mostly.But yeah similarity in the guy on the left.

Also moghul empire,was mainly descended from mongols at least they claimed so -name 'moghul from mongol.The delhi sultanate should replace moghuls as the true 'turkic' empire in india.

I have to say one thing about the thread,u chose golden horde which was essentially a mongol state that later came under turkic rule but u left out the delhi sultanate.They defeated the mongols again and again.

I will include all Turkish states , these are not all , including ones not in those pictures.

Also avars are usually considered slavic by modern historians.Though theyw ere allies of attilla'a confederacy.

There is nothing Slavic about them, only the fighting style and organization is enough as a proof, but its possible they also included Mongolic and Ugric speaking tribes, and normally made many Slavs their vassals/subjects due the region they controlled.

Back
Top Bottom